Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Stupid Love leaves the Hot 100 :air:

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

The Child
5 minutes ago, beabeaxo5 said:

The MV is basic though, a bunch of colour coordinated dancers doing choreography in the dessert? 

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF by MOODMAN

It has no storyline and it is very basic tbh

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genuine Guy 09
8 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

Not y’all calling it a flop 

Some artists don’t even get music videos or decent promo or even SENT TO RADIO in time (ahem Katy) so be grateful SL got such good radio deals..

Hmm I don't think this is a sign it wasn't a flop :air:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

The Z
Just now, ConnorFilm said:

It didn’t have longevity at all and its overall release was a mess with it being leaked so far in advance, but it did score cute peaks on charts worldwide, was able to reclaim some power for Gaga on pop radio with it being her best-peaking pop radio song since DWUW and will very easily hit platinum SPS in the United States.

At least it did better than Perfect Bomb:huntyga:

I mean... when Stupid Love leaked last Summer, I would have NEVER thought that it was going to be her lead single. Everything about LG6 was a total secret, I didn’t expect any kind of leak for this album. And the lead single started leaking 6 months before its release, omg. Not to mention that a still from the video leaked one day after it was shot, and that the rest of the album is also slowly leaking

Delusional
Just now, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Hmm I don't think this is a sign it wasn't a flop :air:

How can you call SL a flop? Literally how? It did well for what treatment it received 

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

ConnorFilm

A flop in my opinion is exactly how PI performed back in 2016. Stupid Love basically pulled a Judas (which isn’t much better but hey). A top 10 peak is a top 10 peak. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Andreu
12 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

f word lie to me again!!!!!

i need to stay off twitter.

2020 and you are still trusting twitter f-words? 

ConnorFilm

At least the UK was stanning. SL spent four weeks in the top 20. US has no taste. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

monketsharona
4 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

A flop in my opinion is exactly how π performed back in 2016. Stupid Love basically pulled a Judas (which isn’t much better but hey). A top 10 peak is a top 10 peak. 

And I don't consider Judas as a flop tbh

Stupid Love is not a smash for sure (and I'm not sure it was made to be a smash, much more like an introduction to her being back to EDM).

I feel like ROM is just that release to smash in longevity during summer. But saying Stupid Love is a total fail, it's just saying **** imo. Perfect Illusion was a total fail in 2016 for her being back to pop after that jazz break.

The Z
10 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

A flop in my opinion is exactly how π performed back in 2016. Stupid Love basically pulled a Judas (which isn’t much better but hey). A top 10 peak is a top 10 peak. 

Stupid Love could have done much better with more promo. The fans hate it for some reason, but honnestly, even though there's nothing really original about this song and that the lyrics are superficial, it's still a banger. Not the best song ever but it could have worked. But Covid didn't help, and Interscope seems to let every lead single sleep because they want Gaga to be an album artist, so the 2nd single has to do better

Bradley
20 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

so frontloaded and literally the worst ever choice for a lead single...

At least it had a cute #5 peak but who cares when it wasn't a hit

hopefully ariana will save her

Sis it would've been performed so much if it weren't for corona. If you wanna put a blame, put it on the right party which is coronavirus.

Zander

It may have gone top 5 but the fact that other artists are capable of holding their chart positions for weeks (with some slowly moving up) shows that outside her fanbase people just didn’t care for the song. It’s interesting to see artists like Post Malone, Dua, Billie etc... who can stay inside the top 15 for a very long time.
I see people talk about the “lack of promo” on here and how she needs to do more... but someone of her calibre and status shouldn't need to do more promo and that's just some bs excuse fans like to hide behind. You see other artists do less promo yet have no problem with holding onto their chart position. If the song doesn't click with people you can't make people like it. SL just didn't click, that's it.

venusfly
15 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

The music video is great, don't start that discussion again. Most of you don't like it because it was shot on Iphone, but if Gaga didn't tell you wouldn't even know that. The video is campy, colourful, the dancing is great and the visuals too.

I would have loved the video if all the outfits and stuff weren't so cheap looking, it's the same issue Enigma had, amazing concept, pretty good execution, but the clothing and props etc let it down. For example the stuff on Gaga's face are obviously stuck on, and they didn't even do a good job at it, there's bits of it hanging off and they're not even, it looks like someone dancing around in an outfit of a character rather than her being the actual character themselves. 

The Z
6 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

And I don't consider Judas as a flop tbh

Stupid Love is not a smash for sure (and I'm not sure it was made to be a smash, much more like an introduction to her being back to EDM).

THIS

Judas was a true hit all over the world. It just didn't work that much in the US

monketsharona
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

Stupid Love could have done much better with more promo. The fans hate it for some reason, but honnestly, even though there's nothing really original about this song and that the lyrics are superficial, it's still a banger. The the best song ever but it could have worked. But Covid didn't help, and Interscope seems to let every lead single sleep because they want Gaga to be an album artist, so the 2nd single has to do better

SL had great reviews (just like Enigma) that fans love to trash. Maybe the sign that fanbase is not what Gaga should focus on ? 

Archived