Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Inez's Message to Little Monsters: Stop Leaking Our Photos

DISZKO

Featured Posts

I have to agree. I get sick and tired of fans thinking they own the rights to own anything that an artist produces. An artist only publishes items they want to be remembered by. Stealing property from an artist, without their consent to have it released, is just a selfish tragedy... and you call yourself fans. Real fans enjoy what they're given and can really appreciate the artists' work, as it was meant to be enjoyed.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I am using the photos for personal use, wallpapers as I said, and i'm not going to post them on the internet (Make signatures out of them/ avatars) I hope Gaga works with Inez again for ARTPOP

People using things for personal use isn't that problematic. I always work with a contract when I do have an assignment. Which says that all people who is on the photo(also parents/people who have custody over children) can or can not use on the internet. And if photo's can't be used on the internet, we all can use them in private space. And if I do post photo's on the internet, I don't really care if people use them private. But I hate it when others use them without permission on their facebook, twitter or own site. And especially then saying it's their photo, they took it! Just ask, that ain't a big problem. Had a lot of people who asked if they could use photo's of gaga's concert in Amsterdam for private things, but also for on facebook. I'm always glad they ask. Gives so much less stress for being disabused(well, that feeling). And if people ask, it gives a great feeling, as like that your work is appreciated, that people love it!

Tommymonster44

Its just pics

Maybe you haven't realized, but Inez is a visual artist. A visual artist's entire life is composed of "just pictures." That is all they do and what they have dedicated their life to doing. How would you feel if someone just stomped all over your life's work by using it in a way that it wasn't intended to be used?

If they are just pictures, then maybe you shouldn't even take the time to look at art if it's that meaningless.

imasugarush

Maybe you haven't realized, but Inez is a visual artist. A visual artist's entire life is composed of "just pictures." That is all they do and what they have dedicated their life to doing. How would you feel if someone just stomped all over your life's work by using it in a way that it wasn't intended to be used?

If they are just pictures, then maybe you shouldn't even take the time to look at art if it's that meaningless.

:tea: :golfclap:

abercrombiescruffy

I am going to put my penny in

I think any intellectual property is equal, in that sense they are the persons property, just like plagiarizing a essay

Unfortunately it is so easy to copy someone else's work and in this modern it is soooo easy to spread it

Now it sucks that the photos got leaked cause the artist did not want them to be seen like that, I'd like to compare it to releasing half a statement of someone, people are not seeing it in how it was meant to be seen.

Now the thing I didn't see in any of this trend that no one discussed is why stop the spread. That is my issue with her statement

It is out now and INEZ <3 Little monsters and know they want to see it and really there is nothing that can be done to retract it so let the piranhas eat at it and enjoy.

But that is my approach to how to deal with it and my opinion

Another thing I am huge on licenses, and buying all the right to intellectual works to use in ways they are allowed/supposed to

and following the copyright code (for use in education, etc)

But once something is on the internet (as long as you are not using for commercial reasons, and not claiming it as your work) there is little wrong with sharing something with the click of a button as long as your source

How does she know monsters are doing it? :teehee:

:clap:

They're not 'just photos'.

The same can be said about Gaga's songs. They're 'just songs'

They're the product that an artist has made and it's a shame that their artography (that is really not a word, it's late shut up :smh: ) has to be compromised

I won't die, but I can't live without you

So those who say "it's just pictures", how would you feel if someone start using your signatures, profile pics and fan art? That would be OK, right?

Archived