Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Horror Megathread

Doot

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown
4 hours ago, Doot said:

I think your friend might have mislead you. 

Jamie is in about 18 minutes of the movie total, as her character is hospitalized and out of it for majority of the film. 

Nick Castle is merely there for a single shot of him in the costume, plus I don't think people can get nominated for acting without having any actual lines lol

But I do agree that horror needs to be nominated for Oscars just like any other movie. 

Well from what I have as like an overview I assumed she'd be in more than that little yikes.

Wait but Castle played Michael in the last movie? I would assume he'd play him again. From what I read (and this isn't a spoiler because they already said) he kills a LOT on this movie.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Well from what I have as like an overview I assumed she'd be in more than that little yikes.

Wait but Castle played Michael in the last movie? I would assume he'd play him again. From what I read (and this isn't a spoiler because they already said) he kills a LOT on this movie.

Nick Castle only wore the suit in one shot in the last one, when Laurie sees him in the mirror through the window. 

The rest of the movie he was played by James Jude Courtney. 

He does, this movie will be the goriest and most violent of them all, far more than the Rob Zombie films. He ain't playing this time. :lolga:

imnotyourbabe10

Thank you for this thread, OP!  I was recently re-watching the 1930's versions of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, etc.  Also have been viewing Eli Roth's ( :v:) History of Horror series and "The Terror" on AMC.  Huge fan of old black and white films (The Innocents, The Uninvited, Universal Monsters, Psycho, etc). 

Some favorites from the last 10 years: The Lighthouse (2019); It Follows (2015); Lights Out (2016); Don't Breathe (2016); The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016); It: Chapters 1 (2017) & 2 (2019); Midsommar (2019); Crimson Peak (2015); Ghost Stories (2017); The Witch (2016); The Wind (2019); mother! (2017); Sinister (2012); Halloween (2018); Suspiria (2018); Winchester (2018); Contagion (2011); The Woman in Black (2012); Evil Dead (2013); The Cabin in the Woods (2011); Get Out (2017); Us (2019); Frankenweenie (2012); What We Do in the Shadows (2014); Fright Night (2011); 3 from Hell (2019); Only Lovers Left Alive (2014); Annihilation (2018); Lights Out (2016); Scary Stories (2019); Bone Tomahawk (2015)

And have recently been trying to expand my J-Horror knowledge with Jigoku (1960) and House (1977) with Kwaidan (1965) and Onibaba (1964) on the horizon.

Could go on and on and am excited to participate in this thread.  How do I "subscribe?"

Jose P

I have Stephen King’s The Stand and Salem’s Lot ready to read :vegas:

The Stand would be particularly fitting for the current global situation :laughga:

11 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Thank you for this thread, OP!  I was recently re-watching the 1930's versions of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, etc.  Also have been viewing Eli Roth's ( :v:) History of Horror series and "The Terror" on AMC.  Huge fan of old black and white films (The Innocents, The Uninvited, Universal Monsters, Psycho, etc). 

Some favorites from the last 10 years: The Lighthouse (2019); It Follows (2015); Lights Out (2016); Don't Breathe (2016); The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016); It: Chapters 1 (2017) & 2 (2019); Midsommar (2019); Crimson Peak (2015); Ghost Stories (2017); The Witch (2016); The Wind (2019); mother! (2017); Sinister (2012); Halloween (2018); Suspiria (2018); Winchester (2018); Contagion (2011); The Woman in Black (2012); Evil Dead (2013); The Cabin in the Woods (2011); Get Out (2017); Us (2019); Frankenweenie (2012); What We Do in the Shadows (2014); Fright Night (2011); 3 from Hell (2019); Only Lovers Left Alive (2014); Annihilatio (2018); Lights Out (2016); Scary Stories (2019); Bone Tomahawk (2015)

Could go on and on and am excited to participate in this thread.  How do I "subscribe?"

Hey! You have some great taste in movies (IT Chapter 2 not withstanding), but if you scroll down, you can "follow" the thread!

Frankenweenie was so good! :bradley:

imnotyourbabe10

So what horror is everyone watching this week?  Sorry to "bump" the thread but outside of Reddit's horror thread, I've got no fellow horror junkies to talk to.  Plus, if it is coming from the cult of GGD, what a beautiful thing. :vegas:

voidfigure
5 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

So what horror is everyone watching this week?  Sorry to "bump" the thread but outside of Reddit's horror thread, I've got no fellow horror junkies to talk to.  Plus, if it is coming from the cult of GGD, what a beautiful thing. :vegas:

Just finished re-re-re-rewatching Bram Stoker's Dracula, plus some trashy Italian zombie movies from the 80s and Evil Dead 2.

imnotyourbabe10
3 minutes ago, voidfigure said:

Just finished re-re-re-rewatching Bram Stoker's Dracula, plus some trashy Italian zombie movies from the 80s and Evil Dead 2.

Love the iconic line of Dracula (1992)

353c87f1a97ec168cad57158bb6f3107.jpg

And trashy Italian zombie movies sound dope!

10 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

No worries, I'm going to ensure this thread stays active, because like you, I normally stick to the horror thread on Reddit. 

I watched Underwater this week which I really enjoyed, because aquatic horror both terrifies me and fascinates me. I think I want to rewatch The Others later this week. 

How about you?

Flippy
11 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Just watched Vivarium & Rabid :flutter:

I really liked both of em

I also just watched the documentary Don’t **** With Cats on Netflix.... I didn’t think it’d be about Luka Magnotta :awkney: I remember watching the snuff film and not being able to sleep, and then years later we have a 3-part documentary about it 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

imnotyourbabe10
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

No worries, I'm going to ensure this thread stays active, because like you, I normally stick to the horror thread on Reddit. 

I watched Underwater this week which I really enjoyed, because aquatic horror both terrifies me and fascinates me. I think I want to rewatch The Others later this week. 

How about you?

Nice on the aquatic horror!  As someone who loves the coasts and being on the water, I still fear the depths. I def. hope AHS eventually tackles Leviathan-esque themes.  I will have to check out Underwater!
And The Others is one of my all time faves -- that atmosphere, the house, the fog, grey tones -- plus the twist is up there with the Sixth Sense for me, imho.

Nothing exciting this week outside of AMC's "The Terror" first season.  Winter-exploring-survivor horror.

imnotyourbabe10
4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Just watched Vivarium & Rabid :flutter:

I really liked both of em

I also just watched the documentary Don’t **** With Cats on Netflix.... I didn’t think it’d be about Luka Magnotta :awkney: I remember watching the snuff film and not being able to sleep, and then years later we have a 3-part documentary about it 

Have been meaning to see Rabid (the original and the remake).  Enjoy Cronenberg's work -- especially the Brood and A Dangerous Method...vastly different, I know hah.  Rabid, Dead Ringers and Videodrome are on my list.

I had no idea that the cats Netflix show was based on real life? :wtfga:

1 minute ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Nice on the aquatic horror!  As someone who loves the coasts and being on the water, I still fear the depths. I def. hope AHS eventually tackles Leviathan-esque themes.  I will have to check out Underwater!
And The Others is one of my all time faves -- that atmosphere, the house, the fog, grey tones -- plus the twist is up there with the Sixth Sense for me, imho.

Nothing exciting this week outside of AMC's "The Terror" first season.  Winter-exploring-survivor horror.

I have a massive list of movies to get through tbh. 

Underwater was fairly decent, I watched it twice. I'm sort of surprised they never made a full on Cthulu movie, but I was happy to see him in this! Terrifying!

The new season of AHS is actually water based! They already announced it. 

voidfigure
6 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Love the iconic line of Dracula (1992)

353c87f1a97ec168cad57158bb6f3107.jpg

And trashy Italian zombie movies sound dope!

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0096511/

It was this one, a very low budget disaster mistakenly known as a movie by Lucio Fulci (the godfather of gore, an outstanding italian director): he only directed like 1h before abandoning the set due to bad health conditions, and the rest of the movie was finished by two of the worst directors ever 😂

voidfigure
1 minute ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Have been meaning to see Rabid (the original and the remake).  Enjoy Cronenberg's work -- especially the Brood and A Dangerous Method...vastly different, I know hah.  Rabid, Dead Ringers and Videodrome are on my list.

I had no idea that the cats Netflix show was based on real life? :wtfga:

David Cronenberg is one of my favorite directors: The Brood and The Fly are masterpieces

Archived