Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - RAIN ON ME - Keep streaming/buying!

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester

Anyways

Purchase

Redeem

Stream

Request

Shazam

90s believe GIF

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Azor Ahai
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

idk but i feel he's already confident about the #1 :billie:

Maybe we should stop streaming so he forces Gaga and Ari to sign some copies :deadbanana:

Andreu
17 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Tomorrow is 24 sis

Already 24 in europe hunny :vegas:

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Yes... For those that don't acknowledge Gaga's contribution they are wrong too cuz Gaga is too big and respected to not have a major positive impact on a collaboration

Again, Ariana on her own wouldn't have gotten a debut this strong in a song like this

But when I started reading the comments I got the impression u were suggesting it was more to do with Gaga than Ariana. I do think Ariana's contribution (especially for YouTube and spotify streams) is slightly bigger than Gaga's

Maybe in sales Gaga is a bigger portion

I'd say the chart success for ROM is 60 Ari/40 Gaga, and Shallow 90 Gaga/10 Bradley. Yes, he was a part of it but no one really though of it as a "Bradley Cooper song"...all the memes, jokes, comments, even a lot of the write ups called it a Gaga song. SL went #5 with a giant leak and very little promo during a somewhat competitive time period, so I do think fans are downplaying Gaga's overall charting power (although her streaming power is very weak). 

*That said, people care too much about charts. Springsteen never had a #1, and Bad Romance peaked at #2 and is arguably one of the most famous Gaga songs in terms of cultural relevancy (I think Shallow has surpassed it).

Genuine Guy 09
1 minute ago, Economy said:

There's Gaga fans that are annoying that way too. Should ALL of us be generalized and held accountable?This only fuels unhealthy fires

Yes.

IMG_0067.thumb.JPG.b7f7381bdffff45ac819b

Spoiler

lol jk no we should stop now we got our kii on daisies

OT:

100m Spotify streams by June 6th :vegas:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Economy
1 minute ago, Married the Night said:

Million Reasons was everywhere tho

It was in terms of critical acclaim and attention and it was a strong song on its own right

But if we're talking about impact of Ariana vs Gaga on this debut and streaming force chart stats... Gaga's power to create a social influence like MR is a bit of a completely seperate irrelevant achievement

Gaga does not generally debut strongly on streams or YouTube and streams... Shallow was the only exception of a stronger run in 7 years and again, movie and collab that got special attention

I'm not trying to make it a competition btw nor does it really matter. But some comment was implying that this was more Gaga's doing and not Ariana's and I don't think that's an accurate assessment

LGMonster95
15 minutes ago, IndianGagaFan said:

Maybe for the first 24-48 hrs...after that its mostly the little monsters and the GP who will carry the song and Ari fans will get back to their normal routine of Streaming 7 rings 7 times a day. 

Honestly if the song started bombing from week 3 the same people who are praising Ari will put the entire blame on Gaga for its floppage. Thats how fickle they are. Not ready to give single credit to gaga for anything. 

I'm pretty sure if this would have flopped from the start, they will have blamed Gaga for it. The credit is on both of them, everyone was literally excited as f*ck that 2 big female artists are coming together for a major collaboration 

Lazz Monster
1 minute ago, Artur said:

Can the top 50 playlisting exposure make streams even higher tomorrow?

Probably not, but it'll definitely soften the drop

We're far from the Shallow now

Doncho

Of course Ariana is a streaming force and contributes more to Spotify numbers, thats the point of the collab yall :billie:

Can we enjoy the success for once without unnecessary complaining? 

DeanWinchester

Back to numbers

26m for the video

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Economy
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

I'd say the chart success for ROM is 60 Ari/40 Gaga, and Shallow 90 Gaga/10 Bradley. Yes, he was a part of it but no one really though of it as a "Bradley Cooper song"...all the memes, jokes, comments, even a lot of the write ups called it a Gaga song. SL went #5 with a giant leak and very little promo during a somewhat competitive time period, so I do think fans are downplaying Gaga's overall charting power (although her streaming power is very weak). 

*That said, people care too much about charts. Springsteen never had a #1, and Bad Romance peaked at #2 and is arguably one of the most famous Gaga songs in terms of cultural relevancy (I think Shallow has surpassed it).

Yeah it was definitely more of a Gaga song. I just think Bradley kind of just gave it special attention cuz it was a collab with a major actor that normally doesn't sing. That gets noticed big time

But yes it was still regonized that Gaga was the force in the song as a whole

But without the movie or Bradley, if it was just another Gaga solo, again probably just a moderate hit at best

• Shadow pinned, unpinned and locked this topic
  • Shadow unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Shadow locked and unpinned this topic

Archived