news

"Rain On Me" Video Premiere

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imnotyourbabe10

It was an enjoyable video.  Liked the colors and choreography.  Favorite images were the knives raining down (her laying there was very GUY video being shot down by the arrow in the field).  The images of her face close up in mirror and with red cyborg close up was my favorite imagery.

The two of them looked so gorgeous. There goes Gaga making me question my sexuality again lol

Also, not really an AG fan but I don't mind her for ROM.  Just don't like her lyrical content in some of her songs -- very materialistic and toxic romance ("I want it, I get it, I got it...or the "Break up with your girlfriend").

Emigrante

My God. I almost cried today while watching it for 73748 time. It's so so great. 

Those daggers raining, her outfits, dance moves, this dark city. Visuals overall. Just great. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Mr Ricky
4 hours ago, NCgaga said:

I’m not sure how this is going to play out on radio. Gaga has had an issue with writing songs that are missing choruses- and this is super important for songs to be radio friendly. I’m hoping for the best- the song is made up of two verses, two pre- Choruses, two instrumental dance breaks(where the chorus should be, a bridge and an outro. But no chorus-, just like stupid love(which flopped) and perfect illusion(which had a weak chorus and flopped). Cmon Gaga, release songs with sing along choruses- it’s so important for a radio friendly song. 

the video- this was visually good. There was a lot going on in a short amount of time. Lots of different shots and wardrobe changes. Gaga’s first outfight was great, but the one with the several pony tails was not good and cheap looking, kind of party city costumey- like the stupid love ensemble. Just cheap and  uninspired. The dancing was similar to stupid love, I’m assuming the same choreographer. The choreo was not very stylized but instead had lots of hand movement and jumping. Same with the Stupid Love choreo. The video didn’t give me everything I wanted, but it gave me enough to be more excited about the upcoming album- more so then I was for Joanne. I think this is going to be a good album- but the two singles, I feel are not going to be the best representation of the album as a whole. 

In conclusion- as a Stan I’m getting what I wanted from her- good pop music, good visuals. But as a stan, I feel that she needs the creative minds that she allowed earlier in her career to help with her direction. 

It's already playing alot here on the radio, which is VERY VERY unusual.

Crossfit

KORG

I'm back on the Gaga train. I never really left but Stupid Love was a choice.

This video gave me gay Bladerunner, FAME commercial, Cyborg hunger games, Star Trek fanfic. I live.

It's everything I wanted.

One small issue for me is that Gaga and Ariana filmed together on a green screen (or a grey screen, as we've seen in their socials) and the dancers were on set without them. You can see where they've been superimposed in certain scenes and the lighting doesn't match, and the splashes on the floor are poorly blended into eachother making it obvious where the images are blended together.... But that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I'm feeling Chromatica. I think it looks like a jumbled plotline is being built. I need to know how Gaga ended up floored under one knife, I need to know what these tribes do to eachother, I need more Gaga dancing on a wasteland with the dirty city behind her. 

I'm too excited.

Helxig

Hi I just came back to say that Gaga is killing the choreography at the start of the video and the move at 0:56 reminds me of Born This Way and the nostalgia makes my heart full :heart:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Glamourpuss
16 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

For me, it's definitely a grower. I heard one of the leaks (like 12 seconds, and I think it was real) a while back and was underwhelmed. When I first heard the song last night, I thought it was a banger, but if I am being honest, I was a little underwhelmed as well. Then I played it on repeat, and I realized it's very catchy and began to notice new things about it, and I found myself warming up to it and really enjoying it. I listened to it again this morning and liked it even more. When I watched the video, I found myself dancing along with it. I have only see the video once thus far because I have to work, but I love the visuals – it's like a sci-fi film! I look forward to rewatching it and admiring it in greater detail. 

This usually isn't my preferred style of music (I'm not that familiar with Ari's oeuvre), and it's different than what I'm used to with Gaga, but I'm finding myself wanting to rock out to it. I also appreciate how Gaga and Ari are supporting each other not only in the video but also in the promo. It's what "Hey Girl" should've been. I'm also loving this restart to the Chromatic era and am thrilled that people are generally responding to it favorably. I'm definitely hyped for the rest of the album. 

Also, I'm pleased to see that people previously dragging Gaga, Sarah, Freddie, and company have now changed their tune, which is always a plus. And it's raining here this afternoon, even though earlier this week, the forecast said only a 20% chance of rain. The power she has!

The song has grown on me so much now. I don't know why sometimes going to sleep and starting a new day can make you see things differently, but I listened to ROM today and I loved it on the first listen. So you were right, it is definitely a grower and I also realised this was the kind of music style I wanted her to try before she made C2C and ASIB... and I agree that it does seem to be like what Hey Girl should have been. 

It's been raining here too. They picked the most perfect time to release this track. :firega:

hijadeputa

Ok so I just watched the video once again and I must say that I haven’t enjoyed and liked a Gaga MV so much since Applause. You can see they are geninuely having fun and seeing the video being a commercial success with so many views is just amazing. I can’t wait for it to debut at no.1 next week. RAIN ON ME! ❤️

Rudz Xinc

I wished this amazing video would get 40M in 24 hours, but I guess it's impossible.

Look at those clowns

mcphee

She starts off in the same position as the album cover which I find interesting... I wonder it it was intentional 

Chlorine Sevigny
3 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Okay, it's a cute video I'll give it that.

Blocked.

giphy.gif

Glamourpuss
33 minutes ago, channel said:

She starts off in the same position as the album cover which I find interesting... I wonder it it was intentional 

Definitely intentional. She's really delivering with the art this time. She doesn't just release a song with a random video she always includes a deeper meaning. 

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived