Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

TV REVIEW: Ryan Murphy's "Hollywood" And The Unfair #MeToo Double Standard

MrMojoRisin

Featured Posts

Queen of Pop

I watched the first episode and I quickly got bored. It's typical Ryan Murphy, aka all style and no substance without any clear direction for where the plot will go

The main guy is hot tho so go off i guess

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
voidfigure
30 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

What??? They're related? :duck:

But Evan said it was cause the show was getting too dark and depressing for him and that he wanted to do happier roles. That's why his character was funnier in Apocalypse

Yeah, but who knows :oops: they are some degree of cousins. 

Getting back to the show, knowing it was from Ryan Murphy I even predicted some dialogue lines... Not good tbh

vyniildisk

Ryan Murphy thrives in dumb stereotypes and his work and style is tired, dated and washd up

FEUD was amazing because it was kinda based on real events but VERY few  american horror stories seasons are barely decent and Scream Queens season 1 remains his best creative fresh work

SHALLOW
3 minutes ago, voidfigure said:

Yeah, but who knows :oops: they are some degree of cousins. 

Getting back to the show, knowing it was from Ryan Murphy I even predicted some dialogue lines... Not good tbh

I don't think he's that passionate anymore tbh. It's like he get these small ideas and decide to do a whole show about it. His latest shows are just not well thought imo. I'm waiting for Ratched tho but just cause i love Sarah and also i'm super excited about SQ, hopefully he won't f** it up

Delusional
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

I loved the show! The part where Anna May Wong won the Oscar made me cry so hard :heart:

We love spoilers!

Am I Hallucinating Emma Stone GIF by Zombieland

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

hpmcmill

The main guy was hot, but the show wasn't that good. It jumped around too much, without a plot progression that felt natural. That being said... I'd probably watch a second season lol. 

Butters Stotch
1 hour ago, SLAYing said:

Kinda off topic but I loved 'Pose' which was also Ryan's creation 💓

Pose is AMAZING, it surprises me it's not bigger, because the story really is beautiful :diane:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Butters Stotch

I don't think the show is bad... it's just too naive, like it portrays the 50's in an unreal way... not that it's bad thing, I just think he crossed the line on it being 'believable'.

Lona Delery

i loved the show. it is obviously meant to portray some kind of utopia, how it should have been and not how it was. it was really nice to see gay and black people win for once, even though it was pretty corny. i very much enjoyed the show

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, GGVS said:

Pose is AMAZING, it surprises me it's not bigger, because the story really is beautiful :diane:

It’s pretty big. Billy Porter benefited a lot from it. Also Indya Moore being in Louis Vuitton and CK campaigns 

berlinforme
2 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Honestly i'm starting to think he hires white gay men and makes them do sex scenes just for his pleasure :triggered: no one's really asking for that. We want interesting plots.

Same! It's such a recurring theme in his shows, I just find it annoying anymore. Also because the actors in those roles always look the same 

Butters Stotch
8 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

It’s pretty big. Billy Porter benefited a lot from it. Also Indya Moore being in Louis Vuitton and CK campaigns 

Yeah, I mean the series as a whole, not just the benefit actors got from it. It's not that famous. Bet many people could tell you who Billy Porter is or recognize him for the way he dresses for awards show or anything, but they wouldn't know the series or him being on it. Such a shame.

The show started off good, with an interesting premise, a different approach in the old hollywood theme, bringing characters that were treated different and unfairly. I was excited to see where it would lead but I did not expect it to be this cheesy near the last two episodes. It was delusional & fantasy-like to bring Rock Hudson ...

Spoiler

At the Oscars with his lover, and saying along the lines "I'm not going to be like you, I'm not going to live my life not being brave enough to be who I am"

I found that very very disrespectful to real life Rock Hudson, it insinuates (although I'm sure the writers didn't consciously think of that) that Rock was not brave enough to come out in the 50s. It's not about bravery, it's about survival, Rock had no chance to come out to a society that was not ready to accept homosexuality. Should he still be brave and should've done it? I personally think not.

Then he held hands in the red carpet with his man, and no security guards come to stop them? Photographers keep photographing them without being super shocked, appalled and/or angry? 

Then the episode proceeds with those two sitting next to each other, and every minority winning an oscar but the white actor not winning anything. I'm aware it's a TV show, but this felt like a fantasy, so much so that I thought the only way this finale would be saved would be if one of these characters woke up from a dream.

The next episode goes on with an actor playing the role of a homosexual now, and the character of Darren Criss (I never remember names) shooting it. So now they are changing the 50s with the movie "Meg" by having a black leading role which isn't that farfetched considering Dorothy Dandridge back in the day, but then they tell us "The KKK could be on our asses" etc, and it seems like there is an ACTUAL interesting conflict and threat that's completely ERASED in the final episodes, what a WASTE!

And now they wanna tell us they'll change the whole view of homosexuality in the 50s with another movie. What a disaster, it was ridiculous to me

Archived