💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Robert Pattinson refuses to work out for 'The Batman'

Featured Posts

ToxicHot

I totally get his point.

However, he's being paid to portray one of the biggest superheroes ever. It doesn't even matter if the movie is good or not, it's all about appeal and appearances. Come on now, you're being paid to portray an iconic superhero CHARACTER, NOT the average-looking man. 

I feel like it's definitely a dream role that many other men would be so grateful to have. Maybe he should go back to romantic comedies? :billie: (no tea, no shade)

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichAssPiss
17 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

How more wrong can he be? You're an actor playing a superhero, it's your job to look the part, he's not taking this seriously. And of course actors from the 70s didn't do this, they didn't play superheroes, James Dean never played a superhero in a DC comic movie. Rationalizing not working out for some sort of 'human right' is just weird. Sure in real life everyone should do whatever they want, but you're an actor bruh, playing the freaking Batman :awkney:

This is so foolish and unresearched. Look at George Reeves Superman, or Christopher Reeves Superman, or Adam West Batman, or even Michael Keaton Batman. He is totally right. Everyone knows these modern Marvel bodies are incredibly unrealistic. By mentioning James Dean, he is referring to the fact that iconic male sex symbols of the past often had more average bodies. Whether that's Dean, or Steve MacQueen, or Burt Reynolds. There is nothing that dictates how a superhero must look. He is absolutely mocking the narrow thinking this post perpetuates. 

RainOnMeYup

YES PLEASE.

Let's stop with the idea that every ****ing person needs to be ripped. Some people are not genetically predisposed to have that potential and it puts a lot of pressure on them.

selenalavigne
18 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Honnestly the media wants to make men's image too unnatural. I kinda understand him, they make most kids feel sad with unrealistic expectations. Pretty much like the Kardashians with girls. 

are the Kardashians considered as the staple for attractiveness for women? :derpga:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Gagaplayer315

This movie is really gonna be a sh*it show huh. DC should stop with the comic movies :nails:

Bottom line though...I have to agree with him. Being shredded isn't natural for humans based off the diet/activity we're built for, and a ****boi bod does not a superhero make. 

Dexxx

lol He's only refusing to work out while on quarantine. :billie:

And if y'all not aware, this movie is focusing mainly on Batman's detective skills and not his fighting skills. So he clearly doesn't have to be that ripped and bulky. :coffee:

All I ever wanted was đŸ…»đŸ…ŸđŸ†…đŸ…Ž

Sepsami
20 hours ago, Judas Society said:

This was him for Dior campaign. This was probably taken late 2019 since the campaign was revealed January 2020. I think he looks fine. Sure, 5 months is enough for someone to be fat. But I think he meant he refused to be super buffed like Affleck or Bale.

20200225-Robert-Pattinson-02.jpg

2LDX59Sd_o.jpg

I understand him, he looks good and healthy, why would he need to get more muscle if he already looks toned :neyde: Batman isn't a bodybuilder

Fantina

Good for him. Some of you are acting like he won't work out at all. "I think if you're working out all the time, you're part of the problem," You can work out occasionally and have a great bod, what he is refusing to do is bulk up like most celebs that portray superheroes.

And those of you who preferred Christian Bale, Affleck or whoever, they will all look the same under the mask, including Pattinson, so no reason to hate there.

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

Sepsami
15 hours ago, venusinmyhead said:

THANK YOU! This picture is a friendly reminder that all you need is a cape to be a superhero.  

Are u sure? :billie:

the incredibles madonna GIF

Wixson

It's a nice sentiment but he knew what role he was signing up for. Not only could he get fired, but sued as well.

Skabi
8 hours ago, River said:

it's... not the same.

The corset adds nothing, literally nothing, to the character, it has no use.

Batman needs to strong, lift things, jump from place to place, he really needs to be athletic, the suit itself is damned heavy, add the gadgets too.. it's just not physically possible for someone who's not buff to be Batman.

Batman can't be like this:

skinny_batman_by_arttan_dhfdtp-fullview.

Just like how football players can't have skinny legs..

You take a roll of a buff character, work your ass off, or just quit.

corsets nowadays are used to slim your waist, to help you get that kardashian unreal body. each disney princess is set in a time and fashion period, belle for example is set in the 1700s, during the rococo era. corsets were used not to slim your waist but actually as a bra, to give support to women while carrying those heavy skirts. its not about being pretty its about historical accuracy, which should be an issue since all of the other costumes in the movie were pretty accurate for the time the movie was taking place in.

you're telling me that robert pattinson should get buff because he is a super hero but when did we ever see batman lift sh$t up? he is one of the few superheroes that actually have no superpowers and they are based solid into technology, i dont see why batman should be buff and not just some fit guy. its so funny that when robert pattinson denied working out people are talking about "fat" batman like theres no in between. theres either buff or fat. theres not fit, theres not athletic. 

pattinson's batman just adds to the stereotype that men should be stupidly strong and buff, theres nothing else in the story, while watson's dress+lack of corset created an inconsistency with the other characters  in the movie .

HeavyPunkLover
22 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

How more wrong can he be? You're an actor playing a superhero, it's your job to look the part, he's not taking this seriously. And of course actors from the 70s didn't do this, they didn't play superheroes, James Dean never played a superhero in a DC comic movie. Rationalizing not working out for some sort of 'human right' is just weird. Sure in real life everyone should do whatever they want, but you're an actor bruh, playing the freaking Batman :awkney:

No actors playing super heroes in the 70s? :billie:

How more wrong can you be?

Just for your information. Batman use ninja stile combat that is rarely based on pure physics strength. Add the fact he owns tech like Ironman... I mean... you definitely don’t need to be ripped AF to be Batman.

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

Archived