đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey: "f**k off"

COOOK

Featured Posts

Gagi
1 hour ago, MorganMak said:

Nicki looks exactly what every not-hot horny gay bottom boy who was traumatized that the hot men around him never paid him any attention, would want to be. Lana is classy and beautiful in a way those people can never appreciate cause there entire value system puts "****ability" before beauty

Nicki looks like a witch that granted an ugly gay bottom a wish to look like her if he just sold his soul. Shes a caricature of feminine beauty, like blow up doll sex toy. Your avi looks so pretty I dont know why would try to pretend shes a beauty queen. Yes shes sexy and hot and seductive. Beauty queen? No.

Nicki is beautiful, end of story.

The comparison of her and a gay bottom - I đź’€ Thing is Lana is a beautiful woman indeed but why does that make Nicki less pretty?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dit

To me an artist should have the freedom to sing about anything they want unless it is racist. But they must be prepared and ready to get backlash. If you capitulate and cave in well thats on you...not the public. You can continue to sing what you want but you must allocate that same freedom to the public to be able to analyze and critic your music and express if they dislike your message. "Brace yourself" is what im saying. I actually have no issue with her saying whatever she wants in her music but i dont like her statement or the way she tried to get her point across.

MorganMak
14 minutes ago, Eggs said:

I'm sorry but who are you to decide how female sexuality works? There is no right way to express one's femininity, and women should be free to present themselves however they like. Your thinking on gender roles is highly regressive, I'd advise you to do some reading on contemporary Gender Theory. 

The reason I started arguing on this thread is because I see women's expression in pop culture being limited. Yes I've been in university and sadly all of what I was exposed to was evidence of the kind of culture that created the need for this thread. The people you disagree with aren't uneducated they just disagree with you. 

ICouldntThinkOfOne

Nicki looks exactly what every not-hot horny gay bottom boy who was traumatized that the hot men around him never paid him any attention, would want to be. Lana is classy and beautiful in a way those people can never appreciate cause there entire value system puts "****ability" before beauty

You literally just described lana del reys whole core concept and tried to use it as an insult? 

ICouldntThinkOfOne
28 minutes ago, MorganMak said:

not touching on any other part of your argument, but Lana has never been "Golden Age Hollywood Glamour". I see this issue with other young people so I think it must just be an age issue. Lana is an actual millenial. Yes she plumbs the 70s. The 70's are 40 years away from "Old Hollywood". If your fav, Lana, thinks a certain age in the media was important enough to reference, maybe you should get your references straight by at least 40 years. 

"Not touching any other part of your argument".

Then don't respond. It's a discussion about her response to backlash that she deserves.

Skabi
2 hours ago, MorganMak said:

if you think 3rd rate pole dancers are equivalent to Lana or have anything to say that Lana doesnt know already then I feel sorry for you

as if your fave doesnt try HARD to live the life these rappers actually live lol

Spoiler

3rd rate pole dancers i have to laugh :billie:

tumblr_p6d6t2Aa6Y1ti2nfwo1_500.gifv

ay_113307107.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

Daylight Jokers
1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

Ugh, they aren't women they are girls thinking they are being edgy by acting skanky when really they are debasing themselves for a hit. You don't see Lana saying she'll show her tits for #1. She has class and behaves like a real woman and that's feminism. 

I'm not saying they can't talk about vaginas and explicit sex acts but the lyrical content these days is vulgar for lack of a better word. 

I'm aware this makes me sound like a boomer and I don't care. 

giphy.gif

Of all GGD members, I am honestly very surprised this comment came from you. It's very misogynistic.

Skabi
2 hours ago, MorganMak said:

Nicki looks exactly what every not-hot horny gay bottom boy who was traumatized that the hot men around him never paid him any attention, would want to be. Lana is classy and beautiful in a way those people can be as well if they get fillers, their nose and jaw done, dye their hair brown and style them in old hollywood glamour and own a couple vintage clothes and a flower crown

fixed it

Glamourpuss
5 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

I am honestly surprise this comment came from you.

Why? I don't like overly sexual lyrics. I like some within reason like Dirrty by Xtina for example because she doesn't describe anything in graphic detail. I just think female artists go a little bit too far these days. Take Marina for example if she started singing the lyrics that Doja Cat sings I'd be a little bit put off. 

I just saw your edit. I don't think it's misogynistic. I'm female myself and I don't like it when other females use graphic descriptions and explicit lyrics. It's just a personal preference. :)

Eggs
23 minutes ago, MorganMak said:

The reason I started arguing on this thread is because I see women's expression in pop culture being limited. Yes I've been in university and sadly all of what I was exposed to was evidence of the kind of culture that created the need for this thread. The people you disagree with aren't uneducated they just disagree with you. 

I think there should be space in pop culture for someone who does what Lana does, whether I like it or not, because I believe in freedom of expression. And guess what? There is. She's been massively successful in her lane. She sells bucket loads of albums, is critically acclaimed and her influence can be keenly felt across contemporary pop music. 

What I take issue with is your assertion that her brand of femininity is more 'realistic' (natural?) than that of the more sexually assertive pop stars that she chose to single out, as if there even is a normal way for a woman to be. In particular I recoil at your insinuation that music by Nicki Minaj etc. has a damaging effect on the women who listen to it because it encourages them to be sexually assertive when 'in reality female sexuality doesn't work like that'. Restrictive gender roles do not exist because that is how women and men naturally are. They are a social construct and can be and should be torn down and reshaped.

Varys
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

Ugh, they aren't women they are girls thinking they are being edgy by acting skanky when really they are debasing themselves for a hit. You don't see Lana saying she'll show her tits for #1. She has class and behaves like a real woman and that's feminism. 

I'm not saying they can't talk about vaginas and explicit sex acts but the lyrical content these days is vulgar for lack of a better word. 

I'm aware this makes me sound like a boomer and I don't care. 

giphy.gif

And you comment that on a thread were Lana is pole dancing in the OP

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Daylight Jokers
4 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Why? I don't like overly sexual lyrics. I like some within reason like Dirrty by Xtina for example because she doesn't describe anything in graphic detail. I just think female artists go a little bit too far these days. Take Marina for example if she started singing the lyrics that Doja Cat sings I'd be a little bit put off. 

I just saw your edit. I don't think it's misogynistic. I'm female myself and I don't like it when other females use graphic descriptions and explicit lyrics. It's just a personal preference. :)

Your comment about them not being women but just girls that are trying to be edgy just rubbed me off the wrong way, I guess. I mean, how is singing about sex or being confident about your body and sexuality makes one less of a woman? I get it that the way they present themselves and their songs isn't your cup of tea (it's not my cup of tea either), but it just feels off putting women in a box. Humans act differently.

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, Varys said:

And you comment that on a thread were Lana is pole dancing in the OP

I'm not a complete prude. :ladyhaha:

I dislike graphic and overly sexual lyrics but pole dancing is an art form. 

Bobbylon

I love her so much❤️ Love how she’s making every  little delusioner pressed rn. Her fanbase is hella strong and knows her intentions! She won’t cancell herself just because she found strength to FINALLLY put herself on top as she truly should

Archived