celeb

Robert Pattinson refuses to work out for 'The Batman'

Featured Posts

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

You have to look the part to play the BATMAN. 

Not EVERY hero. 

You do not have to be ripped to play a superhero. So you're wrong 

According to who?

chaeri pls

The Child
6 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Yes you can be skinny and play a superhero if you are play  someone like spiderman or flash but  even they still have to have some type of anthelic build.

The point is that batman is one of the oldest super heroes  ever. he is beloved by fans for his incredibly good looks  and  intimidating persona.

You have to completely commit  to that type of role to be able to satisfy the millions of fans that love him. You have to commit physically  too and that means looking the part. 

Yall out here defending him but some of yall know the slightest about the superhero and wont even end up seeing the movie. It is the fans that would have to end up loosing another great move just because the actor did not commit .

Batman is one of my favorite superheroes along Spiderman so please don't act like you're the true real only superheroes fan here, it's just that it would be nice to have a new representation of Batman, you don't need to look like a mountain of muscles to be intimidating.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Just now, littlepotter said:

According to who?

According to common sense. You're not gonna play a character who has an immense amount of strength during fights (has no superpowers only muscles), who's been shown to work out in many scenes, in the comics as well, and relies on his strength to fight villains in the city with a slender lean body à la Spiderman or The Flash. Aquaman cannot be played with a body looking like Tom Holland

spiderman-homecoming-1.jpg?w=980&q=75

P5FUP23AJHR6F3S4HHL3ENT4LA.jpg

Jason Momoa had no problems continuing his work ethic and workout for this role which he took pretty seriously, Rob is just lazy.

It has nothing to do with body positivity. Every bodies is beautiful in their own rights and should be represented in movies but let's use common sense, let's not cast obese or overweight actors for roles that requires muscles, strength etc

Let's agree to disagree 

RenegAde
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Batman is one of my favorite superheroes along Spiderman so please don't act like you're the true real only superheroes fan here, it's just that it would be nice to have a new representation of Batman, you don't need to look like a mountain of muscles to be intimidating.

Chile  , i have said that he doesnt need to look like a bag of muscles to play this role .but he definitely  needs  to hit the gym to play batman.

If you are a batman fan then you would know how brutal comic book fans will react to this  when the movie  drops. DC Is currently  struggling in a world full of marvel hit movies. the last thing they need now is another flop movie.

If they want to represent a skinny superhero then create a new one but dont ruin a character that fans are so invested in cuz the actor doesn't  want to work out .

Agunimon

@KanyeWest Did you know you’re on Gaga Daily? People here have a heavy preference for supporting body positivity regardless of the context. 

littlepotter
Just now, KanyeWest said:

According to common sense. You're not gonna play a character who has an immense amount of strength during fights (has no superpowers only muscles), who's been shown to work out in many scenes, in the comics as well, and relies on his strength to fight villains in the city with a slender lean body à la Spiderman or The Flash. Aquaman cannot be played with a body looking like Tom Holland

spiderman-homecoming-1.jpg?w=980&q=75

P5FUP23AJHR6F3S4HHL3ENT4LA.jpg

Jason Momoa had no problems continuing his work ethic and workout for this role which he took pretty seriously, Rob is just lazy.

It has nothing to do with body positivity. Every bodies is beautiful in their own rights and should be represented in movies but let's use common sense, let's not cast obese or overweight actors for roles that requires muscles, strength etc

Let's agree to disagree 

I can't believe you are calling him obese and overweight because he just doesn't want to work out NOW during a very stressful time. Obviously the director won't keep him in the role if he doesn't look like what he wants him to look like? And obviously Robert knows what he's doing. This is about him not wanting to work out in this current situation, not ever. He says people who don't give themselves a break are part of the problem, which is so true. 

chaeri pls

RenegAde
6 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

According to who?

According to the characters  history  because batman has existed for almost a 100 years since the 1930s  and fans have an idea of him , it would not be a good idea to change that idea for the sole reasons that the actor doesn't want to work out 

If they was something in the plot and script that depicted batman being skinny  or a bit less toned in this particular movie then i would be more accepting of this . but this just sounds like robert not commiting to the role.  

Btw where have you been ,i havnt been seeing you alot on here 

littlepotter
Just now, RenegAde said:

According to the characters  history  because batman has existed for almost a 100 years since the 1930s  and fans have an idea of him , it would not be a good idea to change that idea for the sole reasons that the actor doesn't want to work out 

If they was something in the plot and script that depicted batman being skinny  or a bit less toned in this particular movie then i would be more accepting of this . but this just sounds like robert not commiting to the role.  

Btw where have you been ,i havnt been seeing you alot on here 

1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

I can't believe you are calling him obese and overweight because he just doesn't want to work out NOW during a very stressful time. Obviously the director won't keep him in the role if he doesn't look like what he wants him to look like? And obviously Robert knows what he's doing. This is about him not wanting to work out in this current situation, not ever. He says people who don't give themselves a break are part of the problem, which is so true. 

Also this is my last week of college and I'm very overwhelmed :selena: thank you for asking :hug:

chaeri pls

3 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

@KanyeWest Did you know you’re on Gaga Daily? People here have a heavy preference for supporting body positivity regardless of the context. 

I'm allowed to share my own views and opinions. 

I'm all for body positivity by the way 

Agunimon
2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I'm allowed to share my own views and opinions. 

I'm all for body positivity by the way 

Seems the intent of my post went above your head. Oh well. 

Eido

I do understand both sides. And while Robert has its point he should remember that it's also his job and he agreed on a contract to be fit and to work out for the role. He agreed on the vision the director and screenwriter have otherwise he wouldn't have even gone to the audition and the screen test. 

If he meant that he doesn't see the point of working out during the pandemic I do understand, I guess he'll just start again a few weeks before shooting again. Otherwise, the GQ article is just a way for him to pressure the studio and director. 

BleepBloop
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

Lmao .the way you pop in  on threads with a nasty  attitude is so ridiculous to me 

you would know.

Sometimes you have to kill a good old stereotype to make people evolve !

You all masc4mascs gym queens can sit now. :fthis:

Archived