💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Inez's Message to Little Monsters: Stop Leaking Our Photos

DISZKO

Featured Posts

what???????

indeed.

Still leaving on solo TOUR this nov. Announcing next week. leaked next single is makin my ears bleed. Wait till you hear the real version ;)

— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) October 2, 2009

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WarriorPrince

You think a photographer wants to invest time and effort working with somebody when they know their work will most likely be mis-treated and shared without their consent? **** no. They aren't just photos. Same as if ARTPOP leaked in full right this second. You wouldn't say "who cares, it's just a few mp3s for god's sake, get over it"

lol really?

There are huge differences between ARTPOP leaking and these random photos leaking. Frist of all Gaga is a huge pop star and she would lose millions with that, while this photographer wouldnt get anything from these photos if they didnt leak. Outside this fanbase no one cares if these photos leaked.

It's not like they are exclusive since we have already seen most of the photoshoot. Dont give me the pretty "oh she worked so hard and she is so passionate" talk, really.

Most of you are severely overreacting. Besides, we always get leaked photos and i dont see anyone talking about that.

giskardsb

They are just photos for god's sake :sweep:

photo's representing 10's of thousands of dollars invested, and which are the artistic output of which Inez and Vinoodh rely on for their income and which they have the sole copyright and discretion of how the photo's are used.

But the current generation of digital babies has no respect whatsoever for intellectual property and copyright, and many artists can no longer survive as artists because of it. That includes thousands of musicians in the lower tiers who cannot make enough income on recorded output anymore because people steal it and think that creative output should be free.

I think we should leak them nothing wrong with that!

There's something wrong with a lot of people when THIS is the general consensus on somebody's work. Steal it, leak it, share it - and expect them to carry on producing more(?)

I really understand her disappointment. If I was the owner of this work, and I know that many on here that do produce creative and intellectual property will agree with me, I would be just as upset about it. As an artist, you show what you want to show; hence you leave work that doesn't feel finished or perfect in the archives where it's supposed to be.

Of course, fan bases, as we are consumers of that work, have a permanent hunger for specifically the things we would usually not get to see. While unreleased songs, outtakes from photoshoots and unused video footage is joyful and interesting to watch, I think many forget about the fact that what they now possess, does belong to somebody else who did not intend to every publicize it. I wish people would be more respectful when it comes to these things.

But the work she did was released as she wanted it to be and we all sow her it the way she wanted it but this is 1 year after it was released. things do leak she should keep her art safe if she doesnt want them to leak.

rubytuesday

I understand how frustrating it must be to have work you didn't want anyone to see to be leaked (and I can sympathize, being an artist myself) but it's been over a year so I don't think it's as serious compared to if the leaking had happened soon after the release.

With that in mind, this is still a large body of work that the involved artists did not want to be released for whatever reasons. Enjoy the new material but be respectful (and grateful). :adam:

What the hell with people saying 'they're just photos'...

Just because leaked photos don't affect any sales like a leaked song does doesn't mean that it's okay.

This is someones work, they do this for a living and only the photos they, and the subject, want to be released should be released. Some of you are so disrespectful. Imagine if someone leaked elements of your work that you didn't want released. Eurgh

She was so polite in that statement too, what is wrong with you guys.

NewYorkCity

Monsters leaking it??? Sorry but I don't think so... It has been leaked by someone, and monsters are just watching it...

I understant the part that she's dissapointed because it's her work... but I don't get why she says "monsters"

WarriorPrince

photo's representing 10's of thousands of dollars invested, and which are the artistic output of which Inez and Vinoodh rely on for their income and which they have the sole copyright and discretion of how the photo's are used.

But the current generation of digital babies has no respect whatsoever for intellectual property and copyright.

I dont see you saying that everytime a photo from a random photoshoot leaks.

She is rich, wow it's not like her career could be in danger with a few photos leaking.

lol really?

There are huge differences between ARTPOP leaking and these random photos leaking. Frist of all Gaga is a huge pop star and she would lose millions with that, while this photographer wouldnt get anything from these photos if they didnt leak. Outside this fanbase no one cares if these photos leaked.

It's not like they are exclusive since we have already seen most of the photoshoot. Dont give me the pretty "oh she worked so hard and she is so passionate" talk, really.

Most of you are severely overreacting. Besides, we always get leaked photos and i dont see anyone talking about that.

ARTPOP is Gaga's work, the Y&I shoot was Inez' work, people work to create things, they put time and effort and money into them, get the general idea? When people steal and leak and share them - everyone involved loses out.

Oh and because you think that outside of this fanbase, nobody cares about them leaking (incorrect), that makes it okay to steal and share somebody's work? It's not even about an album leaking VS a photograph leaking - it's about respect for somebody's work.

Alien Tulip

lol really?

Spill that tea honey. I know its wrong to leak but monsters in this thread should stop blaming us for those who like the leaks, acting like were responsible for it. Attack the person who leaked it, not those who like it. It's not our fault the original raw leaks look 1000 times better than the poorly done black and white photos.

Alien Tulip

Monsters leaking it??? Sorry but I don't think so... It has been leaked by someone, and monsters are just watching it...

I understant the part that she's dissapointed because it's her work... but I don't get why she says "monsters"

Exactly!

Spill that tea honey. I know its wrong to leak but monsters in this thread should stop blaming us for those who like the leaks, acting like were responsible for it. Attack the person who leaked it, not those who like it. It's not our fault the original raw leaks look 1000 times better than the poorly done black and white photos.

no, they're condemning condoning it in this thread.

Archived