Your Favorite Solo Artist?

March34th

Featured Posts

HeavyPunkLover

Ehm.... Gaga :triggered:

all others answers are invalid :stalkga:

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

Poltergeist

For me the only artist equal to Gaga is Banks, although they're totally different

How I found out about her: My first 'love' introduced me to her, and I found her music boring as **** :laughga: I started loving her about a year later, like a week after she was in the city I'm now living in

Top 3: Would be too hard to choose just 3, so let's go with 3 bops and 3 songs to cry to :triggered:

Top bops: Poltergeist (duh), Godless, Gemini Feed/Stroke/Till Now (yes, all of those 3 are my number 3 :triggered:)

Top songs to cry to: Under The Table, Someone New, Poltergeist when the mood hits right, I identify the quote 'I've been getting messages from my deep waters' with my depression, who's luckily buried six feet deep

Special memories: Sadly, never got to see her live, I was supposed to finally do it in July, but Corona :bradley: But I've got lots of good and bad memories, hours of crying with her after break ups, facing moving to a new city completely alone with Poltergeist, tears of happiness simply because of sounds, annoying my neighbors with the bass, GREAT sex to her naughty beats, having her face sealed with ink in me forever...

It's already on a spiritual level. I wish everyone to find an artist Banks is for me 

rupauls drag race raven GIF

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

T3ARS

Beyonce

beyonce lemonade GIF

Found out about her when she was still in Destiny's Child and I knew, even from a young age, that she was THAT GIRL! Been a fan (highkey stan) ever since!

Top 3 : Haunted, 6 Inch, Grown Woman

Special Memory: Beyonce's "Check On It" was the first song I ever learned the entire choreography for and performed for my fans, LIVE from my bedroom :flutter:

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Ronk

There are several artists I love right behind Gaga, but I'll pick Ariana because I like her singing ability the best.  I don't know when I discovered her.  I never watched Victorious, so it was after that.  I remember a 2015 photo of her and Gaga.

My three favorite Ariana songs are No Tears Left To Cry, Breathin, and Break Free.

My special memory was her Sweetener tour In Philadelphia on June 24, 2019.   I loved it.  So many amazing moments in that concert.  Four minutes from my seat:

I live outside the space time continuum.

• 4 weeks later...
FrederickSpears

Britney Spears is my favorite artist of all-time and always will be.

britney spears GIF

I've loved this girl since I was a kid, and I have all her albums, etc. and she's literally one of the sweetest popstars ever. She is so down to earth, she has such iconic music videos, iconic tours, iconic performances, and the list goes on and on. She is a living legend. I can never pick 3 songs of hers, that's not even possible.

My queen: Madonna

My top 3? Express Yourself, Like a Prayer & till Death do us part/Bad Girl

How i discovered her? My dad played her and i fell in love when she released confessions (stories i’ve been told) so i got the cd (still have it) and bopped to it all days when i was a kid. After awhile i discovered new artists but went back to Madonna last year. I’m also collecting records by her:)

Red Velvet

Who: Taylor Swift

Top 3: I'd say Begin Again, Don't Blame Me and Beautiful Eyes.

How I discovered her: I was a broken hearted elementary school student and Teardrops on My Guitar was not a song, it was a meditation session.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Magui

The only solo artist I remember being obsessed much as Gaga it is Alanis Morissette in my teen years, my early twenties. It  started in 1996/97 with Jagged Little Pill when I got my hands on the album that a friend borrowed me and later I bought. 

• 3 weeks later...
TrebleBassHeart

Celine Dion

celine dion cd GIF

When/How: 1997

When I was a kid around 5 years old, I used to watch VH1 and MTV just to listen to the music in the music videos.  It played a huge part in exposing me to different types of music and artists that I had never heard of before, especially since I was 5 and didn’t know that many anyway. I remember watching VH1 one day and the music video for “My Heart Will Go On” came on. Titanic had either just been released or was about to be and I remember thinking that the video was neat, but the person singing in the video sounded like no one that I had ever heard before and I liked the song. I became a big fan of Celine Dion, and she became my favorite singer when I was just 5 years old. Celine and Gaga are my top 2 favorite singers of all time.

Top 3 Songs: "My Heart Will Go On",  "That's the Way It Is",  and  "Love Can Move Mountains"

Special Memory: This year actually! I finally got to see Celine in concert for the very first time back in January and it was a bucket list item of mine. Absolutely loved it and she sounds just as amazing live. :heart:

I make Gaga remixes: https://www.youtube.com/user/SharonPorterMusic91

• 4 months later...
Cello

Britney Spears

britney spears basketball GIF

I've been a fan of Britney for practically my whole life. The soundtrack to my life growing up was her first 3 albums. She's been through so much and is still such an incredible and strong person, I'm so thankful she's still with us today. :heart:

Top 3 songs: Overprotected, Born To Make You Happy, Everytime

Michael Jackson 

michael jackson grammy GIF

Self-explanatory - the undisputed King of Pop. :firega:

Aside from his enormous talent, the thing I like most about his music & visuals is how he addresses important messages such as racism, war, police brutality and environmental disaster, and encourages the world to love one another. He also has countless killer bops which are timeless. 

My 3 favourite songs at the moment: Stranger In Moscow, They Don't Care About Us, PYT

What I would consider his 'big 3': Billie Jean, Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal

Billie Eilish

Amas 2019 GIF by AMAs

I actually first decided to listen properly to Billie after she swept the Grammys. I thought, this girl has got to have an impressive album to be doing so well! And I became obsessed instantly. I love her sound, her carefree but passionate personality and her fashion. 

Top 3 songs: everything i wanted, idontwannabeyouanymore, bellyache

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived