💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I’m not vibing it

illbekind

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10

No disrespect, OP, but can somebody please explain to me what "vibing it" means?  How did we take a noun such as "vibration" and turn it into a verb?  I mean, I've heard from it the hippies and self-help pseudoscience about "vibrating at a higher frequency" lol

OT, it's okay not to like ROM.  So far her "dancing through the pain" message is pretty clear but it doesn't feel as subversive as she used to be.

Anyway, this old soul just doesn't fit in in this post-modern world.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quasi
15 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

That wasn't me hunny. What the f*ck are you smoking?:triggered::ladyhaha: The account that spammed that video was banned.

Oh oops. You guys have really similar names and profile pictures. My bad sorry. :ladyhaha:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Queen Bitch
Just now, Quasi said:

Oh oops. You guys have really similar names and profile pictures. My bad sorry. :ladyhaha:

Funny I don't remember them having a profile picture, but oh well. And sorry if my reply was a bit harsh, I'm just tired of being accused of things that aren't true:huntyga: It happened yesterday, and I'm not in the mood for it to happen again today. 

Quasi
4 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Funny I don't remember them having a profile picture, but oh well. And sorry if my reply was a bit harsh, I'm just tired of being accused of things that aren't true:huntyga: It happened yesterday, and I'm not in the mood for it to happen again today. 

Oh I'm getting my people mixed up lol. You're the one who said it was her worst song ever. :triggered:

I'm glad it's starting to grow on you though. :enigma:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Queen Bitch
Just now, Quasi said:

Oh I'm getting my people mixed up lol. You're the one who said it was her worst song ever. :triggered:

I'm glad it's starting to grow on you though. :enigma:

It may not be worst song ever, I was just really disappointed when I said that (it's what happens when you hype yourself up too much:huntyga:). But now that I've seen the video. I'm starting to slowly like it. 

On 5/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, illbekind said:

Okay gays.. I’ve been a fan since 2008, seen over 20 live shows in multiple countries. I have literally loved every album for what it is. Even ARTPOP. I loved Joanne, it felt right. 

I am really worried because I am sincerely not feeling Chromatica. With ROM especially I really am struggling that this is the first time ever, in all of Gaga’s singles, that I don’t like one. I mean, it’s ok, I don’t “hate it” or think it’s bad or anything. I just don’t love it and that is weird to me. Stupid Love was kinda the same although has admittedly grown on me. But I am starting to feel like a bad fan, I feel like I’ve been waiting literally years for this album and now it’s here and my reaction is ‘meh’. Same as the Free Woman demo  

its so funny because I wrote a few comments when the ROM demo leaked saying I didn’t like it and got ATTACKED and that it was “just a demo” but here we are with the real thing and I still don’t like it.

I think the problem is this level of dance music is not really my thing. I have never liked it. 

around here it’s NOT OKAY to express anything but absolute adoration of Gaga or any of her work. So I just wanted to reach out to anyone else feeling the same way as I am. Of course I’ll still stream the hell out of it because anything she does is still way better than anything else out there. But this one is just not for me  

Also for anyone who says “ShE sAId ShE wOz ReLeEsIn A 90s ChICaGo HoUsE aLbUm Y r u SuPPriSeD” doesn’t automatically make me like 90s Chicago house.. I’m not surprised I’m disappointed. I really wanted this one to be good. 

I still have hope for the rest of the album and I am sure I will find some songs I love! But the singles just ain’t it for me this time around. And I’ll learn to be ok with that. 

I feel you, I lost the hype for Chromatica, still love Gaga and hoping she returns in future with something I will really like :heart:

BonoMarryTheNight

I think you just need to give it a few more listens. It's really a bop and it has all the formula to make itself likeable and danceable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72e8D1uShwM

I don’t get this almost freacking out when someone doesn’t like a song or even an album. This is music guys, it’s impossible to like every song an artist puts out. If you don’t like it wait for the next one, idk. But this overreaction, calling yourself a bad fan and things like this I will never understand. 

"How can I protect something so perfect without evil?"

DiskoBaby
8 hours ago, Doot said:

In what way at all did she ever give off the impression she was headed in a direction of "not caring what the industry thinks"?

Her entire career since ARTPOP has been one massive blatantly obvious "regaining the industry's love". 

When she did that interview criticizing the music industry 

TheSlash
On 5/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, illbekind said:

I think the problem is this level of dance music is not really my thing. I have never liked it. 

I respect your opinion, but this sentence doesn't make any sense to me. All of her albums up to ARTPOP were HEAVILY dance-infused pieces of art ( especially TF and ARTPOP ). Yet, you enjoyed her ARTPOP tour, been a fan since the very beginning and been to tours she called "...Ball" for a reason (to dance, to be precise :trollga: ). Sorry, but this one point just doesn't add up for me :oprah: .

Ew, David!

brucee

Shall we all create a thread everytime we like or dislike something Gaga does ?

hello hello baby.

NibbCub

I like the instrumental version and bought it. Just something about the vocals i don't like.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:24 AM, illbekind said:
Spoiler

Okay gays.. I’ve been a fan since 2008, seen over 20 live shows in multiple countries. I have literally loved every album for what it is. Even ARTPOP. I loved Joanne, it felt right. 

I am really worried because I am sincerely not feeling Chromatica. With ROM especially I really am struggling that this is the first time ever, in all of Gaga’s singles, that I don’t like one. I mean, it’s ok, I don’t “hate it” or think it’s bad or anything. I just don’t love it and that is weird to me. Stupid Love was kinda the same although has admittedly grown on me. But I am starting to feel like a bad fan, I feel like I’ve been waiting literally years for this album and now it’s here and my reaction is ‘meh’. Same as the Free Woman demo  

its so funny because I wrote a few comments when the ROM demo leaked saying I didn’t like it and got ATTACKED and that it was “just a demo” but here we are with the real thing and I still don’t like it.

around here it’s NOT OKAY to express anything but absolute adoration of Gaga or any of her work. So I just wanted to reach out to anyone else feeling the same way as I am. Of course I’ll still stream the hell out of it because anything she does is still way better than anything else out there. But this one is just not for me  

Also for anyone who says “ShE sAId ShE wOz ReLeEsIn A 90s ChICaGo HoUsE aLbUm Y r u SuPPriSeD” doesn’t automatically make me like 90s Chicago house.. I’m not surprised I’m disappointed. I really wanted this one to be good. 

I still have hope for the rest of the album and I am sure I will find some songs I love! But the singles just ain’t it for me this time around. And I’ll learn to be ok with that. 

Please don't beat yourself up over not liking the single- It's an easy thing to do when being so intertwined with the fandom and lifestyle that comes with being passionate about something.

Disliking a song doesn't make you any less of a fan, if anything you're being honest and that's the attitude everyone should have, after all, music (and art) is always subjective and personal to the individual - not liking something doesn't mean you won't continue to support Gaga and follow her music in the future.

I experienced something similar a few years back as a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series of videogames.... they changed style over time and no longer resonate the same with me: I found when I was able to let go of my own expectations that come along with being a part of a fandom, I was able to find something to appreciate in what the games are now. I'm sure it'll be the same with you when Chromatica is released, don't worry! :kiss:

P.S- I think many people on here can relate to how you're feeling, you aren't alone. I also got attacked the night of the release for saying the song sounded short for a house inspired track (which i still stand by) even though I do like the single - Choose not to take things so personally and don't let others make you feel bad for expressing your opinions, because they are valid. It's not the end of the world :heart:

3 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

No disrespect, OP, but can somebody please explain to me what "vibing it" means?  How did we take a noun such as "vibration" and turn it into a verb?  I mean, I've heard from it the hippies and self-help pseudoscience about "vibrating at a higher frequency" lol

OT, it's okay not to like ROM.  So far her "dancing through the pain" message is pretty clear but it doesn't feel as subversive as she used to be.

Anyway, this old soul just doesn't fit in in this post-modern world.

Vibing could mean resonating or relating to something. Basically feeling the 'vibe' something is giving off.

Chlorine Sevigny

So skip the era. Damn, some people are so whiny. It's not that deep. 

Archived