opinion

Megarate: FIRST FOUR - Kylie Minogue

Anveeroy

Confirm your participation   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

First Four is a collective megarate on Kylie Minogue's first four studio albums! We will rate all of the tracks of the four albums, and the result will be published not collectively, more like album-wise. To avoid four different threads, and save time - the collection megarate idea has been developed. 

Kylie-album-covers.jpg

Rules: 

1) You have to rate (1-10) each and every track of the album. 

2) Multiple ZEROES are not allowed. 

3) Trolling is prohibited. 

4) You have to listen to all of the songs, and rate them. You can't give a zero to a song which you have never listened. 

5) Please state your GagaDaily Name when submitting the rates. If you change your username after submission, please let me know! 

tumblr_po1xk2YHgw1tnq32io1_400.gifv

Submit your rates here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Jm_-hc8LfGF-G-a_qasY0617rT8pPLfZLO3F6euMvJM/

Last Date of Submission: 30th May, 2020

CEREMONY: 31st May, 2020

b4d54ae02891fc8a05396ad60a64956c.gif

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
Anveeroy

Kylie (1988) 

51-eeVso0aL._SY355_.jpg

Kylie is the debut studio album by Australian recording artist Kylie Minogue, released on 4 July 1988 by Mushroom Records. Minogue had established herself as a child actress before signing to the record label in early 1987. The success of her debut single, "Locomotion", resulted in her working with Stock, Aitken and Waterman, who produced the album and wrote nine of its ten tracks. Their recording sessions, which started in September 1987 and took place in London and Melbourne, coincided with Minogue filming for the soap opera Neighbours.

Musically, Kylie is a bubblegum pop and dance-pop album. It received mixed reviews from contemporary music critics who criticized its dated production. It was a commercial success, peaking at number one in the United Kingdom for six weeks and becoming the best-selling album of 1988. It is her only number-one album in New Zealand, while peaking at number two in her native Australia. In the United States, it was certified gold for selling over 500,000 copies. Kylie was certified six times platinum in the United Kingdom and has sold over five million copies worldwide.

Listen to the album: 

Spoiler

Anveeroy

Enjoy Yourself (1989) 

R-436651-1336198951.jpeg.jpg

Enjoy Yourself is the second studio album by Australian recording artist Kylie Minogue, released on 9 October 1989 by Pete Waterman Entertainment (PWE) and Mushroom Records. In the United States, it was released in 1990 by Geffen Records. Following the success of her self-titled debut album, Minogue reunited with the producers Stock Aitken Waterman, who produced and wrote nine of the album's ten tracks, in London in February 1989. The recording sessions took place there from February until July, coinciding with Minogue filming her first feature film The Delinquents.

Enjoy Yourself is a bubblegum pop, dance-pop, and disco album that discusses mainly romantic relationships. It received mixed reviews from music critics, who criticised its similarity with her debut release. In the United Kingdom, it debuted at number one with pre-sales of over 600,000 copies and became the sixth best-selling album of 1989. The album was certified four times platinum by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) in January 1990. It also peaked in the top ten in Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Australia and New Zealand. It failed to find an audience in the United States, and Minogue was dropped as an act by Geffen Records.

Listen to the album: 

Spoiler

Anveeroy

Rhythm of Love (1990)

R-2050244-1352691299-9056.jpeg.jpg

Rhythm of Love is the third studio album by Australian singer Kylie Minogue, released on 12 November 1990 by Pete Waterman Entertainment (PWE) in the UK, and on 3 December 1990 by Mushroom Records in Australia.In contrast to her previous studio albums, Stock Aitken Waterman were the primary producers of the album, along with new producers and collaborations including Keith Cohen, Stephen Bray and Michael Jay. At the age of 22 at the time, Minogue started to become independently more involved in the process of creating and arranging the project compared to her two previous efforts, resulting in the album directing her to a new path in her career, with a more sexual image and a more dance-influenced sound. Rhythm of Love deals with many subjects including her real-time adulthood, cheating, having fun, bad boys, crushes and relationships.

Upon its release, Rhythm of Love received generally positive reviews from music critics. Many complimented it as her best work with Stock Aitken Waterman, along with critics praising Minogue herself for stepping out of her comfort zone. The album spawned four singles, sometimes referred to as "The Golden Quartet". "Better the Devil You Know", the lead single, became one of Minogue's biggest successes, charting inside the top 20 in Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Israel, Sweden and France. Minogue promoted the album with her Rhythm of Love Tour in Australia and Asia. Rhythm of Love is considered by many to be a definitive turning point in Minogue's career, noted for successfully beginning a departure from the bubblegum pop sound of her first two albums and showing her as a more mature, credible musical adult artist.

Listen to the album:

Spoiler

Anveeroy

Let's Get To It (1991) 

R-6619049-1423226273-1864.jpeg.jpg

Let's Get to It is the fourth studio album by Australian recording artist Kylie Minogue, released on 14 October 1991 by Pete Waterman Entertainment (PWE) in the UK, and on 25 November 1991 by Mushroom Records in Australia. Critically, the album drew a mixed reception. Most critics noticed a change in Minogue's image, but criticised the album's songwriting. Let's Get to It remains Minogue's least successful studio album to date, missing the top ten in both her native Australia and United Kingdom. Nonetheless, it was certified gold in Australia. A promotional tour entitled Let's Get to It Tour managed to have success around Europe.

Listen to the album:

Spoiler

Blown Away

I'm in. Loved to read the stories behind each album :happy:

Only one zero though? I'll have a very hard time choosing only one out of such a massive amount of songs :bradley:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

bionic

I need a rest from all these megarates :laughga: but I will get it done

buy bionic

Anveeroy
53 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

I'm in. Loved to read the stories behind each album :happy:

Only one zero though? I'll have a very hard time choosing only one out of such a massive amount of songs :bradley:

Per album, one zero!

And we will gave four sections for four albums at the ceremony. :heart:

Anveeroy
26 minutes ago, bionic said:

I need a rest from all these megarates :laughga: but I will get it done

no worries, you have time til 30th may

Anveeroy
26 minutes ago, GaGaLB said:

I'm in

Yaay!