💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

'Avatar' Sequels BTS

COOOK

Featured Posts

DiskoBaby
Just now, Jed said:

2 and 3 are in the bag 4 and 5 are being filmed at the same time but aren’t finished. 

Disney’s moneymaker is Marvel, Star Wars, This and like a billion other properties they own lol 

Disney lost their money maker on Star Wars a long time ago lol. 

And Marvel will still be big but they wont be 'Endgame' big for a long time. So Disney is moving on anothrr franchise to get those big bucks. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reginald

Nnn the replies to that tweet :air: they really said no one can even name a single character from the first movie :toofunny:

elijahfan

I enjoyed the first one a lot, but this is slightly worrying that they'd want to shoot so many sequels at once... I mean, imagine if the sequel flops, and then they have 2 other movies on their hands to release :duck: I'm getting franchise fatigue already, and it's not even a franchise yet.... Cameron, you'd better bring it.

Lona Delery

i doubt these will come anywhere close to the original's success. The original came out over 10 years ago, didnt it? And noone really asked for a sequel :toofunny: i dont want it to flop, but i fear it will

for most people, movie 1 was just "Pocahontas but it looked really pretty and realistic" so idk what theyre gonna bring to the table for all the sequels

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

elijahfan
13 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Nnn the replies to that tweet :air: they really said no one can even name a single character from the first movie :toofunny:

I feel like the first one was such a success mainly because of the curiosity factor regarding new technologies, James Cameron's name and inflated ticket prices because of 3D. But the truth is... the story wasn't particularly groundbreaking and characters didn't really pass the test of time. I hope Cameron didn't bite off more than he can chew with those sequels.

uo111
43 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Disappointed? I was more than happy that it wasn't about sequels to a movie which was so disrespectful to its origins :laughga:  :interestinga: 

Ew I didn’t mean that m night shamalame ****

gagzus

although the real selling point for the original was a fully motion captured movie in 3D, and that's now just common- and I don't think that story wise it'll be amazing; BUT those visuals look so gorgeous in the concept art

gagzus
31 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Disney lost their money maker on Star Wars a long time ago lol. 

And Marvel will still be big but they wont be 'Endgame' big for a long time. So Disney is moving on anothrr franchise to get those big bucks. 

i feel like Marvel's gonna be Disney's moneymaker for a while tbh, they ruined Star Wars for us hardcore fans ESPECIALLY in TLJ and TROS so that's out the window even with the GoT heads directing the new ones.

Once the MCU has the Fantastic Four and X-Men up and running they will have another two decades worth of material maybe even more, that can bring in the money. Especially with X-Men where their most famous storylines can take an entire Saga each EASILY.

DiskoBaby
10 minutes ago, gagzus said:

i feel like Marvel's gonna be Disney's moneymaker for a while tbh, they ruined Star Wars for us hardcore fans ESPECIALLY in TLJ and TROS so that's out the window even with the GoT heads directing the new ones.

Once the MCU has the Fantastic Four and X-Men up and running they will have another two decades worth of material maybe even more, that can bring in the money. Especially with X-Men where their most famous storylines can take an entire Saga each EASILY.

This is true, but money wise, they might be making the same amount they did 2014 for these movies. They'll top the box office sure, people will see them, but the era of Marvel breaking records and becoming the biggest movies isn't going to happen for a long time. It's going to feel more like a commitment to see each movie rather than being excited to see them. 

TheSlash
24 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Ew I didn’t mean that m night shamalame ****

But this is clearly tagged as "movie". So, unless I missed a good movie about the source material, I think it's clear for me to assume you talked about that non-existing movie (*cough* which is garbage *cough* :reductive: )

Ew, David!

gagzus
6 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

This is true, but money wise, they might be making the same amount they did 2014 for these movies. They'll top the box office sure, people will see them, but the era of Marvel breaking records and becoming the biggest movies isn't going to happen for a long time. It's going to feel more like a commitment to see each movie rather than being excited to see them. 

I think if they can make the most boring and the least developed superheroes in the comics (The Avengers) into household names and make their core fanbase commit to 20 something movies, they can do it again for the most developed and most loved groups.

For example, if they build up Doctor Doom as the big-bad as it seems they will for the next Saga then the final F4 movie in said Saga against him will probably become another multi billion dollar movie. Same if they manage to do The Phoenix Saga correctly, the X-Men stans (myself included) are crying out for comic accurate and epic X-Men movies and stories.

Stef666

This is one of my favorite movies. I am going to go rewatch it now.

IM GOING TO TAKE A S**T ON MY LAPTOP AND THROW IT LIKE A FRISBY YOU F***ING B**CH

Archived