Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey Drags Music Culture And Also Announces New Album Date

Perfume

Featured Posts

yungpancake

Yeah she's got a point. Every women has the right to have their own approach in Feminism, as long as they are still grounded in feminism's core values. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nickypie101

I love Lana but idk about this, did she have to call out all those girls? Especially Ariana whom she worked with, I fell like she could’ve done without mentioning them. Not to mention it’s basically a white lady tearing down all people of color (except Ariana)

smokeandhush
Just now, Nickolas724 said:

I love Lana but idk about this, did she have to call out all those girls? Especially Ariana whom she worked with, I fell like she could’ve done without mentioning them. Not to mention it’s basically a white lady tearing down all people of color (except Ariana)

Ariana is black. 

Guest NOMATICA
7 minutes ago, Nickolas724 said:

:saladga: I don’t understand why people always have to mention this black and white thing. I know it’s a US thing, but I don’t understand it.

ANTI WP
3 minutes ago, smokeandhush said:

Money hungry Gaga Haus Labs would never.

Imagine calling gaga a money hungry person

after all the things she did to the LGBTQ community and recent COVID-19 

:triggered:

Donating to native foundations?!!? :pray: Donating to my people!!

(donate to me individually gurl,, I'm a poor Chippewa poet) :pray: huehue

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"

Lilbit
7 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

She didn't lie. Music industry is so corrupted right now. Having a #1 song meant a lot even 10 years back but lately people are diluting the charts and billboard is fake af. I despise singers like Nicki and Camila with zero artistic integrity and hop on everywhere to get #1.

Music not the charts. Gaga is so ahead of time yet again. Those times when good music would rule the charts  

we should also be careful of the assumptions we make about an artist’s character. We only see glimpses of what these women experience, and both their art and their methods of creating it are subjective. 
a post like yours is no different from the critics she refers to. I don’t see the point in reducing someone’s artistry to garbage based solely on your own assumptions of them. That’s essentially what she’s accusing those reviews of doing to her. 

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, smokeandhush said:

Money hungry Gaga Haus Labs would never.

Are you done.

ANTI WP
4 minutes ago, Nickolas724 said:

Not to mention it’s basically a white lady tearing down all people of color (except Ariana)

:wtfga: 

KatieJudasGaga4

I have mixed feelings about this. She could've proven her point without mentioning anyone.

That will just cause more drama. What those artists are doing aren't really that wrong, so I don't get why she needed to call them out.

Fusel

A lot of conclusions she makes are really valid imo. It is highly hypocritical and can never be ok to judge her as a woman for not conforming to the compulsive sexy empowerment stuff that is expected from women (especially in pop, but indie music has similar limiting ideas about women). She’s obviously coming from an angry place so her choice of words might be a bit too harsh but it’s understandable. I wonder though if she ever had a chance to get more into feminist theory that strays away from the pop feminism of the last 10 years. Because there are a lot of feminist thinkers who’ve long ago realized how one-sided and toxic that interpretation of “uplifting” is that media is trying to promote. 

Lord Temptation

She really hates girls huh :fthis:

If she really wanted to attack misogyny, why target the women? :bye:

Blastertoyo

Mentioning pop girls for promo I guess 

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

ice bear

she didn't say anything wrong

being submissive doesn't mean being inferior

but the space for missinterpretation, omg :saladga: i worry for her

also