💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Britney can sing, and she wrote more than 40 song

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

codymonster
16 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

She sounds like someone doing karaoke at a small town bar to me in this. She’s not BAD, but she’s in no way a vocalist that deserves to be recognized. Again, she has created a career for herself in dancing and putting on a show. Most people wouldn’t be able to do that for as many years as her! But no, I would never say she is a talented singer/songwriter.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Britney has traditionally danced heavily tho and put on an energetic performance

I cannot fault artists who choose to go that route

I mean, yeah but she's not a singer or a musician then... she's just a dancer. And I'd rather support real artists who has the voice, the writing skills, as well as livley performances, than just someone who is a dancer trying to sing in a baby voice for her whole career. 

End Racism Now

Animal Claws
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

I mean, yeah but she's not a singer or a musician then... she's just a dancer. And I'd rather support real artists who has the voice, the writing skills, as well as livley performances, than just someone who is a dancer trying to sing in a baby voice for her whole career. 

Sorry but this seems like hateful comment towards her. 

This isn't needed

CautiousLurker
Just now, Economy said:

That's literally what ppl constantly imply about her tho

I don't think she's a Mozart but the OP has a point that people unfairly make her sound like a useless lost puppy that has to have everything done for her

She does have some musical talent even if she's largely manufactured

They do that with pretty much everybody tho - I thought it was common knowledge that it's more of a meme at this point when someone responds in such an exaggerated way - if you actually pressed a person and asked them 'do you actually think this person has absolutely no skill nor knowledge in the flied', I mean, I'm sure some of them would say 'yes' genuinely, but most people will have more common sense (I hope :vegas:)

Teletubby

I have a great idea. She could join Pussycat Dolls :billie:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Gagaism
20 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

I noticed that many people does not appreciate Britney as a talented artist, and showcase her as just "another cute girl with some good songs" which actually isn't true. In fact, Britney did wrote more than 40 songs on her catalogue one of them is written and produced all by her self " Everytime" and another she wrote it for Selena Gomez " Wiplash", other song is just totally in French " Coupure Electrique". Justin Tranter, who is the Glory producer praised her songwriting ability and said "You know, the world has painted her as just like you know the Princess of Pop and everything's perfect and blah blah blah...so you're just not expecting that she's going to write her ass off," he said. "Then all of a sudden she suggests this concept we have a song called 'Just Like Me' on Glory, which is about her walking in on someone cheating on her with someone who looks just like her. I'm like, 'That's what you want to write today?' And she didn't go into whether it was a true story or not, but that was just the idea that she brought to us. Wow. And we were like, 'Oh my god, Britney Spears is coming in here swinging. For the rafters.' You know, we would have never suggested something that dark, because the world has told us who Britney is, which is not true. Britney is a three dimensional amazing complex woman. And so then as a writer she blew our minds."

Here is a list of the songs she wrote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Songs_written_by_Britney_Spears

And yes Britney can sing, she has such a unique and remarkable voice in the music industry, Justin Tranter said as well " "It’s so ... that magical sound just comes out of her face ... And then she giggles and tells a joke on the mic, and then your whole body gets chills and I literally fell to the ground ... there's something about her that's not of this world." 

We all know she’s very talented and could show up even more if she’s wasn’t so controlled. Maybe people don’t get her serious because she doesn’t care about deep meanings and makes music to amuse people. 

edit: she’s one of the singer that I really like, got me listening to Femme Fatale and Circus today btw 

Economy
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

I prefer to think of those musical acts as "performers" or "entertainers"

Some may not be good singers, others may choose not to sing live due to energetic show... But either way it doesn't take away from the being good performers

There's artists that are good singers vocally but suck at every other aspect of performing and all they know how to do is stand there with a Mike :shrug:

JLO for example may not be able to sing like Adele but Adele probably cannot put on the kind of energetic show stopping performances JLO can

Different strengths and weaknesses. I don't see the need for people to always bash artists that aren't the greatest vocally. Most that don't sing great are still popular for a reason, there's usually something else they are good at delivering

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, magnolia said:

I have a great idea. She could join Pussycat Dolls :billie:

NNNNNNNNN :nooo: :sharon:

End Racism Now

dynamite

Britney's iconic and I love her, but she's not going to be remembered for her vocals. She's renowned for lip syncing and it's widely accepted, many other artists would get criticised for even lipping one performance never mind most of her career from a certain point. But you can like different artists for different reasons. Her overall package is memorable and fierce, and I love a ton of her songs, and while her voice isn't particularly world class it at least sounds unique and is instantly recognisable.

I don't need her to be a great singer.

Britney Jean1

Funny how a ' dancer' has managed to sold out 100M albums to excel those who are 'loud vocalist'. Funny how a dancer managed to sing live with the king of pop Micheal Jackson and the queen of pop Madonna. That is so much for a dancer in a Baby voice. Just today her debut single Baby One More Time listed as the greatest debut single of all the time by the Rolling Stones. Its so much for a dancer 

Slim

Economy
13 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

They do that with pretty much everybody tho - I thought it was common knowledge that it's more of a meme at this point when someone responds in such an exaggerated way - if you actually pressed a person and asked them 'do you actually think this person has absolutely no skill nor knowledge in the flied', I mean, I'm sure some of them would say 'yes' genuinely, but most people will have more common sense (I hope :vegas:)

If u ask them directly and force them to think about it as they answer i think most people who criticize would indeed reach the conclusion most artists must have at least some degree of skill to make it in the business... Cuz even the worst famous singers still have a better voice and musical inclination than the random average joe on the street

But I don't think they are consciously thinking that thru when they make their critical comments

Economy
7 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Britney's iconic and I love her, but she's not going to be remembered for her vocals. She's renowned for lip syncing and it's widely accepted, many other artists would get criticised for even lipping one performance never mind . But you can like different artists for different reasons. Her overall package is memorable and fierce, and I love a ton of her songs, and while her voice isn't particularly world class it at least sounds unique and is instantly recognisable.

I don't need her to be a great singer.

That's the point I always try to make over and over

Different artists have something else to deliver. I don't mind that artists like JLO or Britney are only Soso singers at best because they still have something to offer and deliver in their performances

If someone like Adele that just stands with a Mike doesn't sound amazing or sing live they too would be boring. But because Adele sounds so good, it's acceptable that she just stands with a Mike

An artist doesn't have to be phenomenal in every aspect to be good.

Gaga herself has her weak points. Good voice and writing ability but her dancing for example can be quite mediocre at times. And that's ok, it's not her strongest point

18 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Britney can sing, but her label forced her to sing in a way that was more commercial and popish. She never got to show her true voice and her voice suffered from it. It's sad really. She always said Whitney and Mariah inspired her from the very beginning and it shows in this performance

13yr old britney >>> britney

NFRatwell

If you like her, great. But some of y’all try so hard to prove she’s as good of a writer or vocalist as so many other “pop icons”... let’s face it, Britney just doesn’t fit that type of icon vocally as people like Mariah, Beyoncé, Gaga, X-Tina... :selena: or writers like Gaga and Taylor. Again, if you like her music that’s great. But even with you you’re always trying so hard to justify her existence in the pop world, even in that very uncalled for thread about how she’s better than X-Tina (seriously, is it 2005?) Britney will always be an iconic performer and artist, but not for her writing abilities and vocals like so many others. If that irritates you maybe you’re stanning the wrong artist. 

Archived