Featured Posts

Who is the best songwriter/composer of these names:

Aaliyah

Brandy

Beyonce

Britney Spears

And why?

(1:50)

"When asked if “Everytime” was an answer song to recent ex Justin Timberlake’s “Cry Me a River,” Britney neither confirmed nor denied, saying, “I’ll let the song speak for itself.” That it did, but the piano ballad also spoke for others. Glen Hansard [Grammy and Oscar winner], still some years away from his Once breakthrough, showed this when he and Colm Maclomaire recorded their version under the Frames name. Hansard’s vocals give “Everytime” an authenticity that the press wouldn’t necessarily attribute to Britney’s breathier delivery. Do the words “I guess I need you, baby” come across as being more vulnerable when sung by a man instead of a woman? In any case, the lyrics come from Britney, and Hansard sings them with all the conviction they deserve, making for a powerful cover. – Patrick Robbins

http://www.covermesongs.com/2020/05/the-best-britney-spears-covers-ever.html/3:

"Half of the Oscar-winning duo behind the film Once, Glen Hansard’s mournful delivery of Britney Spears’ strongest ballad would not have been at all out of place on the film’s soundtrack."

http://www.covermesongs.com/2010/11/the-ten-best-britney-spears-covers-youve-probably-never-heard.html

"I did a couple of songs with Robyn, and she was mates with the whole Swedish crowd around Max Martin. She played them the tracks that we’d done, and they really liked them, and said, “Hey, we should bring Britney around.” She just came around to the place where I’d worked on the Frou Frou material, and initially I wasn’t quite sure what to do because she’s famous for her more dance-y songs, and I’m not. But it all turned out great. She had the root idea for “Everytime” (on her album In the Zone), and I could really tell that her heart was in it. I knew what my mission was. I could see the picture. She believed in the song, and I had to find a way to present it that was true to the simple emotion of it. It was a joy to do.

At the time, Britney had started to play the piano a bit, and she could certainly play well enough to spell out the root chords. She’d show me what she had, and I would say, “Well, here’s how we could fill this out.” We both knew where it needed to go, so I could color it in after she’d sung the main vocal. I love it when I get the vocal very early on, and I’m free to experiment with arrangement ideas while always hearing that final vocal. I love it when it can happen that way, though not every time is like that.

We both knew we had to avoid all the cheezy power ballad cliches. No windchimes into the chorus. No giant snare drums. I loved it."

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/09/from-bjork-to-britney-songwriter-and-producer-guy-sigsworth-on-being-a-kindred-spirit-in-the-studio/5/

Archived