💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey: "f**k off"

COOOK

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Sorry but... gay men getting into a slapfight about which girl they stan for is prettier and insulting the other one is peak misogyny.

Lana has a point about women being rewarded by society for sexualizing themselves but her also saying „what about us glamorous women who mean yes when they say no“ is extremely problematic because it is such an extreme contributor to rape culture and it shows that she really does not question whether she‘s actually like that or whether society conditioned her to be submissive.  

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MorganMak
4 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Ugh, they aren't women they are girls thinking they are being edgy by acting skanky when really they are debasing themselves for a hit. You don't see Lana saying she'll show her tits for #1. She has class and behaves like a real woman and that's feminism. 

I'm not saying they can't talk about vaginas and explicit sex acts but the lyrical content these days is vulgar for lack of a better word. 

I'm aware this makes me sound like a boomer and I don't care. 

giphy.gif

people think were some kind of dinosaurs but in reality im fine with vulgarity in small doses. It's like spice in cooking. Gaga launched to fame singing about "disco sticks" after all, right? But the thing was, at the time her persona was a kind of alien, she worked double hard to be "unrelateable" and foreign, which made those lyrics even better. 

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, MorganMak said:

people think were some kind of dinosaurs but in reality im fine with vulgarity in small doses. It's like spice in cooking. Gaga launched to fame singing about "disco sticks" after all, right? But the thing was, at the time her persona was a kind of alien, she worked double hard to be "unrelateable" and foreign, which made those lyrics even better. 

In small doses it's fine. But these days it's not small doses. They don't leave anything to the imagination. 

FFXIV WhiteMage
Just now, MorganMak said:

I didn't call her ugly I called her the embodiment of spiteful, striving aspirational gay bottoms who want to look like a caricature of feminine beauty, a blow up pool toy that attracts men. 

No, you basically implied that bottoms that does camp and drags are ugly. all the same time discriminating other spectrum of LGBT community. Isn;t the rainbow flag represents acceptance? 

Unless your a white privileged supremacist or a person who thinks that the only acceptable gay image is  being masculine. 

And what's so wrong with women being badass and bossy? When did Doja stomp on other people? Both Doja and Nicki experienced sh*te far more worse than LDR and that;'s why they are channeling those kind energy. 

MorganMak
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

In small doses it's fine. But these days it's not small doses. They don't leave anything to the imagination. 

everything is going to come back full circle. When every e-girl has an Only Fans is is showing all her bits a pieces online to all and sundry, girls who dont will come back into public favour. Anyone with a brain knows that things are only fun if theyre taboo gets this.

Princess Zelda

Not to defend Lana being weird (I don't completely disagree with some things she said but in general it was unnecessary and cringy) but that specific lyric "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" people keep giving as an example of her romanticising abusive or toxic relationship is amazing and I'm sorry you see it that way. Is it questionable and sad af? Yes, but that's what she felt in that moment. Talking about it the way she genuinely felt it is not romanticising, it's exposing a reality in her life and in many other people's.

Artists should be allowed to create on their own terms, being true to themselves and what they feel, even if it's something "bad". People love talking about celebs romanticising things and having to be role models and whatnot, and like, sure, they have a platform, they have millions of people looking at them and probably copying them, but it's ultimately not their responsability to make perfectly "appropriate" content with positive messages. They express themselves through their art, and a lot of that ain't gonna be pretty.

Drug overuse is bad too, yet it's super common to reference or talk about it in music, even when it sometimes feels like it's being glamourised. Why can't she write a song about her questionable feelings within an abusive relationship? She herself was a victim of it, obviously, so the lyrics "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" are part of that whole state of mind. And if I'm not mistaken she herself regrets that lyric/song (which is unfortunate cus Top 5 Lana songs tbh).

MorganMak
3 minutes ago, PoCHEMist said:

No, you basically implied that bottoms that does camp and drags are ugly. all the same time discriminating other spectrum of LGBT community. Isn;t the rainbow flag represents acceptance? 

Unless your a white privileged supremacist or a person who thinks that the only acceptable gay image is  being masculine. 

And what's so wrong with women being badass and bossy? When did Doja stomp on other people? Both Doja and Nicki experienced sh*te far more worse than LDR and that;'s why they are channeling those kind energy. 

I would not have a sex life without bottoms, my preferences are for very feminine gay bottoms. Im saying the big pop girls benefit ALOT by becoming avatars for hungry gay boys because their lyrics and videos display a kind of sexuality that is very masculine (yes I mean gay men). Women watch it and are made to feel like its normal but in reality female sexuality doesnt work like that. Thats what im saying. Ive been a fan of Ms. Gaga since 2007 since i was watching her perform in shoe stores. 

Varys
18 minutes ago, MorganMak said:

I didn't call her ugly I called her the embodiment of spiteful, striving aspirational gay bottoms who want to look like a caricature of feminine beauty, a blow up pool toy that attracts men. 

and what do you aspire to be? An extra in vikings :oprah:

58f3ceff5d555_ScreenShot2017-04-16at13_0

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

MorganMak
2 minutes ago, Varys said:

and what do you aspire to be? An extra in vikings :oprah:

58f3ceff5d555_ScreenShot2017-04-16at13_0

hell yeah Ill take that! 

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 minute ago, MorganMak said:

I would not have a sex life without bottoms, my preferences are for very feminine gay bottoms. Im saying the big pop girls benefit ALOT by becoming avatars for hungry gay boys because their lyrics and videos display a kind of sexuality that is very masculine (yes I mean gay men). Women watch it and are made to feel like its normal but in reality female sexuality doesnt work like that. Thats what im saying. Ive been a fan of Ms. Gaga since 2007 since i was watching her perform in shoe stores. 

The society has always instructed us that women or being feminine are all about being submissive and soft. That's why pop artists like Madonna and Gaga started to represent powerful women which was later emulated by other artists and crossed genres. 

And as you can see, Nicki and Doja are more of rap/hiphop artist (infused with subtle pop genre) hence the way they emulate "powerful" women are based on how powerful men are being portrayed in the culture they know. Of course not everyone can relate to them nor they are the standards of morality but nonetheless what they are doing is in line in what other female artist are trying to promote - women power. 

MorganMak
1 minute ago, PoCHEMist said:

The society has always instructed us that women or being feminine are all about being submissive and soft. That's why pop artists like Madonna and Gaga started to represent powerful women which was later emulated by other artists and crossed genres. 

And as you can see, Nicki and Doja are more of rap/hiphop artist (infused with subtle pop genre) hence the way they emulate "powerful" women are based on how powerful men are being portrayed in the culture they know. Of course not everyone can relate to them nor they are the standards of morality but nonetheless what they are doing is in line in what other female artist are trying to promote - women power. 

women dominate pop music and as of 2020 its mostly non white women who dominate the music we hear so I dont know why were even having this conversation. Actually I know why, its cause only one image of womanhood has been allowed.

22 minutes ago, Princess Zelda said:

Not to defend Lana being weird (I don't completely disagree with some things she said but in general it was unnecessary and cringy) but that specific lyric "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" people keep giving as an example of her romanticising abusive or toxic relationship is amazing and I'm sorry you see it that way. Is it questionable and sad af? Yes, but that's what she felt in that moment. Talking about it the way she genuinely felt it is not romanticising, it's exposing a reality in her life and in many other people's.

Artists should be allowed to create on their own terms, being true to themselves and what they feel, even if it's something "bad". People love talking about celebs romanticising things and having to be role models and whatnot, and like, sure, they have a platform, they have millions of people looking at them and probably copying them, but it's ultimately not their responsability to make perfectly "appropriate" content with positive messages. They express themselves through their art, and a lot of that ain't gonna be pretty.

Drug overuse is bad too, yet it's super common to reference or talk about it in music, even when it sometimes feels like it's being glamourised. Why can't she write a song about her questionable feelings within an abusive relationship? She herself was a victim of it, obviously, so the lyrics "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" are part of that whole state of mind. And if I'm not mistaken she herself regrets that lyric/song (which is unfortunate cus Top 5 Lana songs tbh).

I think there's nothing wrong with an artist expressing their emotions and traumatic experiences through their art but there's a difference here. She does glamorizes it, she puts a beautiful filter with strong aesthetics and images that basically sells a lifestyle. She's literally selling a lifestyle. And that point gets proven once she's bothered that people criticize her art for glamorizing abuse. After all if she wanted to start a discussion about abuse and power dynamics between genders she would encourage those discussions and not try to silence them.

I'm a huge Lana fan, Ultraviolence is one of my favorite albums but I understand very well that the lyrics on that album are deeply disturbing and they're not supposed to be taken as a beautiful tragic love story. Because it's not a love story, it's a horror story. And she's basically saying that she wants us to see it as a love story.

Also, I feel like she lost a lot of her integrity as an artist with that post. Why is she chasing people's approval so hard? Is she seeking a #1? No one is keeping her from writing about her abusive relationships, she's acting like people are literally trying to silence her. And that's not the case.

MorganMak
6 minutes ago, PoCHEMist said:

"started"? that happened 30 years go. Literally the top song in the world right now is a "girlboss" song about being a "savage". What are you fighting against? Its 2020. 

Musicisfreedom
1 hour ago, MorganMak said:

this is 2020 where women who dont shout and stomp and sing about being "bad bitches" who act like dogs in heat demanding sex get dragged for being actual feminine women, they just hate her cause shes beautiful, noone will remember Nicki or Dojas face, they will remember Lana

Yikes. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived