đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga and David Bowie

DiskoBaby

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch
14 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

It must be jealousy. She got praised and got compared to them by a lot of people. I can understand that if you are a so called “legend” you are kind of *meh* when a newcomer get’s a lot of praise and gets compared to you.

I think Gaga will reach their status but will never look down on newcomers etc. As much as I reapect Bowie, Madonna, etc. Gaga is much more mature when it comes to that

I just don't see why they would be jealous, just because a newcomer gets some praise.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShadowHunter
1 hour ago, DeIusional said:

I’m only going to quote you to agree

Bowie was artistic but incredibly stuck up like most “legends” — which is probably why his son had such a reaction to Gaga’s grammy performance.. 

bowie was so not stuck up, lord help me w the ignorance running freely in this thread, i might need to remove myself jajajajajajja he is, or was, in fact a very humble man

Bonkiii

Guys this isn't a popularity contest. What do you do if someone doesn't like you? Move on...

She doesn't care. You should too! ;) (She's referring to Madonna but that doesn't matter)

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

It's sad really how many of the legends are (or were) against Gaga. Madonna, Grace Jones, Boy George, David Bowie (supposedly), M.I.A. (she's a legend to me:huntyga:), didn't Prince also make shady comments about her?

And no, before you even think of it, I don't think it has to do with "jealousy".

I think if Prince is true, we can chuck it since he was a Jehovah’s Witness at the point Gaga was going on about disco sticks lol he barely liked his old discography by that point.

Daylight Jokers
6 hours ago, Maleficent said:

i believe Bowie’s daughter (?) said her dad won’t let her go to a Gaga show cuz she’s “too weird” or something lol 

Wait what? Bowie...gurl...:awkney:

Ziggy
2 hours ago, DeIusional said:

I don’t think Gaga should be fussed that they don’t like her. What matters is Gaga loves any artist and is open to working with anyone which is what Chromatica is about! 

that is the difference between her and these people - she isn’t cold and she isn’t stuck up. she knows her worth but she isn’t going to go on live television and diss someone or sit down for an interview and completely disrespect someone (madge..)

also I’m gonna be honest this generation barely knows who David Bowie is, nevermind Grace Jones or Boy George :ladyhaha:

AND yes I think this is actually about jealousy - because Gaga was winning awards inspired by their work and most weren’t even nominated for it - so that could be a factor 

Uh I doubt Bowie was jealous. The man declined knighthood by the Queen. Awards and accolades aren’t really his thing. If he didn’t want to meet someone that doesn’t make him stuck up. Now BG and Madonna are rude, but Bowie can’t really be in that conversation since he just didn’t really pay her attention. No one is obligated to do that just because someone likes them. He was super insular and basically retired most of Gaga’s career and *dying* for another portion of it. I sincerely doubt a lot of his focus and thoughts were going to how shite Lady Gaga is.

Sickness

It's sad really how many of the legends are (or were) against Gaga. Madonna, Grace Jones, Boy George, David Bowie (supposedly), M.I.A. (she's a legend to me:huntyga:), didn't Prince also make shady comments about her?

And no, before you even think of it, I don't think it has to do with "jealousy".

And all of those sans David Bowie switched like f*ggots :vegas:

Well Boy George switches all the time but he’s eternally bitter with the world.

Daylight Jokers

It doesn't matter much cuz other icons/legends like Elton, Cyndi (who is way more iconic than Boy George anyway), Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson, Cher, Sting, Queen, Julie Andrews, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Carole King, and The Rolling Stones love her.

Ziggy
1 minute ago, LGs LM said:

It doesn't matter much cuz other icons/legends like Elton, Cyndi (who is way more iconic than Boy George anyway), Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson, Cher, Sting, Queen, Julie Andrews, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Carole King, and The Rolling Stones love her.

Has Springsteen ever said anything? I don’t remember and have been curious for a bit about it.

Ziggy

I can’t with everyone putting words in a dead man’s mouth and denigrating him based on rumors and a two-word note. The fact is whether he liked her or not, he didn’t come out and be rude about it. If he didn’t like her, that’s his business and he kept it that way. But stans really getting thirsty waiting for their chromatica jocks to come in the mail so they’re stirring up a pot that hasn’t even got any water to boil. Not everyone likes everyone or wants to meet them and that’s perfectly fine. He can compliment who he likes and that isn’t automatically a diss on someone else. Batten down the hatches, y’all are floating away from reality.

Daylight Jokers
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Has Springsteen ever said anything? I don’t remember and have been curious for a bit about it.

I mean,

96d31ba4efb1cca448554f94db3f3fe7.jpg

So I assumed he likes her. But then again, Grace Jones also has a photo with her so I'm not really sure.

Cerny

No one is obligated to like or even interact with Gaga. Suppose that there’s someone who has a crush on you or wants to be friends with you, and you don’t want anything to do with said person, zero involvement, you simply don’t want to, and then people give you crap for it. 

You people are being irrational.

Guillaume Hamon
24 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

I mean,

96d31ba4efb1cca448554f94db3f3fe7.jpg

So I assumed he likes her. But then again, Grace Jones also has a photo with her so I'm not really sure.

Didn't he say that he wish he wrote a song like that talking about Bad Romance? I think Elton John said that BS told it to him at this show but I red that a long time ago and don't know if it was by a reliable source lmao. ;) 

brucee

I didn't mean in any way to disregard Bowie, or take anything away from his genius. He was a beautiful musician, honest, he's always been making soulful music, he was "show stopping, spectacular etc" a 200%. Bowie is so close to my heart that i have him tattooed too, so maybe I take things really personally. But it's not that deep. Nobody is entitled to praise anyone if they don't feel like. And the opinion of anybody shall not stop us from doing anything. 

hello hello baby.

Emigrante
4 hours ago, FameHookah said:

Yep he shaded her several times, same with Whitney Petshop Boys, Madonna, Grace Jones and Boy George..

Poor gaga :s 

Also he loved LOVED Lorde.

Whitney? What did she say? And pet shop boys? She performed with them. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived