💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey Drags Music Culture And Also Announces New Album Date

Perfume

Featured Posts

DiskoBaby
8 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

She's been papp snaped a  few times going to that Hillsong megachurch (the same one Biebz goes to)

Okay let's hear it, what's problematic about it? 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

so according to young woke logic, mentioning abuse/complicated relationships in your art form means you glamorize and condone it?? i am really scared for this generation's ability to acknowledge grey areas and understand that most things are not black and white. 

DiskoBaby
2 hours ago, MorganMak said:

The woke-left blue-check twitter backlash against this has been so disgusting, I can't tell whether woke feminists hate Lana more for being pretty, white or feminine, or just all three. 

They're mad that despite she's pretty, white, and feminine that she isn't a loud vocal feminist and doesn't apologize for that. And that irritates the F out of them and they consider her as the "enemy" and feel she deserves to be publicly shamed for her "privilege" 

Midnight Summer

Guys, this whole "people are just jealous because she's white and pretty" is...so ugly. Lana made good points, she just worded it clumsily. But her fans do her a disservice by arguing that her detractors are just mad because she's white and pretty. Some of the responses in here are actually more eyebrow-raising than what Lana actually said.

Also, it's not just woc who disagree with her.

EYkzamWUEAUhOJO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Haven't been on here for long but it's so sad to see the blatant racism on a Lady Gaga forum, it makes no sense to me. Hope y'all educate yourselves.

ShtoopidLahv
4 hours ago, Midnight Summer said:

Guys, this whole "people are just jealous because she's white and pretty" is...so ugly. Lana made good points, she just worded it clumsily. But her fans do her a disservice by arguing that her detractors are just mad because she's white and pretty. Some of the responses in here are actually more eyebrow-raising than what Lana actually said.

Also, it's not just woc who disagree with her.

EYkzamWUEAUhOJO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Agreed. Lana comes across as disrespectful and ignorant by implying that these female artists didn’t suffer the same things she’s talking about. But her points about her art and contribution to feminism being unfairly criticized are true. Too bad that gets lost because she invalidated other women’s Struggles

mezzanine

everyone's simply right. lana is the kind of artist that takes everything she does fully serious and engaged to her persona and artistic vision, which is poetry, old fashioned hollywood-y. So for her, it is frustrating that people have been making fun of her for more than a decade (we ALL know the memes and slurs she's had to deal with), from BTD (****ing hipster, boring, music for sleeping, music to k*ll yourself, she should, etc) to Ultraviolence (omg she's an antifeminist, she's glamourizing domestic violence, blah blah blah -and yes ultraviolence reflects on it and she's admitted it and LEARNT from it, she doesn't even sing the f*cking song anymore jesus), etc. etc.

So yes, for her it is frustrating to work her ass hard non stop in music that she writes from top to bottom, poetry books, co-directing, etc. to be called a wh0re when Tropico or other stuff come out, and meanwhile the top 10 is continuously trash lyrics about being a b*tch that moves her a$s aNd TiTtIeS and sCaM, it can be funny and empowering, but when that is the new POP CULTURE and the only thing that charts talk about for years, regardless of your race, it's boring, and tacky.

And at the same time, on the other side, these women have their own struggles and some of them come from the streets, from having been abused, or called the same words or even worse, and it is how they liberate and empower themselves.

But, in the end, fact is that just because she mentions it, not to come for them but for the industry and the PAYOLA behind these st*pid charts, scores and critics, it doesn't mean that she's racist or anti-feminist, you need to chill your snowflake *sses down, because this starts to look like the new inquisition where you have to be totally silent in case anybody without school nor a job feels offended and starts a CaNcElLeD movement on you. 

You all complain about the lack of sensitivity of people while you play the same game and WORSE against anybody that doesn't think like you do. 

And if I was her, I wouldn't have posted sh*t, because it is a mistake for your career and public image, and also I couldn't care less of a sh*t about what people think on me or their recognition to my work, especially if they consume the trash that is on the radio and mainstream at the moment, just to be clear, but that doesn't give you the chance to start calling her racist and many other stuff, especially when you do probably much less than her and she IS paying reparations unlike most of you or your faves.

and last, it's funny once again to see MEN talking, questioning and educating about FEMINISM to a woman.

Archived