Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey: "f**k off"

COOOK

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom
Just now, MorganMak said:

what about that is "yikes"

I am not here for tearing down women period. They are beautiful. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFXIV WhiteMage

"started"? that happened 30 years go. Literally the top song in the world right now is a "girlboss" song about being a "savage". What are you fighting against? Its 2020. 

And that is bad? Should women go back to being submissive and sing all about fluttery love all the time? If men can get away with it, so does women.

If a woman wants to be savage then she can be, if a woman wants to be colorful then she can be as well. There are artists like Taylor Swift and Ariana that shows femininity while slaying the charts then there's the like of Gaga and Nicki that exude strong women vibes (borderline masculinity). They all represent different women perspective and expresses their voice differently in their own different style of music. It just so happen that hiphop is the IT thing right now. 

Only a complete loser would use someone's looks to prove a point. Sad to see when disgusting people join this forum.

MorganMak
Just now, Musicisfreedom said:

I am not here for tearing down women period. They are beautiful. 

but yet you must have noticed were in the midst of tearing down Lana for daring to be vulnerable and for talking about her realistic view of her own gender.

Musicisfreedom

but yet you must have noticed were in the midst of tearing down Lana for daring to be vulnerable and for talking about her realistic view of her own gender.

And? You don't have to tear anyone down to defend Lana. Those artists aren't responsible for Lana's backlash. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

MorganMak
3 minutes ago, PoCHEMist said:

And that is bad? Should women go back to being submissive and sing all about fluttery love all the time? If men can get away with it, so does women.

If a woman wants to be savage then she can be, if a woman wants to be colorful then she can be as well. There are artists like Taylor Swift and Ariana that shows femininity while slaying the charts then there's the like of Gaga and Nicki that exude strong women vibes (borderline masculinity). They all represent different women perspective and expresses their voice differently in their own different style of music. It just so happen that hiphop is the IT thing right now. 

what you dont get is that you are the new police, the same kind of person who policed women for being too " easy" or "liberal", the kind of liberal hall-monitor mindset has you poised on women who are too "submissive" or classically feminine.

MorganMak
5 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

And? You don't have to tear anyone down to defend Lana. Those artists aren't responsible for Lana's backlash. 

no they arnt its the fans

1 hour ago, MorganMak said:

Do you honestly think Nicki is beautiful? Or do you just want to think so cause it makes you feel better about yourself? I really cant imagine someone thinking shes a look any girl would look up to?

There's more to women than just beauty. Doesn't matter whos pretty and who's not. Nobody ever asks if DJ khaled is more beautiful than Ed Sheeran. Please think before u say things like that

FFXIV WhiteMage
13 minutes ago, MorganMak said:

what you dont get is that you are the new police, the same kind of person who policed women for being too " easy" or "liberal", the kind of liberal hall-monitor mindset has you poised on women who are too "submissive" or classically feminine.

What you don't get is that women DON'T WANT TO BE THAT SUBMISSIVE bunch or at least at the current musical climate. They don't want to be on the sidelines and hide behind men. That's why strong women songs are a hit. It;s the women demography that supports these artists. So who we are to say that these specific artists are manipulating a certain gender role when it is the GP that decides what is flop and what is bop? The collective support that they get means many other people relates strongly to their song. 

And if by chance there comes certain women pop stars who want to bring back classical women femininity (there's already Adele and Taylor Swift so I don;t get what are you talking about) then they are free to do so. Like i don;t see why not? 

But as of the moment, it's Nicki and Doja's time to shine, not because they are stupid h*e who are ugly and not white women, BUT because they worked hard for their craft and promoted their music and the GP clicked on it. PeriodT

MorganMak
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I'm just gonna put this in here; I'm a fan of Lana since BTD so dont try this petty stuff back and forth.

Lana Del Rey's songwriting is story telling through a filter. She takes real life expiriences and then says "now how do I make this Golden Age Hollywood glamour? American Dream?". She cant be surprised that people listen to remixes about being boss bitches than they do to some imagining they're in an abusive relationship with a 60's cult leader.

Its also a tad disappointing because Lana was never a charts driven artist and shes comparing herself to artists topping the charts. I mean, she was grammy nominated for NFR and fans adored that album? 

If this her feeling some sort of way about a criticism that has been with her since day one, she waited until it was all black women topping the charts because they released new music; where was this when she debuted and her charting competition was Lady Gaga, Britney Spears or Katy Perry? Or 2012? 2015? 2017?She's making a statement that specifically targets black women releasing music even though she has nothing to release to compete against them.

And the race element cant be ignored here, there is no way it didnt cross her mind.

So before you start writing off "3rd rate pole dancers", go back and watch Gods and Monsters where she did the same thing, check her privilege, check yours and carry on.

not touching on any other part of your argument, but Lana has never been "Golden Age Hollywood Glamour". I see this issue with other young people so I think it must just be an age issue. Lana is an actual millenial. Yes she plumbs the 70s. The 70's are 40 years away from "Old Hollywood". If your fav, Lana, thinks a certain age in the media was important enough to reference, maybe you should get your references straight by at least 40 years. 

MorganMak
3 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

There's more to women than just beauty. Doesn't matter whos pretty and who's not. Nobody ever asks if DJ khaled is more beautiful than Ed Sheeran. Please think before u say things like that

ed sheeran memes are all over twitter and its not like anyone pretends hes hot?

Eggs
38 minutes ago, MorganMak said:

I would not have a sex life without bottoms, my preferences are for very feminine gay bottoms. Im saying the big pop girls benefit ALOT by becoming avatars for hungry gay boys because their lyrics and videos display a kind of sexuality that is very masculine (yes I mean gay men). Women watch it and are made to feel like its normal but in reality female sexuality doesnt work like that. Thats what im saying. Ive been a fan of Ms. Gaga since 2007 since i was watching her perform in shoe stores. 

I'm sorry but who are you to decide how female sexuality works? There is no right way to express one's femininity, and women should be free to present themselves however they like. Your thinking on gender roles is highly regressive, I'd advise you to do some reading on contemporary Gender Theory. 

TEMPLE
2 hours ago, Queen Neyde said:

idk if its an unpopular opinion but i really didnt feel what she was saying. people gave her backlash for romanticizing toxic relationships and using lyrics like "you hit me and it felt like a kiss". theres nothing similar between this and nicki, beyonce or doja singing about their punani or being eaten out lol

one of her best lyrics tbh. there's nothing romanticizing about it either. it's literally just showing that when you're in an abusive relationship, even the worst things (like violence) can still feel like love (when it's not). jesus.

Archived