1. 1. Favourite Fiona Apple album?

• Tidal
    • When the Pawn...
    • Extraordinary Machine
    • The Idler Wheel...
    • Fetch The Bolt Cutters

Featured Posts

Davian

I recently became a big fan of Fiona Apple and I noticed she is not discussed here as much. Now that her most recent and critically acclaimed album Fetch The Bolt Cutters is a month old, I was curious to know what your favourite Fiona Apple album is!:tony:

And yes, I will include the full album titles so beware for some iconic long titles:billie:

- Tidal (1996)

61uOpZiL5zL._SS500_.jpg

- When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right (1999)

71he0qfwVuL._SS500_.jpg

- Extraordinary Machine (2005)

71chNMk9-3L._SS500_.jpg

- The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do (2012)

910GvbIklGL._SS500_.jpg

- Fetch The Bolt Cutters (2020)

Fiona-Apple-Fetch-The-Bolt-Cutters-15870

So, which one is your favourite? The poll is multiple choice!:vegas:

Imo she doesn't have a bad album and all are great! But my two faves are Fetch The Bolt Cutters and The Idler Wheel... :tony:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

The Idler Wheel

Yesssssss.

When the Pawn...> Fetch the Bolt Cutters > The Idler Wheel > Extraordinary Machine > Tidal 

bowie1986

This is so hard. I want justice for all of these albums (I'm ok with Tidal being shafted, though, in the greater discussion of her discography. But 99% of artists will never make an album that good.)

I LOVE the Jon Brion version of Extraordinary Machine, and I also love "Parting Gift" so I love the Elizondo vzn too. This album has so much heart and quirk. The title track is blissful, I also love Tymps and Get Him Back. Not About Love (Jon Brion Vzn) gives me chills. 

Davian
On 5/19/2020 at 11:05 PM, ssslyboy said:

really the leaked Jon Brion version of Extraordinary Machine

20 hours ago, bowie1986 said:

I LOVE the Jon Brion version of Extraordinary Machine, and I also love "Parting Gift" so I love the Elizondo vzn too. This album has so much heart and quirk. The title track is blissful, I also love Tymps and Get Him Back. Not About Love (Jon Brion Vzn) gives me chills. 

Oh that’s interesting, I’ve never heard this version tbh:oprah: Only the officially released version available on streaming. Is it that different/much better?

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

DiskoBaby

That singer with the extremely long and hard to memorize album titles

Chromatica

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, not sorry :ally:

Have we done a megarate for it yet?

ssslyboy
1 hour ago, Davian said:

Oh that’s interesting, I’ve never heard this version tbh:oprah: Only the officially released version available on streaming. Is it that different/much better?

I was obsessed with the Jon Brion version.  It leaked like 7 months before the official version.  It's very baroque and classical influenced, but I prefer it.  It's more interesting than the official release.  Just search youtube for it.

Archived