💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ranking britney’s album covers

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa

britney has nine albums, some of which have quite...questionable album covers, let’s say that. so, i ranked em!

1.Blackout

R-4865610-1377889919-6100.jpeg.jpg

If you look at Blackout’s album art too deeply, it begins to look a complete mess. but, from a first-glance standpoint, it’s actually okay. the pink dress goes well with the yellow/orange background, the font is tacky but in a charming, nostalgic 2007-type way, and i, personally, really LOVE britney with dark hair.

2.Glory (re-issue)

EXhLn8TXsAIyXr6.jpg

The original cover would be far, far lower (it’s literally a screenshot from the music video for make me, it’s a mess), but ive chosen to give brit the benefit of the doubt. the 2020 reissue album cover is what the original should have been. brightly coloured, and with something actually going on. it’s a great shot of her, and generally just really pretty.

3.Circus

Circus-_Album.png

I look at circus as blackout’s grown-up, mature sister, and that’s what this cover gives me, in a way. i love that there’s colours, stars, interesting fronts, a THEME! something! it’s not just britney looking at the camera (*cough* britney jean *cough* in the zone *cough* femme fatale *cough* glory original). There’s an idea.

4. ...Baby One More Time

d4368865b95e4c64cce6f6a892e4e67f.jpg

Once again, giving brit the benefit of the doubt and using the better version of the album cover (the other version would be last on this list, it’s gross lol). there’s nothing special about this one, but it represents the album well and brit looks good. that’s all, really.

5.Britney

81PIp57o63L._SS500_.jpg

I love the colour combo of yellow, blue, and pink used in this one. once again, there’s more going on that just a picture of britney. im sure at some point, this looked dated, but i think we’re passed that. maybe i just think that because the early 2000s are my favourite era, idk.

6.Femme Fatale

Femme-Fatale-by-Britney-Spears.jpg

I tried to find the version with gold text (the one i’ve always seen), but it didn’t come up on google, so we move on. we’re getting to the mediocre ones, and this it one of the better mediocre ones. i love that all the colours go together (especially with the gold text), and i love the hidden 7 to represent her 7th studio album. she’s cute.

7.Oops...I Did It Again

Britney_Spears_-_Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again

Let’s get this out of the way, the colours are atrocious. that gorgeous purple with the brown outfit and yellowish background...yeah no. but i love the cover’s contents because it’s just SO trashy early 2000s, and that’s my favourite thing.

8.Britney Jean

R-5147929-1425809975-9880.jpeg.jpg

A chest-up picture of britney looking at the camera. groundbreaking. at least they put some neon text on it, i guess. that’s cute.

9.In The Zone

In_the_Zone.png

britney staring at the camera with the ugliest shade of blue covering the whole thing. yikes. it’s not even just that, but they used the worst picture from the whole photoshoot, ugh. the font’s cool though. now, had they used this:

6d3f6b8e288c4e62ce71be531dd58b1e.jpg

still boring and unimaginative, but SO much prettier than the original. choices.

anyway, y’all got any thoughts or opinions?

Anderson123

In The Zone is :legend:

Blackout and Circus are terrible. Very graphic design is my passion. 

ice bear

the reissued glory is awesome

but if it was just for covers i wouldn't be a fan really :awkney:

ice heard one side from above

Smother Em Eh

Reissue Glory cover>>> the rest

Britney has one of the most boring covers and they are like all the same. Her staring directly into the camera. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

WhiskeyLikeMisery

The new Glory cover > everything else doesn't matter and is irrelevant.

MANiCURE 6

I use fanmades because I don't like the official covers... :ohwell:

(in no particular order cause I love them all)

Glory :

EXhg53jWkAA9aSt.jpg:large

Femme Fatale :

imperdivel-britney-spears-femme-fatale-n

Circus :

DVEpwRBW0AAdo5x.jpg 

3990724585_8fc6b58f57_b.thumb.jpg.ff7079

Blackout

tumblr_m0pn8xA5kI1qhznl3o1_500.jpg

In The Zone :

6d3f6b8e288c4e62ce71be531dd58b1e.jpg

I've listened to the other albums in full like once in my life sooo I don't have them on my iTunes library :laughga:

But I'd use these fanmades :

Spoiler

Oops...I Did It Again :

tumblr_ofiskqyP9l1vj8kv9o1_500.png

Britney Jean :

DMw-qW7nGaDmjaqsP2Bb5ND3sTUShju5c42Jo7w_

Britney :

britney_spears___britney_by_other_covers

...Baby One More Time :

DON'T LIKE ANY COVERS AT ALL.

I find the original iconic but her pose is cringe.

Goldfish

The reissued glory is the only one worth listing. Almost all of her album covers are basic and uninspired. And if they are slightly interesting (Circus) they’re completely over edited to the point where she looks like a wax figure :awkney:

I invented post-its

Archived