Sign in to follow this  
science

South Korean researchers: No evidence of COVID19 reinfections

Florin
Posted (edited)

 

Edited by Florin
  • Like 8
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maleficent
Posted (edited)

okay can i go to starbucks now 

 

A) Less deaths than flu season 2017/18. And no. not because of lockdowns, because countries that didn't follow lockdowns had the same (or even less) cases than us. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/last-years-flu-broke-records-for-deaths-and-illnesses-new-cdc-numbers-show/2018/09/26/97cb43fc-c0ed-11e8-90c9-23f963eea204_story.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-19/sweden-says-controversial-covid-19-strategy-is-proving-effective

B) NYC used less than 60% of hospital resources it thought it would. Beds sat empty, a Military ship remained unused in port.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-hospitals.html

C) That 4$ cup of coffee represents countless jobs in south america and africa, allowing people in those countries to feed their families and barely keep above the poverty line. 

Because of the shutdowns, 250 million people will be pushed into starvation. For comparison, at the 0.78% mortality rate that we are currently observing, the virus would kill 67 million of the worlds population 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/world/africa/coronavirus-hunger-crisis.html

Edited by Maleficent
Well well
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Florin
Just now, Maleficent said:

okay can i go to starbucks now 

Just wait. Lockdown supporters will find a new reason why people need to stay home. :saladga:

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maleficent
Just now, Florin said:

Just wait. Lockdown supporters will find a new reason why people need to stay home. :saladga:

sad but true. idgi what’s in it for them 

Well well
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Memento

ok trump

Talk **** on me again ill sandwich your fuggin face
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
blankpaper
16 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

okay can i go to starbucks now 

This is literally what I miss the most during all of this :bradley:

there cannot be a hundred people in a room
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KanyeWest

Not true theres been reinfections

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucas

There were some people in China who got reinfected after being healed so...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
blankpaper
2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Not true theres been reinfections

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There were some people in China who got reinfected after being healed so...

Maybe read the article that states they were likely testing errors and the tests were picking up dead fragments of the virus 

there cannot be a hundred people in a room
  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Florin
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Not true theres been reinfections

They say they were errors. 

Also, some small tests on monkeys showed that the antibodies protected them from reinfection. 

It was really common sense that this is the situation. Unfortunately, the media isn't looking for common sense now. 

Edited by Florin
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZacharyMark

Listen up.

We aren't going to tolerate bratty opinions on here acting like this virus hasn't already killed 65k+ people and counting in the US. We aren't going to take seriously your petty demands for Starbucks when that's literally the last thing we should be focusing on. Black and brown communities are struggling to fight off this virus due to the lack of health coverage and attention from politicians and negligent folks like you. And tbh, their lives are more important than your iced coffees...

The fact that you act like this lockdown as some sort of oppression of your Starbucks intake is one of the most privileged things I have ever heard. We are on lockdown to bend the curve and help out medical professionals on the frontlines. We continue to see tens of thousands of new cases every day as well as thousands of deaths. So don't sit there and tell us that this is some agenda to keep you from your Starbucks. 

What's in it for us? Idk, maybe the well-being of those most at risk? Not having this virus kill 100k more people if we hadn't taken precaution. We don't need to find new reasons to tell people to stay home or at least practice social distancing when outside. We have already known these reasons since March. And it doesn't take much brain power to do so. 

Stop downplaying this virus as if it won't affect you or your loved ones. This incessant need to ignore this whole pandemic for a $4 cup of coffee is pathetic. 

  • Like 22
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 6
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 64

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maleficent
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Maybe read the article that states they were likely testing errors and the tests were picking up dead fragments of the virus 

don't be silly, would random members on a Gaga forum know less than actual scientists? I think not. We should stay in our homes until 2023

Edited by Maleficent
Well well
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
joannesrats
4 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Listen up.

We aren't going to tolerate bratty opinions on here acting like this virus hasn't already killed 65k+ people and counting in the US. We aren't going to take seriously your petty demands for Starbucks when that's literally the last thing we should be focusing on. Black and brown communities are struggling to fight off this virus due to the lack of health coverage and attention from politicians and negligent folks like you. And tbh, their lives are more important than your iced coffees...

The fact that you act like this lockdown as some sort of oppression of your Starbucks intake is one of the most privileged things I have ever heard. We are on lockdown to bend the curve and help out medical professionals on the frontlines. We continue to see tens of thousands of new cases every day as well as thousands of deaths. So don't sit there and tell us that this is some agenda to keep you from your Starbucks. 

What's in it for us? Idk, maybe the well-being of those most at risk? Not having this virus kill 100k more people if we hadn't taken precaution. We don't need to find new reasons to tell people to stay home or at least practice social distancing when outside. We have already known these reasons since March. And it doesn't take much brain power to do so. 

Stop downplaying this virus as if it won't affect you or your loved ones. This incessant need to ignore this whole pandemic for a $4 cup of coffee is pathetic. 

Thank you, the entitlement of some people is shocking 

  • Like 10
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 20

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
AMURER
3 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Listen up.

We aren't going to tolerate bratty opinions on here acting like this virus hasn't already killed 65k+ people and counting in the US. We aren't going to take seriously your petty demands for Starbucks when that's literally the last thing we should be focusing on. Black and brown communities are struggling to fight off this virus due to the lack of health coverage and attention from politicians and negligent folks like you. And tbh, their lives are more important than your iced coffees...

The fact that you act like this lockdown as some sort of oppression of your Starbucks intake is one of the most privileged things I have ever heard. We are on lockdown to bend the curve and help out medical professionals on the frontlines. We continue to see tens of thousands of new cases every day as well as thousands of deaths. So don't sit there and tell us that this is some agenda to keep you from your Starbucks. 

What's in it for us? Idk, maybe the well-being of those most at risk? Not having this virus kill 100k more people if we hadn't taken precaution. We don't need to find new reasons to tell people to stay home or at least practice social distancing when outside. We have already known these reasons since March. And it doesn't take much brain power to do so. 

Stop downplaying this virus as if it won't affect you or your loved ones. This incessant need to ignore this whole pandemic for a $4 cup of coffee is pathetic. 

Well said! Loved how you kicked the a*s of these ignorant and annoying users that have been downplaying the virus since day1 :tony:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 11

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
blankpaper
3 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

don't be silly, would random members on a Gaga forum lie? We should stay in our homes until 2023

Fck the economy, it’s just for rich people! It definitely doesn’t affect everyone’s ability to buy basic necessities, and it definitely won’t disproportionately affect the lower and middle class when it collapses. Let’s stay home forever and stick it to the rich! :neyde:
 

Spoiler

The fact people are thinking you were serious about the Starbucks comment :saladga:

 

there cannot be a hundred people in a room
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...