Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana defends herself on IG

Featured Posts

Archduchess

Ok, I just read her previous declaration (that created the entire polemic) on wanting to write the things she wants etc etc, abuse, woman, etc...

I'm not a woman. But I'm an artist, I'm a writer. The thing that upsets me a lot in todays mass culture scrutine is the need, the urge, to think, act, and create the same way mainstream mass do. Lana was only cool for mainstream when she wasn't speaking her own thoughts, when ppl thought she was just a character. It happens all the time. Artists are supported because they "seem" to fit the mainstrem mass model and then suddenly they become the devil in those ppls minds only because they're different. 

I don't mean that she is right or wrong, I don't even care (In my opinion gender equality is a public/governamental/social problem, and Lana is not a politician) is just that shes a person, shes an artist, she doesn't need to be a product like Doritos that, in order to sell, must please everybody.

The problem is taking art when it don't need to be taken seriusly, and not taking serious when it needs.

Again, I'm not saying that her point of view on the subject is right or wrong, is just that to say that she's glamorizin abuse is the same as saying that Liev Tolstoi is supporting moral corruption. 

To be honest, I think that those folks behind the "internet moral army" are looking for self publicity more than anything.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
darkchylde
20 minutes ago, RainOnMeYup said:

People need to find something better to do rather than sit on twitter and be outraged by non-issues.

by people you mean Lana?

lifeasgeorge

I know she didn't have bad intentions from the post but it was so poorly worded. She made it seem like she's the only woman who faced criticism when literally every woman in the music industry has. Remember how at the beginning of Gaga's career everyone wouldn't stop asking if she had a d*ck? Or how Ariana got death threats over Mac's death? Or normani being bullied by 5H fans for being black? Like girl you paved the way for alternative music and I am a fan of hers but come on, I thought she was smarter than posting something than that :crossed: and especially when it was tied to promoting her upcoming album. Like she could have commented on her experience facing criticism but to bring in these other girls and make it seem like it's only a her issue. Call out the entire music industry on behalf of women but don't make it seem like your peers don't face the same issues.

live and let live

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, ultrarescent said:

Some harsh critics that really traumatized her though. But i get what you mean. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems  

I mean, don't get into show-business if you can't take the heat..... She's still releasing albums, so I guess getting dem coins isn't too traumatizing after all :ohwell:

darkchylde

god, i'm sorry, but she really chose the worst time to come out and make whatever she's trying to make a point for herself.

"there are certain women that culture doesn't want to have a voice" yeah, obviously, but you ain't one of them. otherwise you wouldn't be sitting on your 16th album about how your boyfriend keeps doing drugs on a cali beach and mistreating you. 

i enjoy her music and she's good at it but she's tone deaf politically

JohnnyVersace

Doesn't even acknowledge the racial implications, or the fact that she said they sing about "****ing, cheating, etc."

Sis.......:saladga:

BUtterfield 8

Can she please either apologize or just delete the post and be quiet before she ends her career :saladga:

ice bear

hey folks

now please use that same energy to cancel the pdfile on the charts, please

ice heard one side from above

plastiquedoll

Ugh can't handle her at the moment. She went there with the Tropico montage.

darkchylde

just for the shake of it. what was she trying to accomplish with that post other than setting some **** on fire to get attention for her album & poetry book?

ice bear
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

****ing, cheating

they are negative things

singing about them is your own choice and freedom

that's exactly what she said

ice heard one side from above

GirlHeyGirl

Welcome to Gemini season gorls, buckle up it’s goning to be messy.

SpamMusubi

Okay, but this person's comment on her previous statement is actually pretty funny:selena:

Sushi is my one true passion

IShouldBeSad
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Doesn't even acknowledge the racial implications, or the fact that she said they sing about "****ing, cheating, etc."

Sis.......:saladga:

Cuz they do sing about ****ing and cheating lmao. Have you not heard any of beyonce or cardis music? Literally partition is all about ****ing.

Archived