💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Stupid Love leaves the Hot 100 :air:

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

TINDER

Oh my god! I hope Gaga never ever releases a pop record ever again, certain users are just vomiting out their negativity over gaga, calling her nothing but flop!

You guys deserve nothing. Get the **** out of this site for better, slamming your opinion and respectfully stating it is very different!

This thread gave me nothing but headache.

I am tinder

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genuine Guy 09
42 minutes ago, LilyLark said:
1 hour ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Loving these comments guys 

We have to be realistic about our fave. A reverse Chromatican discussion experience

This was a massive mis step and she has put herself on the back foot releasing ANOTHER flop lead

A top 5 with several weeks in the top 40

7 weeks top 40 and 9 weeks overall, because the minute radio stopped playing it and giving it a chart run it free fell 

It is a flop yes, especially after ASIB, even make me by britney spears spent two weeks top 20 and 9 weeks overall :air:

Can we just accept the GP said no to this song please? 

It will probably get two more weeks through album and promo maybe. But this was NOT a success 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

monketsharona
14 minutes ago, Randomaccessmemory said:

Oh my god! I hope Gaga never ever releases a pop record ever again, certain users are just vomiting out their negativity over gaga, calling her nothing but flop!

You guys deserve nothing. Get the **** out of this site for better, slamming your opinion and respectfully stating it is very different!

This thread gave me nothing but headache.

The fact most of those people will probably piss their pants once ROM is out :enigma:

Some of her fans are really psychotic

Blown Away

Just because Stupid Love wasn't that smash hit it doesn't mean it was useless. It's a good song and showed that there is still interest in Gaga's music. Hence the #5 peak and top 10 peaks worldwide.

I could see this era being similar to B'Day. Stupid Love is the Déjà Vu of the era. Good initial reception, but the song fades just as fast. The era is plagued by issues in the beginning. But that also means the Irreplaceable of the era is coming soon :happy: And the Beautiful Liar :excited2:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Genuine Guy 09
2 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

Just because Stupid Love wasn't that smash hit it doesn't mean it was useless. It's a good song and showed that there is still interest in Gaga's music

Yes I agree but the song was very polarising like the pop version of PI. 

The fanbase reacted to it by asking where the chorus was and saying it was a demo. Then they come in doing essays about how it didn't flop etc. What do they think the GP thought if we as a fanbase thought that

This will hopefully be like a PI-Joanne situation and SL will remain an album track bop. It's not the end of the world and SL was loved by radio programmers which is a sign they will give ROM the same chance. 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

venusfly
10 hours ago, _Lam said:

That's the point of the video, it's an hommage to the 90's video game, early futuristic "cheap" aesthetics. Everyone is doing it now, mostly Grimes with deliberately "poor" 3D modelling and CGI (like the diamonds mountain in the background of the Stupid Love video).

I don't recall hearing about that but if it is the purpose of the video then it doesn't communicate itself very well, its not tongue in cheek enough to give across that its intentionally poor :shrug:

The Child
17 hours ago, OBEY said:

That's what happens when you release a song the GP doesn't like, as simple as that. ;) 

(OMG I've missed you!) Well the way you spilled hot tea.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

TortureMeOnReplay
5 hours ago, 1ooo d0veZ said:

It is exceptionally delusional to even think that another Top 5 is on lock this era. Her teaming up with Ariana is the equivalent to Britney getting with Iggy in 2015 and Katy getting with Migos during their peak in 2017. For further context, you can consider Stupid Love her CTTR..but with even less longevity. Any leftover hype Gaga had leaving ASIB going into her 6th studio album/ pop comeback was wasted on SL and it is silly to place so much confidence in that / the fact this is a Ariana collab . Its not reign of the pop girl 2010 and this ain't Telephone 2.0.

Iggy already had her biggest controversies by the time she did Pretty Girls. Katy and Migos were a questionable pairing because their styles don't go together well. Another difference is that Gaga still gets press while everyone stays pretty silent on Katy. We'll see how well Stuck Wit U does but Ariana is obviously capable of pushing songs.

metalguru

With or without the leak/corona/top5... It was a cute b-side, and as a lead, it is quite forgettable. But all this coulda woulda shoulda is unnecessary. the song chosen as a lead single. not end of the world, but I was expecting more. 

13 hours ago, Venusfly said:

I don't recall hearing about that but if it is the purpose of the video then it doesn't communicate itself very well, its not tongue in cheek enough to give across that its intentionally poor :shrug:

I mean come on, it's that obvious, you don't have to be told about it, the whole video start with a Star War-esque cheesy pixellated text introduction.

Look at the diamonds mountains in the background, they are made to look like cheap playstation 1 video game modelling.

If Gaga wanted an Avatar-like video, she would have one. The point is to look cheap.

Archived