💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Xtina won grammy over Britney, but who stayed relevant? ?

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

Gypsy Life

Neither are relevant, but Xtina rightfully earned her Grammy because she had talent.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BattleForYourLife

Christina deserved her Grammy that year. If you look up most pop stars’ musical inspirations nowadays most of them say Christina Aguilera. Even Britney herself said she wishes should could sing like her. Also if she has been flopping since 2006 why did she win another grammy in 2015? Why did she get another two Grammy nominations for Liberation in 2018? 

Mean Girls Shut Up GIF by filmeditor

babble on.

Divine
12 hours ago, Wixson said:

So, you created a thread asking a question only to pick a fight with everyone who disagrees with you? :poot:

This. I can't even, :enigma: if you just support your fav artist with just shoving to everyone's throat their chart positions/sales to only prove both's level of "relevancy" (or who is better), please stop. :saladga: The two girls are amazing and impacted pop music in their own unique ways. I like Britney, but not for her charts but for the impact she made so as xtina!  

Grow up + /thread

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

jackoajl
14 hours ago, Wixson said:

So, you created a thread asking a question only to pick a fight with everyone who disagrees with you? :poot:

That was my first thought too.

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

The Child
6 hours ago, drcosmonauta said:

Britney, who?

tumblr_mj9gguNgwc1qks7tpo1_500.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

On 5/18/2020 at 2:22 PM, SabadoDeGloria said:

They have both ebbed and flowed. I'm not sure their last two albums are any more relevant than one another. I personally prefer Christina because she always has been more of an "album artist" and I really prefer an entire, cohesive album to sharp singles (Britney obviously would win the single-war). I actually love Liberation, it is one of my favorite albums of 2018. I think the "album artist" route and reputation has led to Christina having more success with awards entities. Liberation itself got two Grammy nominations despite being labeled a "flop". 

I don't think their relevance "over" one another is relevant at this point. They're both legends and it seems like both are at a place where they are making the music they want to. Let's be honest, as a pop girl, it's really not worth chasing the charts after 35 (not in the streaming era, at least). Just focus on the music you want to make.

Neither are legends. They're icons - Britney being the bigger one

Britney Jean1
16 hours ago, FeedMyARTPOP said:

Christina deserved her Grammy that year. If you look up most pop stars’ musical inspirations nowadays most of them say Christina Aguilera. Even Britney herself said she wishes should could sing like her. Also if she has been flopping since 2006 why did she win another grammy in 2015? Why did she get another two Grammy nominations for Liberation in 2018? 

Mean Girls Shut Up GIF by filmeditor

Grammy doesn't reflect if you are flopping or not I guess because her work was simly not charting.. AT ALL

Slim

Britney Jean1
Just now, Rio said:

Neither are legends. They're icons - Britney being the bigger one

Britney is a legend she is there with Madonna and Micheal Jackson!

I think she is the only female the performed with them both

Slim

culturalbaptism
On 5/18/2020 at 8:48 AM, Britney Jean1 said:

I'm all for that cute girl that changed the music industry 

In what way? Britney is based in Janet Jackson and Madonna.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

1 hour ago, culturalbaptism said:

In what way? Britney is based in Janet Jackson and Madonna.

Baby One More Time video definitely changed the game.

But In The Zone is the album she best comes across as her own artist, and not based on Janet Jackson and Madonna even if it has its influences.

But there are two periods she should have "bowed out".  Either after In The Zone or after Circus, her only "comeback",

While Glory is nice, Britney Jean, Femme Fatale XFactor are just cash grabs of her in the spotlight that obviously aged her.

She may be 'passionate' about music, but you're not really supposed to regress as a performer in confidence the way she has etc...  But she is a cash cow, first and foremost.

BattleForYourLife
5 hours ago, Britney Jean1 said:

Grammy doesn't reflect if you are flopping or not I guess because her work was simly not charting.. AT ALL

If that’s the case then why are you so pressed that Christina won over Britney  :billie:

babble on.

Britney Jean1
Just now, FeedMyARTPOP said:

If that’s the case then why are you so pressed that Christina won over Britney  :billie:

I'm not 

Slim

BattleForYourLife
1 minute ago, Britney Jean1 said:

I'm not 

“Xtina won grammy over Britney, but who stayed relevant? ?”

200.gif

babble on.

culturalbaptism
10 hours ago, mzncb said:

Baby One More Time video definitely changed the game.

But In The Zone is the album she best comes across as her own artist, and not based on Janet Jackson and Madonna even if it has its influences.

But there are two periods she should have "bowed out".  Either after In The Zone or after Circus, her only "comeback",

While Glory is nice, Britney Jean, Femme Fatale XFactor are just cash grabs of her in the spotlight that obviously aged her.

She may be 'passionate' about music, but you're not really supposed to regress as a performer in confidence the way she has etc...  But she is a cash cow, first and foremost.

Oh please, as if Madonna hasn't done it before with Erotica and Janet with janet.

She's so "passionate" about her music that she doesn't even sing in Britney Jean, her most "personal" record to this day.

Meanwhile Christina miss Voice of a Generation inspired countless current pop girls. There's a reason Christina won best new artist. Christina was even more successful than Britney. Don't forget that Britney era was a massive underperformance while Stripped have 4 top 10s.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Archived