Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Horror Megathread

Doot

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown
1 minute ago, Doot said:

Halloween Kills or the Cursed Film?

Halloween Kills. They were apparently at a test screening and said that there wasn't a single bad reaction to the movie and everyone loved it.

They had recipts for it on reddit but they got deleted/suspended so I can't find it. I copied the entire text post tho

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Halloween Kills. They were apparently at a test screening and said that there wasn't a single bad reaction to the movie and everyone loved it.

They had recipts for it on reddit but they got deleted/suspended so I can't find it. I copied the entire text post tho

Oh okay. Yes, my friend was at the screening so I know everything that happens in it. It got wonderful feedback but idk about an Oscar and all that :lolga:

If any of em should get an Oscar it should be the OG. 

ProfessionalClown
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

Oh okay. Yes, my friend was at the screening so I know everything that happens in it. It got wonderful feedback but idk about an Oscar and all that :lolga:

If any of em should get an Oscar it should be the OG. 

From what I saw the main possibilities for an Oscar could be like cinematography, acting for Jamie's or Nick Castle, Original Score, and director. I dont think it could go as far as best picture but imagine a horror movie in that category :giveup:

10 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

From what I saw the main possibilities for an Oscar could be like cinematography, acting for Jamie's or Nick Castle, Original Score, and director. I dont think it could go as far as best picture but imagine a horror movie in that category :giveup:

I think your friend might have mislead you. 

Jamie is in about 18 minutes of the movie total, as her character is hospitalized and out of it for majority of the film. 

Nick Castle is merely there for a single shot of him in the costume, plus I don't think people can get nominated for acting without having any actual lines lol

But I do agree that horror needs to be nominated for Oscars just like any other movie. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
31 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Someone reliable leaked what happens in the movie and Jesus Christ. It's gonna be in talks for Oscar buzz, I'd be so proud to see a horror movie up there :giveup:

Me too! Hereditary, specifically Tony Colette, was robbed :messga:

Seeka

Higurashi: When they Cry, has to be one of the best visual novel series. 

And it's so simple, but effective. 

I only just finished up chapter one though. I can't speak on behalf of the entire series of kinetic novels. 

Seeka

Higurashi: When they Cry, has to be one of the best visual novel series. 

And it's so simple, but effective. 

I only just finished up chapter one though. I can't speak on behalf of the entire series of kinetic novels. 

Franch Toast
Just now, Doot said:

But I do agree that horror needs to be nominated for Oscars just like any other movie. 

Silence of the Lambs practically swept the Oscars in 1991, and Get Out earned some critical acclaim, but yes, horror needs to be better recognized. Some of it offers brilliant social critiques and is well-written, well-directed, and well-acted.

She/Her/Hers

Bubblegum Bitch
54 minutes ago, Woohoo said:

still obsessed with ahs 1984!!

tenor.gif

1984 intro was the best. I love it! 

Just now, Franch Toast said:

Silence of the Lambs practically swept the Oscars in 1991, and Get Out earned some critical acclaim, but yes, horror needs to be better recognized. Some of it offers brilliant social critiques and is well-written, well-directed, and well-acted.

I think what unfortunately happens is they try to occasionally let in the less horror more thriller types, ala SOTL but yes, agree. 

Shame Hereditary wasn't nominated. 

Defmix100

If anyone is interested I've made horror shorts (but some horror fans hate them)

1 hour ago, BradleyCooper said:

Baghuul says hello

SinisterMoviePoster2012.jpg

I was sad that they messed up the sequel. It was alright but no where near as powerful as the first. 

1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

If anyone is interested I've made horror shorts (but some horror fans hate them)

I believe you've posted these before and I've watched! You are very talented!

Defmix100
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

I believe you've posted these before and I've watched! You are very talented!

Thank you so much! Yeah I think I posted the first two around halloween last year

Archived