Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Perfect Illusion VS Stupid Love

Yxilon

Featured Posts

Mister G

Stupid Love > Perfect Illusion. End of discussion. PI doesn’t fit with the aesthetic of Joanne. We all know that. Compared to everything else on that album, A-YO would have been a better single choice. SL may not have been the best choice as a lead from Chromatica, but it worked well for what it’s worth and the fact that it was still charting well weeks into this pandemic mess without any real promo says a lot. I don’t think PI got any real promo and I remember a week after it came out people were kinda like over it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yxilon

my feelings are that:

Fashion! is ARTPOP's Free Woman

G.U.Y. is ARTPOP's Stupid Love

Donatella is ARTPOP's Babylon

(if that makes any sense...)

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Felix Jens

It’s not that I don’t like SL . It’s very uplifting and catchy.
I was disappointed only when I realised that the leak was the actual single edit and not a demo. I wanted her to give it a slight makeover 
I mean I’m more excited about Free Woman .

PI is a difficult song ,

it’s a great song though and I keep on streaming it .......still!

The Melody That Ü Choose ,Can Rescue Ü

Dr Fudge

People need to stop worrying so much about the charts and just enjoy the music. I’m still dancing to stupid love because it’s a fun song. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

1 hour ago, Yxilon said:

Mediatraffic weekly singles worldwide top 50 chart:

Perfect Illusion

#5 - #29 - #28 - #31 - #40 - #47 - #43 - #49 - OUT - OUT

Stupid Love

#5 - #8 - #9 - #11 - #14 - #14 - #16 - #19 - #25 - #26 -

Stop sayin' it's been a total flop as PI, thanks :huntyga:

It's actually been way more consistent than I originally predicted it would. It's just a little too experimental to a big pop hit tbh, I knew it would never take off, even though it's a grower. It hasn't flopped like Katy's last singles too, it's done fairly well, considering it leaked a month prior to release, had leaks out last year and had no commonplace promotion. Even more so in my own country (UK), where it was #1 on radio for weeks!

How does it compare to Applause, chart-wise? 

36 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Stupid Love > Perfect Illusion. End of discussion. PI doesn’t fit with the aesthetic of Joanne. We all know that. Compared to everything else on that album, A-YO would have been a better single choice. SL may not have been the best choice as a lead from Chromatica, but it worked well for what it’s worth and the fact that it was still charting well weeks into this pandemic mess without any real promo says a lot. I don’t think PI got any real promo and I remember a week after it came out people were kinda like over it.

She was on practically every nation-wide radio station for PI. Did it get promo TV performances too? I can't recall, but it had more promo in a sense than SL. Then again, SL was added to the top position on practically every big playlist on every streaming service. It had semi-permanent banners on iTunes, billboards in the US. So I guess to some degree it had just as much promo as PI, or promo relevant to music consumption in 2020 🤷🏼‍♂️ It's done surprisingly well for a leaked song.

Yxilon
16 minutes ago, Rio said:

It's actually been way more consistent than I originally predicted it would. It's just a little too experimental to a big pop hit tbh, I knew it would never take off, even though it's a grower. It hasn't flopped like Katy's last singles too, it's done fairly well, considering it leaked a month prior to release, had leaks out last year and had no commonplace promotion. Even more so in my own country (UK), where it was #1 on radio for weeks!

How does it compare to Applause, chart-wise? 

Applause

#4 - #5 - #5 - #4 - #5 - #4 - #6 - #6 - #6 - #8 - #8 - #11 - #15 - #9 - #13 - #17 - #18 - #20 - #24 - #19 - #26 - #32 - #38 - #45

Do What U Want

#6 - #25 - #37 - #15 - #10 - #12 - #13 - #13 - #11 - #15 - #11 - #12 - #14 - #18 - #24 - #27 - #32 - #38 - #43 - #50

Never Really Over

#10 - #11 - #11 - #9 - #10 - #12 - #13 - #14 - #17 - #19 - #23 - #27 - #35 - #38 - #44 - #49

G.U.Y.

Small Talk

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Mars
21 minutes ago, Rio said:

She was on practically every nation-wide radio station for PI. Did it get promo TV performances too? I can't recall, but it had more promo in a sense than SL. Then again, SL was added to the top position on practically every big playlist on every streaming service. It had semi-permanent banners on iTunes, billboards in the US. So I guess to some degree it had just as much promo as PI, or promo relevant to music consumption in 2020 🤷🏼‍♂️ It's done surprisingly well for a leaked song.

I really don't think the leak harmed it much, SL was and is way more radio friendly than PI and preferred by the GP. The charts don't lie. 

Genuine Guy 09

Well... PI and SL have the same amount of weeks on spotify Global as of now :poot:

It's more comparable to PI than any of her other songs and the fact it got ALL that playlist support :air:

In the end though, the song will be like another mini 'Judas' in US, and probably touching that ball park WW 

We will see 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

BillieGOAT
1 hour ago, heygurlhi said:

Reveal hidden contents

plus u guys heard FW thats not better than SL :laughga:

SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT

Noir

It's not a PI level flop but I don't see it as a small hit in some countries, flop in others either like The Cure / Do What You Want / You & I. It seemed very front loaded. However it was no.1 for 5 weeks in the UK for airplay and seemed to do okay (maybe not what we wanted but not abysmal) in the UK, Canada and Australia.

1 hour ago, Mars said:

I really don't think the leak harmed it much, SL was and is way more radio friendly than PI and preferred by the GP. The charts don't lie. 

I don't think it harmed it much either tbh

Archived