💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana defends herself on IG

Featured Posts

RahrahWitch
25 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I thought it was pretty clear from her first post what she meant... I really dom't understand how this has become such a big thing:poot: kind of irritating that everyone is just choosing to not understand what she meant.

I think it was worded poorly but even still It's pretty obvious she's not bashing anyone.

She's calling out the fact that the most widely accepted music from female artists tend to be a lot of the time sexually charged which is true but when she makes music about an abusive relationship she's labelled as a non-feminist setting back the movement 100 years.

People are putting words in her mouth desperately trying to tear her down for no reason.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

Honestly. I see where she's coming from. Lana del Rey was chastised as an immoral person for the themes in her music. She used to explore the same themes she called out in her peers (****ing (effed my way up to the top), cheating (the other woman), being sexy(Lolita etc), unhealthy relationships (ultraviolence), etc) and people labeled her as this unhealthy, depressing, neurotic woman. People never took her seriously until 5 albums into her career. People loved. beyonces lemonade, cardi/kehlanis ring, Ariana's break up w ur gf, etc... But for Lana it was always something negative. Even on this site, people stereotype her as depressing mentally unhealthy etc when truly her musics not all depressing at all... Idk I'm trying to really imagine being in her shoes while rereading her first post. Idk what motivated it tho

Archduchess
2 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

I think it was worded poorly but even still It's pretty obvious she's not bashing anyone.

She's calling out the fact that the most widely accepted music from female artists tend to be a lot of the time sexually charged which is true but when she makes music about an abusive relationship she's labelled as a non-feminist setting back the movement 100 years.

People are putting words in her mouth desperately trying to tear her down for no reason.

You're so right

weed

"sure I basically only mentioned women of color who are successful and I said they only sing about sex and sl*tty things unlike me and my underrated intellectual poetry, but don't u DARE call me racist"  :air:

I don't think she's racist but she should've left the names out

ice bear
2 minutes ago, SpamMusubi said:

Okay, but this person's comment on her previous statement is actually pretty funny:selena:

i relate :bradley:

i can't with y'all

go pick on the bts army you brave people :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

ice heard one side from above

darkchylde

"can i please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying that I'm glamorizing abuse????"

literally no one stopped you the fist 20 times you did so what's doing so now? you made a career out of glorifying certain relationships and issues WHAT is so different now

freebit

I have no sympathy for her, she created this mess on her own, lol. No one gets mad about her sexy baby stuff anymore, the critics were up her ass with NFR, so I don't even know why she brought this up now. She's doing fine. (or was)

Also I find it funny she always goes on about how ~delicate she is when she's got a mean streak. 

And I don't buy that those are her favorite singers. It's more likely she's trying to save face.

MANiCURE 6

Am I the only one who think that nobody cares about what she's releasing ? :laughga:

I mean... People like her style, like her music and I heard no one complaining about it. Stop acting like a victim :neyde:

StrawberryBlond

Yes, I'm so glad she clarified this as I feared she was maybe just going to sit back and not engage in back and forth and people would smugly go away thinking they're right about her. It's 100% clear to me what she meant with her original post and she in no way criticised the women she mentioned, they were just reference points. People need to stop seeing what they want to see and pay attention to what's actually being said.

28 minutes ago, Allan said:

Defending herself from something she created. She could've worded whatever she want us to think she meant to say in many ways and yet chose the most problematic one :awkney:

Hindsight is 20/20. And not everyone is aware when they write something how it's going to be perceived. We underestimate how sensitive people are today and how they're determined to find sinister undertones in just about anything. That's their problem, not hers.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Doesn't even acknowledge the racial implications, or the fact that she said they sing about "****ing, cheating, etc."

Sis.......:saladga:

She did. She brought up the WOC issue and being called racist, why can't you see that? Seeing as the last thread got deleted before she could see my response, I said that she didn't say anything about how they "only" sing about these topics, which is what you were claiming. She simply said that these women have had hits with songs about these topics in particular and got praised for them, but she got criticised for making songs with the same topics. That's it. If you read what you said again, she never said anything about that's the only stuff they sing about. And in response to what you asked about why she didn't say it when Dua and Billie were ruling the charts - Dua's never had a US #1, Billie doesn't sing about sex and she partly made this post to be a promotional piece of her upcoming album, which wasn't ready to be announced at an earlier date. Obviously.

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, weed said:

"sure I basically only mentioned women of color who are successful and I said they only sing about sex and sl*tty things unlike me and my underrated intellectual poetry, but don't u DARE call me racist"  :air:

I don't think she's racist but she should've left the names out

No, she didn't. Ugh

She is alluding to the fact that these women are singing about these topics and selling, while she has explored the same topics for her whole career and people criticized it for being antifeminist, "glamorizing abuse", a bad example of a modern woman, etc.

lmao the f*cking attitude that i see from a select few of you.. its so f*cking ugly and disgusting.

we get it. you don't f*cking like lana. get a grip and move on.

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, mxnster said:

lmao the f*cking attitude that i see from a select few of you.. its so f*cking ugly and disgusting.

we get it. you don't f*cking like lana. get a grip and move on.

This thread makes me sooo sad...reading all these horrible comments about her. I literally feel like ill lol

She's just a soul who's intentions are good :messga:

IShouldBeSad

Literally nothing she said was wrong. In another note there was nothing wrong with what she said. 

Not all of her music is depressing. Her songs tell stories. She was literally a light in the darkness of my depression for a long time. nfr is my favorite record. 

Why does everyone have to make this a damn race issue? THEY ALL SING ABOUT SLUTTY THINGS.

SO DOES LANA.

She's asking to be able to make her own music without being torn down for it like all of yall are literally doing when none of the others are.

Remember when the Cardi b scandal dropped and yall were cancelling her? Nd now she's being defended over something that wasn't offensive in the first place.

People are really twisted creatures and cancel culture over nothing proved that.

Stay pressed and jealous of her success. 

:ohwell:

DavidLuis198
13 minutes ago, IShouldBeSad said:

Cuz they do sing about ****ing and cheating lmao. Have you not heard any of beyonce or cardis music? Literally partition is all about ****ing.

yeah, but they are also criticized by doing that, it's not only Lana.

This article summed it up:

"The optics of Lana, a white woman, complaining about feminism lacking space for her while critiquing the acclaim allotted to several black pop artists is mortifying. It looks especially foolish when considering the fact that the women Lana namedropped—especially the black women—have never been immune to critique regarding the sexual content of their music or the personas they have taken on in the pop space. It was nearly impossible to be online from 2013 to 2016 without encountering reductive discourse regarding whether Beyoncé’s sexuality, her wealth, her continued dedication to her cheating husband, etc., exempted her from the feminist title. Lana’s post reads like someone who has been under a rock for the last decade, or someone so wrapped up in their own critique that they’re left clueless about the criticism lobbed at their peers."

https://themuse.jezebel.com/lana-del-rey-could-have-left-this-one-in-the-drafts-1843586630

I don't know how to write in english

Archived