MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

news

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT IV

Featured Posts

Sour Candy
On 7/2/2020 at 3:08 PM, monketsharona said:

In Fall Chromatica will be six feet under. Unless she releases a new EP with brand new tracks. Even artists much more successful than Gaga are not sticking to their era for months (and this with heavy promo). That's mainly while Billie released Everything I Wanted instead of just picking another single from her already smashing album.

Anyone wishing for her to last one year with the material she already released on Chromatica is still living in 2011 during BTW era. 

It's just funny Lady Gaga is the only one artist that can't promote anything from home while some far smaller artists are actually managing to release some cool stuff (performances, livestreams, remixes, music videos, photoshoots) while being in the middle of crises. 

Let's just admit she just doesn't want to promote anything, that's all. 

the smartest comment that I've seen here for weeks 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No
  • YAAAS 1
  • Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hybrid AT

• Dramatica

• Twitter

• NoahSuns

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Class of 2020 - ACT III I've lost track of time and I can barely remember my own username but here you are  https://i.ibb.co/cyysDnB/ACT3.png  

I can't believe we're in the final day It's been 84 years and we're finally experiencing a new era together, so I thought I'd make this to celebrate. I love this forum and this thread especia

Sour Candy
3 hours ago, Chromatography said:

i thought the EP was fake?

Not fake, but fans' thoughts, because Bloodpop mentioned during an interview about the album that Sophie produced a few tracks for Chromatica and they'll be released later. EIther it is a new EP or super deluxe. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No
Daylight Jokers

I feel like the best way to restart the era is for her to release a music video for SC. That alone is huge promo already and the Blinks deserve a music video anyway cuz they streamed tf outta that song.

Edited by Daylight Jokers
  • Like 2
Genuine Guy 09

I think it's either:

- the current situation completely halts all her promo ideas and MV shooting because of the restrictions and logistics

- She just isn't ready to re start and wants the world to get better with Corona and the BLM situation 

Personally I expect Chromatica to get at least 1 more single. We also know she has other MVs shot, so then to be released.

I think SC will get a MV (not sure when they've shot it) and to be released as a global single in August, alongside FW as a promo single to restart Chromatica with strong visuals 

And maybe she'll perform at VMA. Other than that, I don't expect anything anytime soon unfortunately. But I think she should maybe drop the MVs end of July if there's no ROM promotion - Chromatica is a summery album

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight
PropaGaga
On 7/2/2020 at 9:33 AM, monketsharona said:

Apart the tour, Madonna's Madame X is an obvious flop. She has no hit and it had mixed reviews and underperfomring sales. That album didn't last one month in terms of public attention. And it had like zero chance to get some Grammy Awards nods.

No shade to Madonna, because I absolutely love her and I had the chance to attend her Madame X tour (which was stunning). But it's not necessarily a good thing for Chromatica to get Madame X treatment in terms of promo which led nowhere (apart getting music videos). 

If Interscope had to bring a promo plan to Chromatica they'll definitely bring something similiar that Billie Eilish promo schedule, asking Gaga to record new music to bring a new life to the album. That's actually what BloodPop teased in a recent interview. 

Edit : Nick Knight confirmed his work with Gaga is not linked to Chromatica. 

I admit I skipped over most of this as soon as the word “flop” was thrown around. As a longtime Madonna fan, Madame X is up there with one of her best in terms of pure content. And considering how starved of content we’ve been with Gaga eras post-Born This Way, I think any fan here and elsewhere would love if Chromatica got the Madame X treatment: 6 great music videos, a documentary exploring the album’s themes and influences, a (upcoming) concert film and remixes galore? We’re a year out and we’re still getting material. As a fan and consumer that’s everything I could want from my fave, numbers be damned. So absolutely sign me up. Gaga is already well off when it comes to public and critical reception for the album. Anything extra, even if it’s just fan service, only helps boost her profile.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Genuine Guy 09
3 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

I admit I skipped over most of this as soon as the word “flop”

I don't think she was being that way girl - but didn't the album fail to set the charts a light in like.. Quite a serious way :enigma:

OT:-

This has been my top 3 for quite a while now so maybe I've finally found my top 3. So much different from my original first 3 listens:

Rain On Me - Sour Candy - Fun Tonight

Edited by Genuine Guy 09
Miel
16 minutes ago, Steven said:

I don’t listen to Chromatica as much as I used to. Am I the only one? 

Same here.

But, I don't necessarily blame Gaga's lack of promo or relative silence (honestly, I get it). It's just not my favorite album of hers!

But I definitely go back to ENIGMA a lot. Fantastic song.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
PropaGaga
Just now, Genuine Guy 09 said:

I don't think she was being that way girl - but didn't the album fail to set the charts a light in like.. Quite a serious way :enigma:

I genuinely wouldn’t know, and I don’t really care. Madonna’s strength has been in touring for quite a while, which is why she was one of the first to move over to that format 8 years before the rest of the music industry. But aside from that, I don’t find excitement in numbers or chart stats. The stuff that sticks with me is the content I got from each era, not whether a song was a smash or not.

Genuine Guy 09
6 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

The stuff that sticks with me is the content I got from each era, not whether a song was a smash or not.

Yeah I get it - but basically when people say flop it doesn't always mean that the content was bad, just that it wasn't commercially successful. I was just trying to explain it haha :)

• Like 1
Agunimon
1 hour ago, Steven said:

No. I listen to it every two or so days.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
xoxo Craig
5 hours ago, Steven said:

I don't want to overplay it, so I've been trying to get into more music that a similar genre, and when promo starts again, I'll probably be listening to much more again :vegas:  its been my most played album for over 3 weeks now 

End Racism Now
  • Like 1
SHALLOW
5 hours ago, Steven said:

I’m probably weird since i don’t even like the album that much but i play it every single day start to finish :huntyga: tho i can see myself not wanting to play it ever again in a month if Gaga doesn’t do promo

• Like 1
  • FATCAT locked this topic
  • FATCAT unlocked this topic