💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Your Favorite Solo Artist?

March34th

Featured Posts

March34th

I love discovering new music/artists from GGD,so:

Comment your favorite solo musician (besides Gaga), when/how you discovered them, and your top 3 favorite songs by them :staymad: (+ bonus question: a special memory relating to them:kara:)

~~~~

My fave is St. Vincent :kara::heart:

When/How I discovered her: Last June, I was scrolling down my YouTube recommended section and saw the music video for Los Ageless, clicked on it out of curiosity and was floored :firega: I immediately fell down a rabbit hole listening to her discography and have been obsessed ever since :messga:

My top 3:  Hang on Me, Psychopath, Paris is Burning

A special memory: When I first discovered her, it was a very distressing time in my life, around the end of a significant relationship I was in, a big move with my family, and my last suicide attempt at the beginning of September, so listening to her music reminds me of those days - and of how much I have grown as a person and what I have been able to overcome. A lot of her songs  (especially from MASSEDUCTION) also give off bad b*tch vibes and listening to them makes me feel strong and confident in my own skin :heart: I also have an almost identical vocal range to hers so covering her songs is always super fun :ally:

gumzy3000

Taylor Swift :wub:

When/How I discovered her: In 2007, my sister who is 2 years older than me showed me Teardrops on my Guitar and Our Song. I really liked her and my sister and me would listen to these 2 songs all the time but we kinda made fun of Taylor for being so dramatic :teehee:

My top 3:  State of Grace, Style, All Too Well 

A special memory: Before I even knew I was gay, I told my guy friends in middle school to listen to her and they said it was "gay". So I told them I only listened to her because she was hot and I showed them pictures of her and they all lost their minds :ladyhaha:

trolly troll troll

Gracious Gaga

At the moment

Kim Petras!

♄ Kindness Police.

KatieJudasGaga4

My favorite solo artist (besides Gaga ofc) is Mariah Carey.

I always knew how extremely talented she is and I already knew some songs by her songs such as All I Want For Christmas is You, Vision of Love, Fantasy, Hero, We Belong Together, Honey, Obsessed, Emotions and Touch My Body, but nothing deeper from her discography. 

I became interested in her when I was watching this Best Live Vocal compilation and her performance of Vision of Love at Saturday Night Live was showing and I was extremely impressed by her vocals. I started listening to more of her work, with the help of @Mirages and I loved majority of the songs I've heard and became a fan. I love her so much and she's made a huge impact in the music industry. 

My top 3 songs: Can't Let Go, Without You, Vision of Love

My top 3 albums: Emotions, Daydream, Mariah Carey (debut)

A special memory: I went to see her Christmas show in November of last year. I was already going through something traumatizing that day and her show made me happy. She always lights up my mood during the holidays and I appreciate her for doing that. I adore her so much.

9 minutes ago, March34th said:

I love discovering new music/artists from GGD,so:

Comment your favorite solo musician (besides Gaga), when/how you discovered them, and your top 3 favorite songs by them :staymad: (+ bonus question: a special memory relating to them:kara:)

~~~~

My fave is St. Vincent :kara::heart:

When/How I discovered her: Last June, I was scrolling down my YouTube recommended section and saw the music video for Los Ageless, clicked on it out of curiosity and was floored :firega: I immediately fell down a rabbit hole listening to her discography and have been obsessed ever since :messga:

My top 3:  Hang on Me, Psychopath, Paris is Burning

A special memory: When I first discovered her, it was a very distressing time in my life, around the end of a significant relationship I was in, a big move with my family, and my last suicide attempt at the beginning of September, so listening to her music reminds me of those days - and of how much I have grown as a person and what I have been able to overcome. A lot of her songs  (especially from MASSEDUCTION) also give off bad b*tch vibes and listening to them makes me feel strong and confident in my own skin :heart: I also have an almost identical vocal range to hers so covering her songs is always super fun :ally:

You took the words right outta my mouth.

my other option would have been Janet Jackson or Kate Bush. But yes, St Vincent! Gaga needs to collaborate with her if she ever does a rock album

LOVE JUNKIE

My fave is Elion Gimoni

When/How I discovered her: I guess it would have been the first time I looked in a mirror.

My Top 3: Well they've yet to release :laughga: But rumour has it a single is coming in June :ohwell:

A special memory: I guess my entire life up til this point

:awkney:

on a three day bender

Archduchess

It's isn't a solo artist but functions as such:

Weyes Blood 

sub pop jump GIF by Sub Pop Records

huttont

Hozier - I discovered him through Take Me to Church but never listened to the rest of his music until my girlfriend (now wife) showed me the third song I listed and I had to give his album a listen. He has only two albums but they are both perfection.

1. From Eden

2. Almost (Sweet Music)

3. In A Week

Special Memory: Seeing him in concert with my wife bc he’s a favorite of both of ours.

Bobbylon

For me it's Lana del Rey:lana:
I discovered her in 2013 when I saw her add on TV  (at first I thought that she's singing french:huntyga:)
The first line I've heard was "feet don't fail me now". After seeing it for a few times I decided to check her out. I saw born to die music video and the visuals made me bisexual. After that I started to listen to blue jeans and national anthem, all unreleased stuff and as I was hyped af Ultraviolence came out and it made me a stan.
Now I listen to her almost daily and she's very inspirational to me.
Fav songs: Venice Bitch, West Coast, Terrence Loves You.
Fav albums: NFR, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon:lana:

Secret

My fave is Tove Lo 

When/How I discovered her: really don't remember, ofc I loved Habits when it came out but I fully discovered her in the last three years

My top 3:  Moments, Hey you got drugs?, Swettalk my Heart

A special memory: I just recieved by first ever merch by any artist and tagged her in insta story and she just viewed it, which is cool! I love her and all of her music is really special to me!

Glamourpuss

Taylor Swift

When/How: When Love Story was released. I saw the mv on a music channel and checked out her album and became an instant fan. I liked how cute, pretty and girly she was back then and I loved her curly hair.

taylor-swift-in-2007.jpg

My top 3: All too well, Begin Again, Wonderland

A special memory: Playing the 1989 album in the Album Arena game hosted by @Mikolaj and turning @SamanthaC into a Swiftie. Sorry for being cheesy but Wonderland is a special song to me because it reminds me of the early days when we became friends. :heart:

blankpaper

Alison Wonderland. I don’t remember how i discovered her—just heard a few songs and liked them and went from there. She’s the reigning queen of EDM right now and is really forging a path for women in a very male-dominated genre. She also sings live at her shows and is a classically trained cellist (and plays it at shows sometimes—she manages to incorporate cello into trap. A god)

top 3 songs:

Spoiler

a memory: Coachella 2018 - she played the headlining slot at the Sahara tent. I had a migraine and skipped a bunch of sets I had wanted to see that day and I fcking rallied and made it through hers. It was the day Avicii died and she played Levels as a tribute and I’ll never forget her standing up on the decks and yelling “rest in power Avicii!”

reality’s tight if the music is right

JRCF29

Who: Marina

How/When I Discovered Her: I went to Boston Calling in 2019 (for Brandi Carlile and Rolling Blackouts CF) and got into her music when I looked her up; I've been a semi-stan since. 

My Top 3: Froot, I Am Not A Robot, Homewrecker

Special Memory: Seeing her @ BC2019, witnessing a mini-fight in the crowd

Don't Call Me Gaga

March34th
41 minutes ago, Rio said:

You took the words right outta my mouth.

my other option would have been Janet Jackson or Kate Bush. But yes, St Vincent! Gaga needs to collaborate with her if she ever does a rock album

omg a gaga x st vincent collab :messga: the COLLAPSE. I need it :firega:

Gimme More

Britney Spears

original.jpg

She is pop perfection, but what makes me a stan her is her personality, she is such a sweet and down to earth person. No matter all the sh*t she's gone through, she's still there standing and wanting everyone to be positive and looks for the positives in life. I admire her for everything she's gone through and still being here today. Her music and her just being her have honestly brought so much joy to my life, especially whenever i've felt down. I will never stan someone as much as I stan her. I can't explain the amount her music lifts my spirits, i've had the best times seeing her live and i've been fortunate enough to meet her twice and had amazing experiences :)

I could write so much more, but I just think she's an amazing human being, who is nothing but sweet to everyone and deserves her freedom & the world. 

I first discovered her when I was super young, my first ever CD was Oops I did it Again! I can't remember exactly how I discovered her, but I know i've always been drawn to her. I couldn't possibly pick my top 3 songs of hers :bradley:

Sorry if I got too deep :ladyhaha:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived