Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I’m not vibing it

illbekind

Featured Posts

whore

The song really grew on me. I’m guessing this whole album is going to be a grower because this is how I felt with “Stupid Love” too. I can tell this is going to be her Blackout by Britney, her Fever by Kylie, and her Confessions by Madonna; a timeless body of pop music perfection.

My only real complaints are the lengths of the songs, they seem to be algorithmic and not going beyond a basic length. However, we only have the singles so far so I can’t say for sure. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism

We just have to deal with the fact that Gaga (difficultly) will come back with all those kind of “full of meanings and conceptual” albums like before. She tried so much and it kinda didn’t worked because people (not everyone) doesn’t have the capacity to understand how intelligent she is. If she didn’t make maybe half of what her she wanted to do with ARTPOP and still received all that backlash, just imagine...

At this point we just have to enjoy her music which is going to be at least very well done even if there’s no deep messages or art appeals because we know how good she is. That’s the reality.

Youre not alone. Both the song and the video are mediocre to me and as a long time gaga fan, its incredibly disappointing/sad to see. Everything this era feels so empty and lacks the character and presence that she radiated in her first 4 eras (and even some of Joanne).

Illuminati

This isn't a discussion honestly. Instead of keeping it to a status update or a comment in the Chromatica thread you make a new thread with a clearly unpopular opinion to bitch about how people "attacked" you.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here? To gang up with people and hate on the song? Or to be "attacked" yet again by the immense amount of people who do happen to like the song?

It's fine to have your own opinion but it's so annoying when people here constantly cry about not getting validated. Don't say it so loud if you don't want your views to be challenged.

Chromatica Island

And I'm one of those people that loves everything she puts out , I have a wide variety of musical tastes and thats ok too! Art is subjective!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Ziggy
11 hours ago, BetrayedSTAN said:

The new sound is not the problem here .. at least for me cause i managed to like almost every gaga's album even joanne which is one of my favourite.. the problem for me is the production.. i'm don't know but something is super lazy about it .. 

I still can't understand why gaga decided to let bloodpop be the main producer for her dance/pop comeback album .. and i'm not saying this because i want her to work again with Fernando garibay or RedOne ..

I want her to work with someone who can challenge her and push her to create the magic .. bloodpop failed so hard in this ..

Yup. That’s what it is for me. I like Rain on Me but not because the production is interesting and SL’s production annoyed me lol. Bloodpop is just a middle of the road producer and tbh I feel like he just steamrolled Gaga a bit because the album feels more him than Gaga based on what I’ve heard so far.

illbekind
10 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

This isn't a discussion honestly. Instead of keeping it to a status update or a comment in the Chromatica thread you make a new thread with a clearly unpopular opinion to bitch about how people "attacked" you.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here? To gang up with people and hate on the song? Or to be "attacked" yet again by the immense amount of people who do happen to like the song?

It's fine to have your own opinion but it's so annoying when people here constantly cry about not getting validated. Don't say it so loud if you don't want your views to be challenged.

Where was I bitching?

I’m simply expressing my feelings that I don’t feel good about for the first time ever not liking what Gaga is putting out. It doesn’t mean I won’t listen to it, in fact it’s the opposite and I’ve already listened quite a bit. I also really like the video. I am just saying it’s a strange feeling for someone who has been around since the beginning and literally lived for everything. 

Not sure if you meant to come across intentionally rude but just because someone has a different or “unpopular” opinion doesn’t mean they should go and hide somewhere and not say it. I’m happy to defend myself but if everyone was just a little bit more respectful and mature, yourself included, this could be a discussion. 

Maleficent

it’s okay to say you don’t like it much. 

but we have so many ROM threads just post it there. 

We don’t need 10 threads saying it’s amazing and 10 threads saying it’s not amazing. keep it in the posts. 

Maleficent
8 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Yup. That’s what it is for me. I like Rain on Me but not because the production is interesting and SL’s production annoyed me lol. Bloodpop is just a middle of the road producer and tbh I feel like he just steamrolled Gaga a bit because the album feels more him than Gaga based on what I’ve heard so far.

the instrumental break choruses on SL and ROM sound like a BloodPop ego trip/victory lap rather than a LG song. 

Epione
34 minutes ago, illbekind said:

That wasn’t the point of my thread. It was about being scared that I wasn’t going to like a Gaga album for the first time ever and asking if anyone was feeling the same. 

For all of you people saying this it’s so rude to shut someone down for having an opinion. There are literally 6+ threads praising Rain On Me in a different way and nobody is commenting in them saying they aren’t thread worthy. You’re just pressed because I posted a different opinion that might be perceived as negative. Which it isn’t - it’s just I don’t feel it.

Imagine being this self centered that you want to ruin a happy moment for other people just because you don’t like the song. Threads like these and people like you make others avoid GGD when she releases something.

No one is saying you can’t have a different opinion. You clearly do and that’s fine. But this could’ve been a reply inside the official ROM thread without making your non-vibing thread trending on site all day.

Of course, that would be the case if you would think not only about yourself.

ohmygauw
12 hours ago, illbekind said:

Okay gays.. I’ve been a fan since 2008, seen over 20 live shows in multiple countries. I have literally loved every album for what it is. Even ARTPOP. I loved Joanne, it felt right. 

I am really worried because I am sincerely not feeling Chromatica. With ROM especially I really am struggling that this is the first time ever, in all of Gaga’s singles, that I don’t like one. I mean, it’s ok, I don’t “hate it” or think it’s bad or anything. I just don’t love it and that is weird to me. Stupid Love was kinda the same although has admittedly grown on me. But I am starting to feel like a bad fan, I feel like I’ve been waiting literally years for this album and now it’s here and my reaction is ‘meh’. Same as the Free Woman demo  

its so funny because I wrote a few comments when the ROM demo leaked saying I didn’t like it and got ATTACKED and that it was “just a demo” but here we are with the real thing and I still don’t like it.

I think the problem is this level of dance music is not really my thing. I have never liked it. 

around here it’s NOT OKAY to express anything but absolute adoration of Gaga or any of her work. So I just wanted to reach out to anyone else feeling the same way as I am. Of course I’ll still stream the hell out of it because anything she does is still way better than anything else out there. But this one is just not for me  

Also for anyone who says “ShE sAId ShE wOz ReLeEsIn A 90s ChICaGo HoUsE aLbUm Y r u SuPPriSeD” doesn’t automatically make me like 90s Chicago house.. I’m not surprised I’m disappointed. I really wanted this one to be good. 

I still have hope for the rest of the album and I am sure I will find some songs I love! But the singles just ain’t it for me this time around. And I’ll learn to be ok with that. 

Art. Is. Subjective. And if you don’t like ROM, that. Is. Fine!!! I hope you can find something you like in Chromatica though! <3

Fans need to stop putting down one another for liking / not liking Gaga’s work.

Tbh I’m surprised at how most of the comments in this thread has been rather mature, unlike the mess GGD was 4++ years ago lol. 

BetrayedSTAN
14 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

This is exactly what i feel about chromatica .. maybe i'll change my mind after i listen to the full album .. but judging from what i've heard so far bloodpop failed so hard to get the best out of gaga compared to her former collaborators like RedOne/garibay or even djws .. 

she herself confirmed that she's been crying during sessions with bloodpop and i'm 100% sure that this was  related to the pressure she felt because maybe she was not feeling satisfied with the result of bloodpop's production? I don't know ..

Still feeling something off about him and his work .. gaga should distance herself from him after this album and maybe working with him later after he matured as a producer .

Hope she works one day with jack antonoff/rick knowls/ramy yaccoub/timbland/rick rubin/max martin/the neptunes etc 

Ziggy
1 hour ago, BetrayedSTAN said:

This is exactly what i feel about chromatica .. maybe i'll change my mind after i listen to the full album .. but judging from what i've heard so far bloodpop failed so hard to get the best out of gaga compared to her former collaborators like RedOne/garibay or even djws .. 

she herself confirmed that she's been crying during sessions with bloodpop and i'm 100% sure that this was  related to the pressure she felt because maybe she was not feeling satisfied with the result of bloodpop's production? I don't know ..

Still feeling something off about him and his work .. gaga should distance herself from him after this album and maybe working with him later after he matured as a producer .

Hope she works one day with jack antonoff/rick knowls/ramy yaccoub/timbland/rick rubin/max martin/the neptunes etc 

Yeah I just dont see a solid meshing here in styles. But obvi happy for everyone LOVING it. I like it; it’s not terrible, but just not something I’m breaking my neck to hear either.

Archived