Featured Posts

Hurem

I loved the show. Don’t care what snowflake reviewers think. :sara:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Butters Stotch
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

The show started off good, with an interesting premise, a different approach in the old hollywood theme, bringing characters that were treated different and unfairly. I was excited to see where it would lead but I did not expect it to be this cheesy near the last two episodes. It was delusional & fantasy-like to bring Rock Hudson ...

Hide contents

At the Oscars with his lover, and saying along the lines "I'm not going to be like you, I'm not going to live my life not being brave enough to be who I am"

I found that very very disrespectful to real life Rock Hudson, it insinuates (although I'm sure the writers didn't consciously think of that) that Rock was not brave enough to come out in the 50s. It's not about bravery, it's about survival, Rock had no chance to come out to a society that was not ready to accept homosexuality. Should he still be brave and should've done it? I personally think not.

Then he held hands in the red carpet with his man, and no security guards come to stop them? Photographers keep photographing them without being super shocked, appalled and/or angry? 

Then the episode proceeds with those two sitting next to each other, and every minority winning an oscar but the white actor not winning anything. I'm aware it's a TV show, but this felt like a fantasy, so much so that I thought the only way this finale would be saved would be if one of these characters woke up from a dream.

The next episode goes on with an actor playing the role of a homosexual now, and the character of Darren Criss (I never remember names) shooting it. So now they are changing the 50s with the movie "Meg" by having a black leading role which isn't that farfetched considering Dorothy Dandridge back in the day, but then they tell us "The KKK could be on our asses" etc, and it seems like there is an ACTUAL interesting conflict and threat that's completely ERASED in the final episodes, what a WASTE!

And now they wanna tell us they'll change the whole view of homosexuality in the 50s with another movie. What a disaster, it was ridiculous to me

Totally this, exactly what I thought. It's ridiculous :golfclap:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

androiduser

the guy playing Rock Hudson is really great playing a likeable dumb jock

Ziggy

To me, the problem is a Ryan Murphy problem. He’s the most in your face, unsubtle writer. People say campy, I say thin, erratic, stereotyped, and objectifying. To each their own.

When you give him an intriguing concept he’ll make a good single season but any more and it gets thin. Case in point is Glee (not my taste but a dec first season), American crime story, and American horror story. He has good concepts, but I wouldn’t call him a very good writer. He’s a George Lucas-type, really.

Archived