Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I’m not vibing it

illbekind

Featured Posts

It's fine if you didn't like it or aren't resonating with the current music. 

But a minor suggestion....you don't have to list your "credentials" in order to prove that you are a Gaga fan. 

You most likely won't resonate with every single thing she does. I didn't resonate very much for a long time with Joanne, and it's still ranked the lowest of her albums for me. 

Expressing your feelings is totally fine though. But I do agree with others on this thread, you or anyone else don't need to make individual threads just to give your opinions on the music. That's what the discussion threads are for, to help reduce clutter. 

In closing, I hope you find a song or two on the album you click with!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
illbekind
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

It's fine if you didn't like it or aren't resonating with the current music. 

But a minor suggestion....you don't have to list your "credentials" in order to prove that you are a Gaga fan. 

You most likely won't resonate with every single thing she does. I didn't resonate very much for a long time with Joanne, and it's still ranked the lowest of her albums for me. 

Expressing your feelings is totally fine though. But I do agree with others on this thread, you or anyone else don't need to make individual threads just to give your opinions on the music. That's what the discussion threads are for, to help reduce clutter. 

In closing, I hope you find a song or two on the album you click with!

Hope you close the others then babe x

Just now, illbekind said:

Hope you close the others then babe x

Close what others?

illbekind
Just now, Doot said:

Close what others?

There are lots of threads both positive and critical of ROM now. 

if you think that’s why I created this thread then you have completely misread what I was saying, probably because you like many others seem a little pressed about me and other people not liking it. Which is funny because you were also one of the ones who attacked me when the demo leaked. 

first of all, I wasn’t listing credentials. I was trying to give context to my situation - that I had been a fan for a long time. If I had only been a fan since Joanne and I started a big thread saying I disliked Chromatica so far it wouldn’t mean as much right?

i also have a suggestion for you. If you want to get your point across to someone, there’s no need to be passive aggressive. Try being straight forward and understanding of other people’s views, which is not only more effective but more mature!

”You are allowed to express your feelings, just don’t do it unless I agree with them”

LOVE JUNKIE

It's ok this is how I felt with Joanne. Let me clarify, some of Joanne.

I liked Perfect Illusion (after initially being underwhelmed), I loved A-YO, I liked Million Reasons but then the album came out and for the first time there were Gaga songs I didn't like: Come To Mama, Hey Girl and Just Another Day. Thankfully, two of them are right next to each other so they're easy to skip :huntyga: I even like all her pre-Gaga songs and unreleased stuff, but these Joanne tracks are perma-skips for me. However I really loved Diamond Heart, A-YO, Perfect Illusion and John Wayne so I couldn't complain. Just try to keep an open mind, chances are there'll be something for you on the album.

on a three day bender

49 minutes ago, illbekind said:

if you think that’s why I created this thread then you have completely misread what I was saying, probably because you like many others seem a little pressed about me and other people not liking it. Which is funny because you were also one of the ones who attacked me when the demo leaked. 

first of all, I wasn’t listing credentials. I was trying to give context to my situation - that I had been a fan for a long time. If I had only been a fan since Joanne and I started a big thread saying I disliked Chromatica so far it wouldn’t mean as much right?

i also have a suggestion for you. If you want to get your point across to someone, there’s no need to be passive aggressive. Try being straight forward and understanding of other people’s views, which is not only more effective but more mature!

”You are allowed to express your feelings, just don’t do it unless I agree with them”

This is literally one of the more ridiculous posts I've read recently and only proves that it's YOU who is pressed. 

1) I never attacked you. I never attack anyone. You're being dramatic for no reason. 

2) you were giving credentials. "I was only giving context by saying I was a fan for a long time". Then say "ive been a fan for a long time". Instead you chose to provide how many shows you've been to across several locations :billie:

3) I responded to this post because I haven't been glued to this site all day and when I opened the site, this was in the trending posts. My point stands for EVERYONE, whether it's a positive review or negative. 

4) and I wasn't passive aggressive in the slightest. I provided a suggestion, which literally was one of the suggestions by the admin THIS MORNING. 

Here's a chair 🪑

I'm sad this one did not do it for you :( However, the fact is it is the first major smash in the making since TEOG. 

So, I am glad, maybe its not as experimental as the Gaga we know, but to me it still feels like an evolution.

She came a long way, and this song is unique in terms of message/simplicity rather than anything else I think.

AJRocketMan
12 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

Tbh I really felt like Gaga at this point in her career would be more... Experimental? 

Idk when she was talking about how the music industry blacklisted her for ARTPOP it seemed like she was going in a direction where she didn't care about charts anymore. 

I keep hoping she'll release something really experimental and futuristic sounding. Something that truly sounds out of this world. Idk why pop singers right now are looking back rather than looking forward. Everything sounds 80s and 90s and we're in the year 2020. I wanna hear the future. 

There’s nothing that sounds ‘80s right now except Blinding Lights. And I don’t hear anything that sounds ‘90s atm either. It’s all trap rap and alt-pop and country.

AJRocketMan
2 hours ago, illbekind said:

He’s right, your thread is unnecessary. You should’ve just posted this in the discussion thread.

Lumiere

It's okay if you don't like it :hug: I actually like the way you respectfully expressed your opinion. Hope that there's something in the album that you'd like :heart:

sadboy

It's ok to dislike 2 singles from an album. But just wait a week and see :) ...If not I hope you'll like LG7!!!

12 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

Tbh I really felt like Gaga at this point in her career would be more... Experimental? 

Idk when she was talking about how the music industry blacklisted her for ARTPOP it seemed like she was going in a direction where she didn't care about charts anymore. 

I keep hoping she'll release something really experimental and futuristic sounding. Something that truly sounds out of this world. Idk why pop singers right now are looking back rather than looking forward. Everything sounds 80s and 90s and we're in the year 2020. I wanna hear the future. 

In what way at all did she ever give off the impression she was headed in a direction of "not caring what the industry thinks"?

Her entire career since ARTPOP has been one massive blatantly obvious "regaining the industry's love". 

Helxig
15 hours ago, krystlel said:

I'm the same.  I wish I could hear what other people are hearing, but I don't.  I also think it could be because I don't like house music.  The only parts I like are the spoken parts and the beat drop, but nothing really sticks in my head.  I'm not really into the Spotify "Welcome to Chromatica" playlist either.  Now I'm worried I won't like Chromatica, I think I'll probably find some songs I like in it, but I don't think it's going to be a favourite.  I'll just lower my expectations.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm definitely gonna give the album a chance to grow on me! But it is sad when you think you might not like an album. I've loved every single one of her albums to date, so I guess I just naively thought that I'd like anything she touches. It's okay though! I'm glad the world in general is loving it! I'm happy to see Gaga succeed anyway

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

SarahG

Maybe because you like some genres. Unlike me i love music. Name it from pop to rock to jazz. And maybe that's the reason why i instantly love it. Maybe you should explore more genres of music cause Gaga wont stick to same old music. 

Asia's Popstar Royalty 👑

Archived