💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey: "f**k off"

COOOK

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Your comment about them not being women but just girls that are trying to be edgy just rubbed me off the wrong way, I guess. I mean, how is singing about sex or being confident about your body and sexuality makes one less of a woman? I get it that the way they present themselves and their songs isn't your cup of tea (it's not my cup of tea either), but it just feels off putting women in a box. Humans act differently.

It was a little bit catty of me I'll admit. 

I think women should be able to be themselves and flaunt what they've got if they want to but there should be a limit and there's no limit these days. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bobbylon

Wow how pressed you are. Take out one weird pic of her and compare it to photoshoped botox queen pic in a photoshoot. I love nicki, but you doing this is way worse than ANY word Lana ever said. You are not a feminist and don’t claim to be one. :madge:

2 hours ago, Gagi said:

vs

maybe that’s just me though 

Emvee
3 hours ago, MorganMak said:

ok so what do you have to say? who are you defending? the dragging of women who dont act like vulgar dom tops?

This is so cringey :toofunny:

2020 is the year we revert back to shaming women’s sexualities and deluding ourselves into thinking women are just dainty little creatures that live for their men?

I don’t think so. 

Gagi
31 minutes ago, Bobbylon said:

Wow how pressed you are. Take out one weird pic of her and compare it to photoshoped botox queen pic in a photoshoot. I love nicki, but you doing this is way worse than ANY word Lana ever said. You are not a feminist and don’t claim to be one. :madge:

:ladyhaha: 

yet you downgrade Nicki and call her the photoshopped botox queen, okay feminist!

Wolf Boy
3 hours ago, Gagi said:

vs

maybe that’s just me though 

LOL guuurl that pic of Lana is beyond edited to make her look literally like The Elephant Man. 

And that pic of Nicki ain’t real either lol, she is under a ton of make up and photo editing lol

Bobbylon
2 minutes ago, Gagi said:

:ladyhaha: 

yet you downgrade Nicki and call her the photoshopped botox queen, okay feminist!

you are the one comparing nicki to a post That refers  lana’s outtake to some disgusting animal. Okay, feminist! 

Gagi
6 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

LOL guuurl that pic of Lana is beyond edited to make her look literally like The Elephant Man. 

And that pic of Nicki ain’t real either lol, she is under a ton of make up and photo editing lol

I find Lana really pretty actually, I was kidding with that comparison. :huntyga: it was getting on my nerves how that user I quoted with that pics, was saying how ugly Nicki was and how Lana is a beauty goddess. They’re both stunning 

beaublue
4 hours ago, Queen Neyde said:

idk if its an unpopular opinion but i really didnt feel what she was saying. people gave her backlash for romanticizing toxic relationships and using lyrics like "you hit me and it felt like a kiss". theres nothing similar between this and nicki, beyonce or doja singing about their punani or being eaten out lol

So she’s just not supposed to sing about her experience in life & relationships? The fact that y’all to this day continue to project your own drama onto Lana’s lyrics by saying it’s “romanticizing” abuse is annoying af. She’s literally singing about her experiences, it’s her truth. Y’all claim to be feminists & say “support all women” “her story” etc. but when a woman shares her story you wanna tear her down & claim some absurdity. Like just stop already. At least Lana is singing about something deep rather than conforming to the male image of what a woman is which is more than I can say for some of the people she mentioned in her statement.

Gagi
4 minutes ago, Bobbylon said:

you are the one comparing nicki to a post That refers  lana’s outtake to some disgusting animal. Okay, feminist! 

Stop @ ing me!

Coke is one hell of a drug. :enigma: I got no idea where Lana got compared to an animal, unless you mean Nicki what would be hella disgusting. Neither do I know when I claimed to be a feminist, but keep talking to yourself not me :heart:

beaublue
3 hours ago, Gagi said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Lana is a has been already, like she’s forgotten. 

I actually listen to her music but the GP doesn’t know what a Lana Del Rey is besides the Summertime Sadness remix that came out many years ago. They’ll remember Nicki & Doja 

A literal joke. If you honestly think Lana is a “has been” then you seriously need to broaden your horizons & get out into the world. Literally every single person I go to university with, straight, gay, lesbian, etc. listen to & know of Lana. She has a huuuge fan base, NFR is literally all people talked about when it was released.

Gagi
1 minute ago, lovedillon said:

A literal joke. If you honestly think Lana is a “has been” then you seriously need to broaden your horizons & get out into the world. Literally every single person I go to university with, straight, gay, lesbian, etc. listen to & know of Lana. She has a huuuge fan base, NFR is literally all people talked about when it was released.

Wanna add that I live in Europe not America, but she’s non existent here. Sad but true. Many people DO NOT even know her name at all, she’s not being played on the radio, doesn’t tour outside of the US (as far as I know) and is not present in any other way. My comment was based on the comment the user I quoted made, he said that the people will “remember Lana and forget Nicki/Doja”... And - 💀

That will not be the fact in Europe and neither in the US or anywhere else in the world.

Princess Zelda
2 hours ago, Brecht said:

I think there's nothing wrong with an artist expressing their emotions and traumatic experiences through their art but there's a difference here. She does glamorizes it, she puts a beautiful filter with strong aesthetics and images that basically sells a lifestyle. She's literally selling a lifestyle. And that point gets proven once she's bothered that people criticize her art for glamorizing abuse. After all if she wanted to start a discussion about abuse and power dynamics between genders she would encourage those discussions and not try to silence them.

I'm a huge Lana fan, Ultraviolence is one of my favorite albums but I understand very well that the lyrics on that album are deeply disturbing and they're not supposed to be taken as a beautiful tragic love story. Because it's not a love story, it's a horror story. And she's basically saying that she wants us to see it as a love story.

Also, I feel like she lost a lot of her integrity as an artist with that post. Why is she chasing people's approval so hard? Is she seeking a #1? No one is keeping her from writing about her abusive relationships, she's acting like people are literally trying to silence her. And that's not the case.

Yes, but that's still possibly how she felt. She was probably glamourising that in her personal life and that's why she created that song (and others) which she now regrets. Doesn't mean she's purposely selling that to people. Is it wrong? Yes, but that's her life and her art. I'm not going to defend her on getting triggered in that weird post, but she's still a flawed human being like everyone else. I think she's bothered that people criticise her art because she never actively wanted to glamourise abuse or for others to do it. And it's also pretty reductive to say that all or most of her songs are that (not saying you said that or anything tho). 

And I completely agree. They're disturbing but I think she presented them as a love story because she herself was seeing it that way. Again, she's been a victim in this and it's not hard to imagine that a woman in an abusive relationship may be unaware of just how wrong that is, or even thinks that's how she likes love to be, or maybe is somehow punishing herself. Idk, there are many possible factors. 

I also find it so annoying how we blame all these artists for what they do and how they influence people when we ourselves should be the ones to act as a filter and determine whether we want someone's influence or not. Yes, kids and teens exist, but why should they be basically everybody's responsibility and not their own parents, who decided to have them? :toofunny: 

I do wonder that, too. Like I was surprised to find out she even cares about getting a #1. That post was definitely very unnecessary. But again, I don't think everything she said is automatically wrong, it's just not important enough (in her case) to bring up. 

beaublue
3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Theres a huge difference between Beyonce or Nicki singing/rapping about being bosses, being in control, having power, being sexually confident etc. Or Cardi B rapping about being a pole dancer to make money, and Lana Del Rey singing about being a willing victim, being abused but being happy about it etc simply for aesthetic value.

She does glorify abusive relationships, and has said she wasnt a feminist.

It's not about relevancy, but lets be real here, Doja is a new act and Nicki has been on the scene for 11 years, and it's definitely not about beauty.

Being honest about toxic relationships isn’t being a “willing victim” 😬 second, tearing a woman down for sharing her individual experience with relationships is not feminism. I’m all for gender equality but there’s a difference being for gender equality & calling yourself a feminist because what feminism means nowadays which is shaming women & men for not supporting one specific ideal of a woman being a powerful in charge beast. Sorry but not all women need to be that, Lana certainly isn’t. Third, sharing your experiences doesn’t mean you’re “glorifying” abuse. Is she just not supposed to talk about her past & what’s she’s been through? Like pls

Archived