Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Xtina won grammy over Britney, but who stayed relevant? ?

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

Jose P
1 minute ago, Britney Jean1 said:

they both released in 2016 Britney single landed in #17 on the HOT #100 while Xtina single landed in #1 in the bubbling under

Who tf cares? I love Britney but let’s be real. No one other than pop stans give a sh*t about Britney’s music anymore. Neither Xtina nor Britney are relevant anymore and that’s fine. Stop this petty and childish fight, we’re not in 2004 anymore. This stupid Xtina vs Britney thing is old and tired and beaten to death. Grow tf up 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skabi
8 hours ago, plasticalice said:

but dancing can be learned by any artist.

truly any artist

giphy.gif

Britney Jean1
2 hours ago, Runway said:

Britney has not “stayed relevant” in any way shape or form lmao

You need to have back-up arguments sweetie

Slim

Britney Jean1
Just now, Queen Neyde said:

truly any artist

giphy.gif

Have you seen how these new girlz are dancing!!! LMAO

Slim

BornSimon
51 minutes ago, Jose P said:

To be fair, Britney was part of the wave that made teen pop popular. She didn’t really jump on the trend, her debut album was one that sparked the teen pop genre. You can say anything you want about Britney, but she really was influential in the pop scene during her peak. And I know the fact that she’s a manufactured pop star bothers many and makes them discredit her influence, but the truth is the truth

But anyways, both Britney and Xtina are great artists and I don’t support the notion of pitting them against each other as if we were in 2003

First things first: LOVE MARILYN MANSON.

Anyway, being influencial and changing the industry are two different things. Many record companies tried to create their own Britney Spears and they all pretty much failed, but Britney's explosion in the world of teen pop was a consequence of something that had started a couple of years earlier. The Spice Girls, Aqua, Hanson, the Backstreet Boys, N Sync... they all dominated the pop scene. Britney arrived later and was clearly marketed for the same audience (not to mention that she literally a mix of the Spice Girls image-wise and the Backstreet Boys and N Sync musically).

I agree that pitting women against each other is ****ing stupid, in fact I didn't comment on the original post, just on the comment that said that Britney changed the industry as if she didn't come after a bunch of pop acts that paved the way for her.

Davian
4 minutes ago, Twitter said:

@Davian I’m surprised your name didn’t come up in this thread. :enigma:

It did tho:enigma: I commented and I got tagged too:enigma:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Britney Jean1
Just now, BornSimon said:

Britney arrived later and was clearly marketed for the same audience (not to mention that she literally a mix of the Spice Girls image-wise and the Backstreet Boys and N Sync musically).

They didn't sold 100M albums, being the first teen to have star on the walk of fame,, receiving the icon award, millennium award and vanguard award, they didn't have iconic performances aka slave+ Like a Virgin, they didn't have more than 20 music video on youtube to be certified, they can't have a top #20 hit after 20 years in their career, they didn't perform live with Michael Jackson. Britney is already categorised with legends. we can analyse why she did it and why not everybody else. I think she have that IT factor that not everyone can have it. so you must get over it.

Slim

BornSimon
1 minute ago, Britney Jean1 said:

They didn't sold 100M albums, being the first teen to have star on the walk of fame,, receiving the icon award, millennium award and vanguard award, they didn't have iconic performances aka slave+ Like a Virgin, they didn't have more than 20 music video on youtube to be certified, they can't have a top #20 hit after 20 years in their career, they didn't perform live with Michael Jackson. Britney is already categorised with legends. we can analyse why she did it and why not everybody else. I think she have that IT factor that not everyone can have it. so you must get over it.

Don't be so aggressive, it's not cute at all.

The day that Britney Spears sells out the stadiums that the Spice Girls sold out last year come back and talk to me. You speak out of ignorance, you seem to know absolutely nothing about the Spice Girls (or the other acts I mentioned for that matter).

Britney Jean1
Just now, BornSimon said:

Don't be so aggressive, it's not cute at all.

The day that Britney Spears sells out the stadiums that the Spice Girls sold out last year come back and talk to me. You speak out of ignorance, you seem to know absolutely nothing about the Spice Girls (or the other acts I mentioned for that matter).

Britney sold over 50K tix in her show in london in 2018 same in Israel so?

Slim

I'd say the right artist won. Especially since the Grammy Britney did get was for a song where she had another person's vocals disguised as her own. Not cute. Also, at the time Christina had 3 #1 singles from the same album and Britney only had one.

BornSimon
Just now, Britney Jean1 said:

Britney sold over 50K tix in her show in london in 2018 same in Israel so?

The Spice Girls sold over 700,000 tickets for a 13-date tour last year. Literally 700,000 people went to see them just in one country in 2 months. Let's not. You talk about relevance 20 years later, well the Spice Girls came out twenty-four years ago, and they are selling out stadiums like it's the easiest thing ever, winning awards and making the news like it's 1997. You wanna talk about relevance? THAT is relevance. 

STOP pitting women against each other because you can't always win. Britney did NOT change the industry, she arrived AFTER other pop acts (male and female) paved the way for her.

AJRocketMan
16 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

Can you just go away now? You have nothing to offer this forum.

Britney Jean1
Just now, AJRocketMan said:

Can you just go away now? You have nothing to offer this forum.

What did you offer? why do you care? why did u came to this thread?

Slim

jackoajl

No one more than me would like to see a big comeback for 90's bubblegum pop star like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson or Mandy Moore. There was a time I lived for everyone of them, but know that music has become more deep and diverse I've seen there was not substance in their music and now in 2020 they have no star power anymore, there's nothing left just to remember those amazing days in music. I miss 90's music, 90's MTV. 

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

Archived