OT: It's okay to not like something sweetie:hug:

but stream it anyways:hor:

no

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Messy vers
1 hour ago, illbekind said:

Okay gays.. I’ve been a fan since 2008, seen over 20 live shows in multiple countries. I have literally loved every album for what it is. Even ARTPOP. I loved Joanne, it felt right. 

I am really worried because I am sincerely not feeling Chromatica. With ROM especially I really am struggling that this is the first time ever, in all of Gaga’s singles, that I don’t like one. I mean, it’s ok, I don’t “hate it” or think it’s bad or anything. I just don’t love it and that is weird to me. Stupid Love was kinda the same although has admittedly grown on me. But I am starting to feel like a bad fan, I feel like I’ve been waiting literally years for this album and now it’s here and my reaction is ‘meh’. Same as the Free Woman demo  

its so funny because I wrote a few comments when the ROM demo leaked saying I didn’t like it and got ATTACKED and that it was “just a demo” but here we are with the real thing and I still don’t like it.

I think the problem is this level of dance music is not really my thing. I have never liked it. 

around here it’s NOT OKAY to express anything but absolute adoration of Gaga or any of her work. So I just wanted to reach out to anyone else feeling the same way as I am. Of course I’ll still stream the hell out of it because anything she does is still way better than anything else out there. But this one is just not for me  

Also for anyone who says “ShE sAId ShE wOz ReLeEsIn A 90s ChICaGo HoUsE aLbUm Y r u SuPPriSeD” doesn’t automatically make me like 90s Chicago house.. I’m not surprised I’m disappointed. I really wanted this one to be good. 

I still have hope for the rest of the album and I am sure I will find some songs I love! But the singles just ain’t it for me this time around. And I’ll learn to be ok with that. 

Same here! I feel hyped only for Babylon right now. and Free woman little bit

GhettoFabulous

Well..you don’t have to like everything she does :poot: For some of us joanne was hell but we survived :poot:

flyaway

Me as well, I'm feeling a little torn with this one. I don't want to make any assumptions before the album comes out, and I'm glad many of you are enjoying this single big time. But to me, it's a weird situation. 

I guess it's the way the music was made, maybe it's too pop for me I think (it's too short as well). And I've loved the way Gaga's been able to mix genres and make it big and different. This one feels a little too controlled for my taste. 

Helxig

I'm not vibing it either and it's making me really sad because I've never not vibed with a Gaga song. I WANT to love it. I think it's slowly growing on me.

But on top of that I felt immediately unwelcome here on GGD which sucks because I love this site and now I feel like I need a break. Because every second comment was "if you don't like this song you're ___"   and I quickly learned I'm dumb, deaf, basic, should leave the fanbase etc. etc.

I know it's gonna get a lot of listens and I'm super happy for Gaga! But I just find it forgettable :smh: 

I think I don't like house music or that 90's production, because to me it just sounds too busy and the vocals don't stand out to me. Also the only catchy part for me is "rain, on, me". It doesn't have a chorus you can really sing to, and generally if I don't find myself wanting to sing to a song I won't remember it. I want a song that will make me sing more than dance I guess, idk :messga:  I'm trying to like it, I really am

Also guys please don't attack me I just feel the way I feel  :smh:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

DiskoBaby

I think it's good but at the same time it's generic. It's good enough for me to listen to it but not hit the replay button like crazy. Idk I'm not saying it bad but it sounds like anyone could've sang it. It doesn't have that "Gaga" sound to it. 

I feel the same about Stupid Love too which makes me feel that while album is gonna be like that. 

Itsbrenda
8 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I'm not vibing it either and it's making me really sad because I've never not vibed with a Gaga song. I WANT to love it. I think it's slowly growing on me.

But on top of that I felt immediately unwelcome here on GGD which sucks because I love this site and now I feel like I need a break. Because every second comment was "if you don't like this song you're ___"   and I quickly learned I'm dumb, deaf, basic, should leave the fanbase etc. etc.

I know it's gonna get a lot of listens and I'm super happy for Gaga! But I just find it forgettable :smh: 

I think I don't like house music or that 90's production, because to me it just sounds too busy and the vocals don't stand out to me. Also the only catchy part for me is "rain, on, me". It doesn't have a chorus you can really sing to, and generally if I don't find myself wanting to sing to a song I won't remember it. I want a song that will make me sing more than dance I guess, idk :messga:  I'm trying to like it, I really am

Also guys please don't attack me I just feel the way I feel  :smh:

I agree with all of this. You are not alone. 

it’s weird that it has no chorus, it’s literally what makes a gaga song no matter the genre, huge berthing choruses that get stuck in your head

Pennywise

No you have to like it or else you are a terrible person 

:reductive:

jk Kimora :ohwell:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

bionic

I much prefer Stupid Love (which IMO is one of Gaga's best singles in a long time), ROM falls flat for me

buy bionic

PlasticDollGirl
30 minutes ago, Epione said:

This could’ve been a reply in an official thread. Your opinion is cute but not thread worthy. Imagine hundreds of us making each a thread of how we like the song. Especially when it’s just comes down 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

komronjoel

ya’ll need to get your heads checked, it’s a ****ing bop. You telling me if this came on in the club you wouldn’t rush to the dancefloor and dance your ass off? Lmao

raragaga

First of all, don't listen to the rude people telling you not to share your opinion about an artist on a website made for fans to post their opinions about that artist. :sure:

Secondly, you don't have to like every song, or even every era. And you don't have to feel bad about it, or feel like a bad fan. Maybe there will be something else on the album that you resonate with. And maybe even ROM will grow on you like Stupid Love did. I actually find that every album since BTW has had to grow on me a bit. But I think that's Gaga. Her music is so different from everything else out there, and she even surpasses our own expectations of what her music will be that it takes time to get used to it.

:pawsup::heart:

xoxo

Helxig
9 minutes ago, Itsbrenda said:

I agree with all of this. You are not alone. 

it’s weird that it has no chorus, it’s literally what makes a gaga song no matter the genre, huge berthing choruses that get stuck in your head

Thank you :selena:  now I don't feel so alone. It's always been her lyrics, hooks, melodies, and incredibly catchy choruses and unique bridges that make it for me. The huge beats are a plus. But ROM and Free Woman both don't have those qualities and I'm just scared that for the first time ever I won't like a Gaga album :ohno:

Helxig
5 minutes ago, komronjoel said:

ya’ll need to get your heads checked, it’s a ****ing bop. You telling me if this came on in the club you wouldn’t rush to the dancefloor and dance your ass off? Lmao

First of all, you don't have to be so rude. Secondly not all of us like music for it's danceability at the club. Music is made for all different kinds of reasons. Some of us don't even go to clubs, and have stanned Gaga's music for other reasons for the past 12 years

Itsbrenda
10 minutes ago, komronjoel said:

Ew, Why would I be in a club

Archived