💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are you glad streaming ended greatest hits?

culturalbaptism

Featured Posts

elijahfan
8 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

The only greatest hits albums i really listen to is The Immaculate Collection (Madonna) and Les Mots (MylĂšne Farmer), but i do like to have them in my collection regardless, so yes i miss them. I've never been a playlist type of person though, I've always preferred a full body of work like albums

Literally my 2 favorite greatest hits albums as well... So iconic in their respective artist's career.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

You can’t expect a pop star not to perform her biggest hits at her shows... What you are also not mentioning is that she basically sings 90% of her newest album on its corresponding tour. On some dates, it can go up to 100%. She’s making every track shine, not just the singles. She’s hardly relying on old material only. No more than any other artist.

Yes but one can expect an artist to not perform 1/4 versions of her lead singles in favor of full versions of singles from ten years prior. :spin:

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

Yes but one can expect an artist to not perform 1/4 versions of her lead singles in favor of full versions of singles from ten years prior. :spin:

OK Doot, whatever :awkney:

Musicisfreedom
4 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Literally my 2 favorite greatest hits albums as well... So iconic in their respective artist's career.

We stan TASTE :golfclap: 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Agunimon
10 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

Yes but people still put them out, like Kylie Minogue just did it about a year ago.

Greatest hits albums are literally USELESS in the streaming era. Just create a playlist of the hits.....  :neyde: Obviously, this doesn’t apply towards physical copies, because I understand that fans love collecting them but still.... I feel like, unless I have extra money to spend, why would I buy someone's greatest hits album when I already own ALL their albums? Especially if they’re digital copies. 

Screen-Shot-2020-05-19-at-11-08-46-PM.pn

she did me good

BlingNotTheMusic

As convenient and cost effective as streaming is, it has killed careers and much of the uniqueness for music lovers. Artists have had to change their approach to making music even, and some have failed to adapt. 

Greatest Hits was the thing before "This is...." playlist on Spotify or "Essentials, Deep Cuts, etc" whatever else Apple Music does. 

doppelganger

This only works with legacy artists where their streaming presence isn't that large. But sometimes we do get brand new songs in GH collections (like Mariah Carey's #1s, witj I Still helieve and Sweetheart)

ToxicHot
15 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-19-at-11-08-46-PM.pn

she did me good

I was gonna consider buying it tbh! But it’s missing some of my favorite Kylie songs :cryga:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Arturo

Yes because now artists are forced to release something more interesting like a live album for their compilations.

Agunimon

I appreciate greatest hits not because it contains their hits, but because it's a nice way to get introduced to artists with larger (more than 6, probably) discographies and get into their stuff before diving into all of their work.

GlitterAndGrease

This came from a greatesh hits album.

This one too

So yeah I miss them

JesseBabe

Yes, tbh. I don't think there's a point in having them now with streaming. You literally can just make a playlist of your favorite tracks from an artist because you have their whole discography at your finger tips. I always felt like it was a quick cash grab to "hold" fans over until the next era anyway, so I'm not really going to miss it.

Archived