Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

'Joanne' drove Gaga into a deep depression

COOOK

Featured Posts

Ally Campana

I love Joanne so much. Such a solid A+ album. So sad that she made it to heal her Dad and the realisation that some things simply can’t be fixed drove her to sadness. This album will always have a special place in my heart. :heart:

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
COOOK
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I don't mean to be rude to you, OP, but I think we should probably have one thread for all info from the Zane x Gaga interview because there could be 100 threads otherwise and 99 are just single-liners but all we need is just one main one

In some parts of the world many still have to wait a few hours for the interview to air while other links are being taken down. By the time it's available we probably won't have time to scroll through every page and we're already behind on being part of the discussion. It's never enough to shed light on important issues like these

flyaway
8 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

ARTPOP made her depressed. Now Joanne.  :oprah:

Of course not.

What made her depressed was the betrayal and the way her team used her as a money machine. The album itself was a expression of her pain and anger. 

1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

All parts except 2 are live on Apple Music already :poot:

It's always something or the other with her rollouts.

That's so confusing omg 😫 I thought the interview was airing at 10am PT today or something

LilyLark
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I'm pretty sure that album re-opened some wounds in her family.

I felt quite bad when she played the Joanne song to her grandmother tbh...

Yep. Her grandmother was obviously okay with it as it ended up in the documentary, but it felt...awkward. I don't know, I'm making a lot of assumptions here, but Gaga strikes me as a highly emotional person who feels intensely and her family as more reserved. I can see how she thought her album and talking it out might help her family heal, but instead if kind of backfired. Plus, keeping in mind she's talked about how much she loves her Dad but has also said they have had a very difficult relationship at times....and how her Dad ran to Fox news of all places during important times for Gaga with some of his f*ckery like not paying his rent.

*Years ago, I remember reading an article by an author who wrote a semi auto-biographical novel (I can't think of the name right now, and it's driving me nuts). He thought it would help bring the family together, and instead they were mad he mad things public.

littlepotter

STOP ****ing SPOILING this GODDAMN INTERVIEW

We're literally ALL going to watch it can't you wait like a DAY to make these threads

And for WHAT

angry viral moments GIF

chaeri pls

Lucas
17 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

Why it seems like she always depressed by the album before?

With C2C she talk about being saved by Tony. Now this.

Exactly, I came to post this! With every new era she says the last one got her into a depression. I thought she wouldn't say it about Joanne because it's so personnal but I guess I was wrong. And during the next era, she'll say Chromatica gave her depression too... It's becoming quite repetitive :sweat:

Ivy

I feel like it's probably a little more complicated than that as to why she went into a depression. She also had two engagements break off, and she also had talked about in a different interview how she felt like she had put her career ahead of her personal life. 

So it's probably just a part of everything not the reason 

flyaway

I love Gaga, but sometimes she delves too much into things and that can hurt even more. Hope she's doing better, and I'm glad Chromatica comes as a more joyful experience this time around. 

TheFriend

Nooo Gaga. You did heal your dad! Even if you think it was small.

Her statement is actually really sad. After making Joanne and The Cure then coming up with this conclusion :kara::giveup:

LilyLark
Just now, Ivy said:

I feel like it's probably a little more complicated than that as to why she went into a depression. She also had two engagements break off, and she also had talked about in a different interview how she felt like she had put her career ahead of her personal life. 

So it's probably just a part of everything not the reason 

Popcrave also takes things out of context slash goes for the most clickbaity headline. Honestly kind of shocked they didn't call her an alcoholic based off her discussion about giving up drinking with Zane Lowe.

flyaway
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Exactly, I came to post this! With every new era she says the last one got her into a depression. I thought she wouldn't say it about Joanne because it's so personnal but I guess I was wrong. And during the next era, she'll say Chromatica gave her depression too... It's becoming quite repetitive :sweat:

Well, she suffers from depression. There's the reason :neyde:

hpmcmill

Feel bad for Gaga, I mean...

She’s a very emotional person in general, but made this special album for her dad that it didn’t have the healing impact she hoped it would. 

Guest Messy vers
24 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

It drove me into a depression too, relatable Kween :diane:

I got double anxious after its lead single :trollga:

Yxcvbnm
27 minutes ago, Dramatica said:

I wouldn't want to gossip or anything but I kinda always got the feeling that she did Joanne because it helped heal her depression :poot: Now we know she got into an even bad one with it :neyde:

She said it. Maybe she forgot it. Can she once not mention her depression in an interview?

She'll release a fun dance album...lady gaga dancing GIF

Archived