Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

Stepehenie Meyer will release Midnight Sun this year

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu
1 minute ago, lavenderblondee said:

Torn on if it'll do well it but I will read it, because I read the leaked chapters back in like 2009 and now I need to finish it :huntyga: I read all of Twilight twice as a kid when they first came out/"liked" the movies, but I'm not sure I'll be able to read it now lmao. 15 years old vs 27.

When she added the countdown I was expecting her to be like "SURPRISE! It's out now! % of sales to go towards coronavirus funds!" or something. Now, this sort of feels like just a plain ol cash grab...but still here for it!

I totally agree with this.

I used to love the books, 10 years ago I was obsessed with them, and I still hold a very positive memories of them, but I don't know if i'd like them now. So I'd be excited for seomthing new related to the series, but this feels like a cash grab.

The chemist is one of my favourite books as well so I'd love to see more books by her that are not exclusively twilight.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rio
39 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I cannot read another book in this series. Somehow I got wrapped up in the story and ignored the quality. When I went back to read it a second time the writing quality isn’t great. I also feel like she’s releasing to compete with The Hunger Games. 

The writing is terrible. I asked for a beautifully made book set of the entire series for Christmas a few years ago. White book set with red symbols on the front covers. Asked for it, started reading Twilight and couldnt get through the first 100 pages. Terribly written. I need more than that from a book 😫

lavenderblondee
22 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I totally agree with this.

I used to love the books, 10 years ago I was obsessed with them, and I still hold a very positive memories of them, but I don't know if i'd like them now. So I'd be excited for seomthing new related to the series, but this feels like a cash grab.

The chemist is one of my favourite books as well so I'd love to see more books by her that are not exclusively twilight.

I haven't read The Chemist! I'm going to look into it :oprah:

That's how I feel too, I have really fun memories of Twilight. It was a ~big~ deal to my teenager self and I'd be kidding myself if I didn't say I was sort of excited to read this..even though I may not even enjoy it :lana:

Flippy
59 minutes ago, Alannah said:

She wants more coin and I'm happy to give it.

Twilight got a lot of YA readers into reading in the early 2000s - me being one of them. It was my gateway to longer and more complex books. Leave people alone and let them read their trashy books. (And yes, I did save my Edward sweatshirt from 2008 Hot Topic in case of an emergency.) :lolly:

I have my Jacob t-shirt from hot topic a as well (even though it doesn’t fit anymore :bradley:)

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Andreu
21 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

I haven't read The Chemist! I'm going to look into it 

It's totally different from Twilight, but I still loved it. IMO the best part of the book was how she left random details scattered through the book that seemed meaningless, but at the end they all came together to build the ending.

A lot of people here have been saying she has a bad writing style and well I read the catalan translation so I can't tell you anything about the writing in the original version. But i did not have this feeling at all. I actually felt like it was written a lot better than the twilight saga.

HermioneT
1 hour ago, lavenderblondee said:

Torn on if it'll do well it but I will read it, because I read the leaked chapters back in like 2009 and now I need to finish it :huntyga: I read all of Twilight twice as a kid when they first came out/"liked" the movies, but I'm not sure I'll be able to read it now lmao. 15 years old vs 27.

I feel exactly the same! 

My 15-year-old self would be soooo exited and over moon about this lmao. Wonder if she realizes that she is more than 10 years late with her "suprise" :laughga: I can remember having already cringed hard when I went through the last book and I think I could not even bring me to finish the last movie:huntyga:

Nevertheless I, too, associate many memories and a great time back in my teens with the series.

She / hers

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Didn't know there is demands for this. Thought her fanbase who is now older have moved on to that Fifty Shades series and more.

And Fifty Shades started out as racy Twilight fan fiction, which is why there are so many parallels between the characters. (But Fifty Shades is even more poorly written, not to mention, the author sucks at writing sex scenes – not very realistic.) 

Anyway, at this rate, we only have to wait about 10 years for that other "Stefani," aka Ms. Germanotta, to release her work that also leaked. #Chromatica2030

She/Her/Hers

Teal Ambition

I screamed when I saw this news :giveup: I remember reading the chapters when it leaked back in the day and I was so salty when she said she wouldn't release it :saladga:

I'm so glad it's finally coming out though, my inner twihard living its best life in 2020 :vegas:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

LaLuna

Just what the world needs, more sparkly vampires

BrownJubilantGorilla-size_restricted.gif

gypsy101

what the fu¢k!!!!! this was talked about like 15 years ago and when it got leaked she cancelled it, i’m shooketh right now

gypsy101
8 minutes ago, brownie said:

Didn't this leak in full YEARS ago?!

nope just several chapters 

brownie
Just now, gypsy101 said:

nope just several chapters 

Ohhh, why did she cancel it at the time then? I thought an ENTIRE DRAFT leaked and she got mad and cancelled it....but it was just a few chapters? 

Archived