đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Xtina won grammy over Britney, but who stayed relevant? ?

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

Britney Jean1
Just now, Jonathan2244 said:

Britney has a Grammy though?

No she didn't, the producer of the record (Toxic) won the award not her 

Slim

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ally Campana
Just now, Ryusei said:

She won one for toxic. Best dance recording

Just now, Ally Campana said:

She won 1 for Toxic. Best Dance Recording.

Same exact wording at the same exact time :poot:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Ryusei
1 minute ago, Britney Jean1 said:

NO

fake fan :poot: 

Musery

Ryusei

The recording artist gets a grammy too. Dua got one for Electricity 

Musery

TWICE on hatius

I personally dislike both of them after 2010. But we’re living 2020, where both have a solid status in pop culture and no longer have to compete with anyone. 
Time to change your calendar and stop having this Perez Hilton tea with all these pointless threads. 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Anveeroy

To whom it may concern - 

"The Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording is an award presented at the Grammy Awards, a ceremony that was established in 1958 and originally called the Gramophone Awards, to recording artists for works containing quality vocal performances in the dance music genre. Honors in several categories are presented at the ceremony annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States to "honor artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to album sales or chart position." 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

thehanyo

Why would Britney ever deserve a Grammy? She has nothing to do with her music.

Christina lost momentum with her Stripped album success and her next album only came out 4 years after, Back to basics was still a huge success but she then took another 4 years for a pretty non innovative basic album like Bionic which just tried to follow the trend of the time in 2010 and didn't show off her voice and creativity at all. That's when things started to go downhill for her 

Pennywise

What's with these new ten year old people trying to start unnecessary fights :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Dadru
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Christina lost momentum with her Stripped album success and her next album only came out 4 years after, Back to basics was still a huge success but she then took another 4 years for a pretty non innovative basic album like Bionic which just tried to follow the trend of the time in 2010 and didn't show off her voice and creativity at all. That's when things started to go downhill for her 

Bionic was ahead of it's time :vegas:

gagaisitalian

Britney will forever be seen as more iconic and entertaining, sadly that's based on both good and bad things, but she delivered the entire "Hollywood" story in it's truest form and had a excellent comeback (even if things aren't so happy at home right now). 

And for those who are saying Britney was popular because she showed some skin, I'd like to remind you (this isn't shade, I just don't know why y'all are pointing out that Britney was more "sexy"):

191217130752-02-christina-aguilera-midri

TWICE on hatius
2 minutes ago, Dadru said:

Bionic was ahead of it's time :vegas:

I wouldn’t say it’s that innovative. But there are the highs like Elastic Love and Vanity being the most interesting things coming out of her discography. Her ballads on that album are also superb. 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

ItsCaseyPaul

What is this thread even?

They're both talented in their own ways. They both can be considered iconic for many many things..?

It's not a competition. Just because one "is more relevant" nowadays (and let's be completely honest, now : Glory wasn't her best album commercially and her singles Make me (Ooh) and Slumber Party didnt have the staying power her previous hits had. I would barely call her relevant at this time, love), it doesn't even remotely compare talent, star power and influence. Take Cher for example. She's one of the most iconic singers of all time. Her latest album, Dancing Queen didnt do all that well. That doesn't make her any less of an artist with star power.

Those awards are from the 90's/early 2000's. Time to move on, sis.

gretchen amp GIF

yes and
17 hours ago, Britney Jean1 said:

I'm all for that cute girl that changed the music industry 

I was speaking about them in the Grammys context. 
Anyway, that girl doesn't exist anymore. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived