💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Robert Pattinson refuses to work out for 'The Batman'

Featured Posts

"The Batman" star Robert Pattinson says he refuses to workout while quarantined, and thinks that people who exercise frequently are "part of the problem." 

"I think if you're working out all the time, you're part of the problem," Pattinson, who stars as Bruce Wayne/Batman in Matt Reeves' upcoming movie, said in a new cover story for the June/July 2020 issue of GQ magazine. 

"You set a precedent," Pattinson said of fellow actors.

"No one was doing this in the '70s. Even James Dean — he wasn't exactly ripped," he added, referring to the late actor who was known for roles in "East of Eden" and "Rebel Without a Cause."

Pattinson was in the middle of filming Reeves' movie (now scheduled for release on October 1, 2021) when production was halted in early 2020, due to the spread of the coronavirus. With filming on pause indefinitely, the 33-year-old actor said that he's not focused on staying in shape for his superhero role. 

GQ senior staff writer Zach Baron, who interviewed Pattinson, also noted that the trainer hired by Warner Bros. to work with the star gave him a Bosu ball and a weight. But Pattinson has used neither. 

"Literally, I'm just barely doing anything," the "Tenet" star said, explaining that Zoë Kravitz, who plays Selina Kyle/Catwoman in the upcoming film, has been working out five days per week while home.

https://www.insider.com/robert-pattinson-exercise-quarantine-the-batman-workout-interview-2020-5

How more wrong can he be? You're an actor playing a superhero, it's your job to look the part, he's not taking this seriously. And of course actors from the 70s didn't do this, they didn't play superheroes, James Dean never played a superhero in a DC comic movie. Rationalizing not working out for some sort of 'human right' is just weird. Sure in real life everyone should do whatever they want, but you're an actor bruh, playing the freaking Batman :awkney:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

Lmao that's why I love him :selena:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Diamond Heart

Lmao hes gonna SUCK as Batman :bradley:
Not working out? Not to mention that suit highlights that mountainous chin of your Pat. Worst Batman :ladyhaha:

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

RenegAde

Bro you have to be atleast fit to play a super hero  dont play yourself 

Inb4 his behind gets fired:lmao:

The Z

Honnestly the media wants to make men's image too unnatural. I kinda understand him, they make most kids feel sad with unrealistic expectations. Pretty much like the Kardashians with girls. 

xdxrovied

it actually makes sense, all this huge muscle men like the Hemsworth brothers are the canon now, and that's exhausting. I'd rather see a slim but fit actor than a set of unrealistic body goals

Killa

You know what bravo. Look the part my ass, he needs be fit for the physical part not for the torso shot. 

Fitness and sport are important for our health. Not for aesthethic. So many have all the abs but cant even sit straight and tall and know to properly breathe. Enough is enough. 

Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

Honnestly the media wants to make men's image too unnatural. I kinda understand him, they make most kids feel sad with unrealistic expectations. Pretty much like the Kardashians with girls. 

I think this is totally unrelated considering he's playing a role of a dc comic character. It would be super weird if for example they got Jonah Hill, a bit overweight to play the role and then him jumping around, doing very athletic moves while he has no abs, no muscle? Let's get real. 

corvus albus
1 minute ago, xdxrovied said:

it actually makes sense, all this huge muscle men like the Hemsworth brothers are the canon now, and that's exhausting. I'd rather see a slim but fit actor than a set of unrealistic body goals

That's the thing. People think now suddenly he will gain 100 pounds but actually he will just look like a normal human being. Batman has his tech so he doesn't have to look ripped.

ear condom

it's a good thing ; coz waiting for men to be " ripped " is also a toxic social demand and expectation, just like fat-shaming

i wouldn't mind a new representation of masculinity and super heroes 

324302856647211.png?type=webp&to=min&r=2

Lona Delery
Just now, KanyeWest said:

I think this is totally unrelated considering he's playing a role of a dc comic character. It would be super weird if for example they got Jonah Hill, a bit overweight to play the role and then him jumping around, doing very athletic moves while he has no abs, no muscle? Let's get real. 

but they didnt cast Jonah Hill so?

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Diamond Heart
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

But the Kardashians are real people, in the real world, advertising their appearance as something accessible and actually selling it. 
Super heros are fictional characters who are supposed to be 'super-human' and arent ever trying to be representative normal people. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Just now, Lona Delery said:

but they didnt cast Jonah Hill so?

Exactly, and let's not act like he would be perfect for the role. Being an actor is a job, nobody ever talked about body standards and whatnot. The role of Aquaman was perfect with Jason Momoa, because of his acting skills but also his body and stature, it would make zero sense if Jason was super skinny and his body not being toned. 

Archived