💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana defends herself on IG

Featured Posts

ARTGOD

Even if you ignore the racial connotations of her original post, it still sounds entitled and gives an “old man yells at cloud” energy.

What point was she trying to make? That she has been unfairly criticized?  Well, so have all those women, and some of them have been dragged way harder than she ever has, so bringing them up as an example of “being allowed” to have success while she isn’t doesn’t make any sense.

She has also stopped being criticized looooong ago, she’s been a critical darling for longer than she was ever disliked.

Like, what happened that made her want to write this? Did she read an old Born To Die review that made her mad?

Does she really think she’s been criticized more or harder than all of those women? That is so disconnected from reality, like girl, get a grip.

EDIT: 

And look at the general reaction of people, it’s been disappointment and attempts at educating her or harmless jokes, there aren’t that many people actually calling for her cancellation with pitchforks or something, which shows how much goodwill she has, if she was genuinely disliked the reaction would be far more negative.

That’s what’s so baffling, like everything in her career is going so well, she’s liked more than ever, so why choose to make such a pointless and bitter post?.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
7 minutes ago, weed said:

"sure I basically only mentioned women of color who are successful and I said they only sing about sex and sl*tty things unlike me and my underrated intellectual poetry, but don't u DARE call me racist"  :air:

I don't think she's racist but she should've left the names out

She never said that they only sing about sex, she brought up that they had success with a specific song about sex. Go back and read what she originally said. And her point is that she sings about sex and relationships in the same way they do but she gets criticised and they don't. People are doing mind contortions to see what they're seeing.

9 minutes ago, mxnster said:

I didn't like NFR because I felt like it was too commercial compared to her previous albums.

A song like The Greatest is very very far from commercial

auburn

I see people are willing to create **** out of thin air because they don't like Lana. One thing about cancel culture is that people never do it to someone that they like. Every once in a while people rally around a celebrity to tear them down and claim they're better than them because they don't think like that just to show how woke they are. 

It's so funny because if you think this actually helps anyone become educated, you're wrong. If Lana is truly racist, this witch hunt doesn't change her. Of course, people on social media never go after the REAL problem and do any ACTUAL activism. They just want to type away at a computer and expect points for being woke and unproblematic while tearing people down out of nowhere. I hope after this is over in a couple of days when you all forget about it after you got your woke points out of this, that maybe you'll take up some reading comprehension lessons.

Also, what is it with people defending millionaires and depicting the people Lana mentioned as victims. They are multi-millionaire artists that are probably sitting in their mansions unphased by all of this while most of you go on your online witch hunt on your iphone 6 and crusty androids. None of those that were mentioned ate victims anymore, and they are certainly not victims of Lana Del Rey ffs. 

Tiny Purse

Has azealea banks responded? I saw some screenshots from her twitter but idk if they are real, and her twitter is private. 

holy scheisse
5 minutes ago, weed said:

EYi7BHvXYAcifEe?format=jpg&name=900x900

How I feel^ & They're not singing "he hit me and it felt like a kiss," so makes sense to me that they wouldn't be dragged for glamorizing abuse. 

I understand everything yall are seeing lol but I truly don't believe she intended for the message to come across the way it did, and I think the fact everybody is clinging to the women of color singing about those.topics piece so much, without failing to realize she brought them up to say that she too sings about the same topics, is the reason why there's so much outrage. It's so easy to paint her as the aloof, entitled, rich white lady and that's how it's gonna go down lmao but I see what she meant to say anddd I see why you find it offensive too.

Lion Heart

Queen Lana not backing down :applause:

Cancel #cancelculture 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

DavidLuis198

The only way talking about that now makes sense to me is if she on purpose changed the way she wrote songs to stop criticism from others (since Lust For Life she had less "problematic" songs) and now is fed up with this and will continue to write as she want. But even that don't really make a lot of sense

I don't know how to write in english

Babel

the way SJW are pretending to ignore the fact that Ariana is mentioned also and she is WHITE :ladyhaha:

LOVE JUNKIE

It's hard not to feel like there were shades of oblivious privilege in her original statement. She made some good points and I think she has done a lot for music :vegas: but bro....

Spoiler

also never forget Khia singing "My neck, my back lick my *** and my crack" walked so Lana singing "My *** tastes like Pepsi-Cola" could run

on a three day bender

River

oh Lana, I love you, but your damage control is always bad :smh:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

4 minutes ago, auburn said:

Also, what is it with people defending millionaires and depicting the people Lana mentioned as victims. They are multi-millionaire artists that are probably sitting in their mansions unphased by all of this while most of you go on your online witch hunt on your iphone 6 and crusty androids. None of those that were mentioned ate victims anymore, and they are certainly not victims of Lana Del Rey ffs. 

The cult of celebrity.. Each celebrity is a totem representating a certain group/part of the population, if you hate Beyoncé you hate black women, if you mention Cardi B etc as a white woman, you are a racist, because you represent all white women in America, and therefore in those SJW's minds, they think they have to jump and defend those minorities that are represented thru celebrities, when in fact they are just obsessed with celebrities, not real life. They must definitely feel a rush of dopamine when they write these paragraphs, using fancy words, talking about the history of racism, the history of women in society and relate all of it to one celebrity's 8 defining sentences posted on social media that will forever determine the celebrity's personal beliefs. These people have never spoken about anything else, are either underage, or feel so much pain, anger about their own lives and own struggles that they feel the need to be the hero, for once in their lives 

weed
4 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I understand everything yall are seeing lol but I truly don't believe she intended for the message to come across the way it did, and I think the fact everybody is clinging to the women of color singing about those.topics piece so much, without failing to realize she brought them up to say that she too sings about the same topics, is the reason why there's so much outrage. It's so easy to paint her as the aloof, entitled, rich white lady and that's how it's gonna go down lmao but I see what she meant to say anddd I see why you find it offensive too.

Yeah I don't think she's a horrible person, I feel like she has embraced art by POC since the beginning of her career (i.e. A$AP Rocky playing JFK in National Anthem), but the way she worded it is just.. very unfortunate lmao and then trying to discount people's reactions on top of that, her message could have been delivered much more successfully. 

DiskoBaby

Blah blah blah you're all gonna get over it tomorrow. The outrage machine will run its course and people will talk about Gaga and Ariana's new song and not care about this anymore. 

ice bear
2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

The cult of celebrity.. Each celebrity is a totem representating a certain group/part of the population, if you hate Beyoncé you hate black women, if you mention Cardi B etc as a white woman, you are a racist, because you represent all white women in America, and therefore in those SJW's minds, they think they have to jump and defend those minorities that are represented thru celebrities, when in fact they are just obsessed with celebrities, not real life. They must definitely feel a rush of dopamine when they write these paragraphs, using fancy words, talking about the history of racism, the history of women in society and relate all of it to one celebrity's 8 defining sentences posted on social media that will forever determine the celebrity's personal beliefs. These people have never spoken about anything else, are either underage, or feel so much pain, anger about their own lives and own struggles that they feel the need to be the hero, for once in their lives 

Kanye ur not meant to be this cohesive:saladga:

where was all this eloquence in the most recent albums?:rip:

ice heard one side from above

Archived