đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga and David Bowie

DiskoBaby

Featured Posts

high heeled fem
18 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

It's sad really how many of the legends are (or were) against Gaga. Madonna, Grace Jones, Boy George, David Bowie (supposedly), M.I.A. (she's a legend to me:huntyga:), didn't Prince also make shady comments about her?

And no, before you even think of it, I don't think it has to do with "jealousy".

Yeah it sucks, I will say I thought MIA changed her ideas on the matter after the meet up with Julian. 

What did boy George say :wtfga: he’s the only one I don’t care about if he likes her or not 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rain on me
14 hours ago, Emigrante said:

Whitney? What did she say? And pet shop boys? She performed with them. 

yeah weird:/ i’d like to know too!! @FameHookah

Reject False Icons

Gaga is the living proof that meeting your idols can’t always come out well :selena: so I don’t know what’s the moral in this, life is weird 

22 hours ago, LaLa said:

The info comes from her ASIB era Vogue interview:

DmvGRhYWwAA_a_p?format=jpg&name=medium

Gaga also said Madonna's team approved BTW which we determined didn't actually happen so who knows. 

Kulture Kiari
18 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

It's sad really how many of the legends are (or were) against Gaga. Madonna, Grace Jones, Boy George, David Bowie (supposedly), M.I.A. (she's a legend to me:huntyga:), didn't Prince also make shady comments about her?

And no, before you even think of it, I don't think it has to do with "jealousy".

I dont remember if it was Bowie or Prince before they died, but on their twitter page, they retweeted an article that was bashing Gaga. The Twitter account ended up removing the tweet a few days later but I found it to be really mean. 

Jose P

Wow at the amount of people discrediting legends like Bowie, Madonna, or Grace Jones bc they didn’t vibe well with Gaga. She doesn’t care, neither should you. Move on and stop belittling the icons that made Gaga the artist she is today.

anonanon
19 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Idk about the others, but I definitely think M.I.A. was at least partially out of jealousy. And I'm saying this as someone whose overall favorite artist is probably M.I.A. That said, I don't think her frustration was necessarily invalid. Also I do feel like a lot of her attacks on artists have to do more with the industry than the person.

Edited just now by anonanon

metalguru

Bowie and Gaga..

Such a touchy and sensitive subject.

I am more of an indie/glam rock person and I remember the indie scene was seriously divided about Gaga. My camp believed that she was necessary to pop filtered through the legacy of Pet Shop Boys, Bowie, Grace Jones, Madonna, Leila K, T. Rex, even Leila K. Others thought that she was nothing but a copycat. I want to note that before Bowie's The Next Day he was not at the center of mainstream interest. Last time Bowie was super hot was around 1993 when British band Suede (my fave band ever) brought back Bowie's drama and theatrics (and sexuality) back into pop music. Gaga was talking about Bowie before Bowie-mania. Now all these Bowie experts judging Gaga and her referential pop philosophy which is sort of ridiculous simply because Bowie described himself as a "Xerox machine" for multiple times, talking about himself (Madonna certainly took notes) as collectors of upcoming trends, even once said in one of his Ziggy interviews that "second copy is the best copy." No, he wasn't a xerox machine, but was certainly a trendsetter, and he liked to mock the obsession over authenticity, being both authentic and artificial at the same time. 

Gaga, in many ways, one of the best students of Bowie's study of fame. She is even too clever that I am sure she annoyed Bowie -Bowie is notorious to NOT support his best students: David Sylvian, Brett Anderson, etc. Also, Bowie, at his peak, was quite experimental. Somehow Gaga hasn't pushed the boundaries at maximum. Understandable. She is a super talented POP singer. She doesn't have to come up with Low or Station to Station. 

I still believe that Gaga will appear in playlists next to Bowie, the Cure, Blondie, etc. in the year of 2040. She is a legend. And somehow I feel like she would visit experimental and left-field sonic landscapes somewhere in her future-oriented, well-studied, carefully crafted career. 

All the snobs who mock Gaga and her fascination over Bowie are missing her point simply because their fandom is sort of half-cooked. I think it must be impossibly hard to not amazed by Gaga as a Bowie fan. 

Bowie is a God-like figure, a true pioneer, and Gaga is his hardworking but often misunderstood and overlooked student. 

FameHookah
17 hours ago, Emigrante said:

Whitney? What did she say? And pet shop boys? She performed with them. 

Whitney said something about hallowen costumes and dark energy several times

And yes i know about that pet shop performance but layter on they shaded her when they released 'ego music'

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah
2 hours ago, rain on me said:

yeah weird:/ i’d like to know too!! @FameHookah

There are more clips but i couldnt find them

WTF is MDNA

rain on me
1 minute ago, FameHookah said:

There are more clips but i couldnt find them

thanks for the video!! woah:/ do u remember what pet shop boys said about her?

On 5/20/2020 at 12:39 AM, DiskoBaby said:

I'm left with more questions than answers. That seems nice but a bit random to frame? 

Not if it’s literally all you have from a no longer living music icon that heavily influenced you to a point it’s literally tatooed on your body lmao

AJRocketMan
On 5/20/2020 at 3:19 AM, FameHookah said:

Yep he shaded her several times, same with Whitney Petshop Boys, Madonna, Grace Jones and Boy George..

Poor gaga :s 

Also he loved LOVED Lorde.

Whitney never trashed Gaga or spoke negatively of her. Pet Shop Boys invited her to perform with them in early 2009. They defended her from an interviewer in 2010, and they even praised her music in 2012. It's pretty clear that they like her. Read this:

https://www.pride.com/box-office/2012/02/18/whitney-houston-lady-gaga-its-alright-mommas-here

https://www.loverboymagazine.com/pet-shop-boys/

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a405168/pet-shop-boys-lady-gaga-will-have-a-fantastic-greatest-hits/

https://www.twincities.com/2009/09/15/pet-projects-neil-tennant-of-synth-pop-duo-the-pet-shop-boys-talks-about-the-tour-the-brit-award-and-no-1-dance-hits/

On 5/20/2020 at 3:29 AM, Queen Bitch said:

Madonna was never truly against Gaga. The only thing that bothered her was that Gaga ripped off "Express Yourself"
 (which she did). Other than that she has praised her. Madonna's brother Christopher, on the other hand, actually criticized her, and he did make a few valid points.

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/02/13/lady-gagas-born-this-way-criticized-by-christopher-ciccone-the-press-and-others/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lady-gaga-madonna-style_n_2434301?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANs6EQzqIGVJJAe2uwcAypyXjKrnsh27mvrrwjHhsVnvI3np5nJEHLFgrheAZ3erju-AX4Vw6gOSopGN-ctyrEmyw3HuSE_72B-NDddDFBkx8eooSTH87AwmyVeCDqF8xje9b-sjAQooR6qw8ll4FCLDSSRho8UfR91lKp2e6h_s

On 5/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, Quartz said:

Gaga has more talent than Bowie ever had. Don't quote me.

Gaga has more talent than David did but I'd say David was more creative than she is. Talent and creativity are two different things.

God Control
On 5/20/2020 at 12:44 AM, chiuga said:

who cares he's dead

And still more relevant and more influential than most artists.

AJRocketMan
On 5/21/2020 at 12:37 AM, FameHookah said:

Whitney said something about hallowen costumes and dark energy several times

And yes i know about that pet shop performance but layter on they shaded her when they released 'ego music'

I don't think that was in reference to Gaga. Gaga never had "dark energy" and never gave off "dark vibes". She may have been referring to someone like Marilyn Manson instead.

Also, the Pet Shop Boys explicity stated "Ego Music" was not about Lady Gaga.

https://petshopboys-online.com/interviews/pet-shop-boys-pop-music-is-very-ego-driven-these-days/

Archived