FentyGa

she’s such a mess i can’t

everyone got what she was saying, it was just offensive and nonsensical 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue
2 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Wanna add that I live in Europe not America, but she’s non existent here. Sad but true. Many people DO NOT even know her name at all, she’s not being played on the radio, doesn’t tour outside of the US (as far as I know) and is not present in any other way. My comment was based on the comment the user I quoted made, he said that the people will “remember Lana and forget Nicki/Doja”... And - 💀

That will not be the fact in Europe and neither in the US or anywhere else in the world.

Lana literally sells out arenas in the UK/Europe girl... she has toured outside the US & still does but now usually just the festival circuit. Like I said, just because something isn’t relevant in your reality doesn’t mean it’s that way across the board.

Morphine Prince

The funny thing is she did this to herself. I honestly don’t care enough to have an opinion on this. 

Gagi
7 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Lana literally sells out arenas in the UK/Europe girl... she has toured outside the US & still does but now usually just the festival circuit. Like I said, just because something isn’t relevant in your reality doesn’t mean it’s that way across the board.

Babygirl I said it before, I listen to Lana regularly and when I play it in the car with friends or connect a Bluetooth speaker and a song of her comes on, people act like it’s all new and ask who the artist is. When I tell them it’s Lana Del Rey it does not ring a bell :toofunny:

My best friend said she’s the new Billie Eilish. :lmao: She’s not known, just not. Maybe if I play Summertime Sadness they remember they heard the song in like 2012.

“just because something isn’t relevant in your reality doesn’t mean it’s that way across the board” literally applies to you too. I doubt you really asked EVERY SINGLE PERSON on your university if they know Lana. You’d might be surprised that not even half of them know her. Unless your university got like 20 students I call it bs

Skabi
26 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

So she’s just not supposed to sing about her experience in life & relationships? The fact that y’all to this day continue to project your own drama onto Lana’s lyrics by saying it’s “romanticizing” abuse is annoying af. She’s literally singing about her experiences, it’s her truth. Y’all claim to be feminists & say “support all women” “her story” etc. but when a woman shares her story you wanna tear her down & claim some absurdity. Like just stop already. At least Lana is singing about something deep rather than conforming to the male image of what a woman is which is more than I can say for some of the people she mentioned in her statement.

1st of all relax and take a breath honey. second of all isnt she glamorizing death and suicide when she's literally being pictured dead in almost all her videos of the 1st album? isnt she glamorizing being mistreated in her songs and videos? second of all, she is free to do what she likes and live her truth, that doesnt mean i cant comment on it neither does it say im not a feminist. PLUS since when is women owning THEIR bodies and singing about how good they look a males point of view? are u kidding me? tf is wrong with lana stans

Bobbylon
32 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Stop @ ing me!

Coke is one hell of a drug. :enigma: I got no idea where Lana got compared to an animal, unless you mean Nicki what would be hella disgusting. Neither do I know when I claimed to be a feminist, but keep talking to yourself not me :heart:

Okay I will stop talking to you, but to make everything clear press on lana’s post the arrow and look at that kitten. That’s the animal I was talking about

Lona Delery
37 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Wanna add that I live in Europe not America, but she’s non existent here. Sad but true. Many people DO NOT even know her name at all, she’s not being played on the radio, doesn’t tour outside of the US (as far as I know) and is not present in any other way. My comment was based on the comment the user I quoted made, he said that the people will “remember Lana and forget Nicki/Doja”... And - 💀

That will not be the fact in Europe and neither in the US or anywhere else in the world.

Europe is literally Lana's most succesful market, ever since her debut she has been bigger here than the states sis

Besides, she has been to Europe every year since 2012 apart from 2015 if I recall correctly. I go to at least one Lana show per year, and with the exception of 2020 with her cancelling and now corona it was always possible

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

ICouldntThinkOfOne
29 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Being honest about toxic relationships isn’t being a “willing victim” 😬 second, tearing a woman down for sharing her individual experience with relationships is not feminism. I’m all for gender equality but there’s a difference being for gender equality & calling yourself a feminist because what feminism means nowadays which is shaming women & men for not supporting one specific ideal of a woman being a powerful in charge beast. Sorry but not all women need to be that, Lana certainly isn’t. Third, sharing your experiences doesn’t mean you’re “glorifying” abuse. Is she just not supposed to talk about her past & what’s she’s been through? Like pls

Gonna dissect this.

Being honest? How is her writing honest? If anything her writing is like the Marry The Night video; she chooses to show us a version that is how she wants to recall it. She didnt date suicidal cult leaders, serial killers etc. and she's not a lolita sociopath either.  Her songs are very interesting reimaginings but they're not incredible honest portrayals. They're art pieces.

There's no denying she glorifies violence or abusive relationships its all part of the shtick. Atleast half of her music is about being the hopeless victim, being the other woman or being scared of not being beautiful for her dangerous man.

Her songs are based on a time when women were fighting for rights, and she actively said she wasnt a feminist.

If you have to refine what feminism is, look at yourself first.

In the end, lana isnt being shamed for being abused, she targeted other performers, and in particular women of colour, who have either went through struggles in live to get where they are or immense public trauma and controversy. She cant justify it by saying "I'm glamorous and I'm a target of controversy".

She also compared herself to artists releasing music in the past two weeks. Her last album was out months ago and got praised.

She made the statement, she doesnt get to control the response which is deserved.

DiskoBaby
4 hours ago, MorganMak said:

If I really was into "pretty white submissive good girls" as you think I am, I'd be on a different website and probably be paying 9.99 a month. I'm a die-hard gaga fan. Were not even talking about Ms. Gaga here. Were talking about why only one brand of sexuality is allowed for women in 2020 (aggressive, hostile, masculine) and not Lana's brand of honest femininity. 

Because... Feminism

Gagi
43 minutes ago, Bobbylon said:

Okay I will stop talking to you, but to make everything clear press on lana’s post the arrow and look at that kitten. That’s the animal I was talking about

Ugh, I haven’t even seen that before. The cat was not part of the comparison, thank you for clearing it up though!

Bobbylon
Just now, Gagi said:

Ugh, I haven’t even seen that before. The cat was not part of the comparison, thank you for clearing it up though!

Sorry for attacking you. We both saw the comparison differently 🙏🏼

Gagi
32 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

Europe is literally Lana's most succesful market, ever since her debut she has been bigger here than the states sis

Besides, she has been to Europe every year since 2012 apart from 2015 if I recall correctly. I go to at least one Lana show per year, and with the exception of 2020 with her cancelling and now corona it was always possible

Strange that I’ve never seen advertisements for her tour.
I’m sure she has fans in Europe too, all in all she’s successful I don’t wanna deny that. 

And of course I’m only able to tell you what my experience is, I don’t know about other countries. Would I say she’s more known/will be remembered by more people than Nicki? Still definitely not, but I did my research and she actually seems to be kinda successful (and I don’t mean that in a bad way) when you compare it to singers in her genre. I forgot that she’s not a pop star and for that can’t appear as big as Ariana Grande for example 

Reginald
5 hours ago, MorganMak said:

, noone will remember Nicki or Dojas face, they will remember Lana

I'm a *very casual * fan of all of these artists and this is just delulu sis :ladyhaha:  Lana has had one legitimate chart hit in her whole career. I still like her, but imagining she's more known than Nicki, Queen of Hundreds Of Features, is really a reach 

Edit: okay this thread is a mess :popcorn: wow 

Midnight Summer

One of these days, we're gonna have a nice long talk about the rampant racism on this forum.

How can someone who holds such racist and misogynistic views be a fan of Gaga? She's literally the embodiment of everything some of you fools claim to hate. Gaga has never been a representation of classical feminine beauty, she has several songs that are so explicit that they can't even be played on the radio and she has several music videos, photoshoots and live performance with heavy sexual content. Gaga has never been a champion of conventional beauty or femininity and has always advocated for freedom of sexual expression in music.

I swear, ever since Joanne and ASIB came out, some of you have completely forgotten who you stan.

27monster27
9 hours ago, Queen Neyde said:

idk if its an unpopular opinion but i really didnt feel what she was saying. people gave her backlash for romanticizing toxic relationships and using lyrics like "you hit me and it felt like a kiss". theres nothing similar between this and nicki, beyonce or doja singing about their punani or being eaten out lol

It sounds like she was referring to herself being in an abusive relationship, but being blindsided by love. It happens a lot.

he/him/his

Archived