'The Sims 5' Discussion

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
4 hours ago, jsn said:

I'm shocked they're going in on the online component again considering that led to them killing off Sim City and was also the cause of Sims 4's horrid base game launch.

If they can make a solid base game while including it then sure, but if they don't give the single player base game the attention it deserves then it's going to crash and burn.  Especially after how badly the sims 4 was received at launch.

I hope they give the sims traits that will actually give them personality this time compared to sims 4's lifeless emotion traits as well.

Also they may have actual competition soon!  A life sim game called Paralives is being developed; here's a clip of a customized house loft.

The characters themselves haven't been shown off yet, but they will be soon (the shadow in the doorway was a tease for that).

I'm kinda sceptical about Paralives honestly.. I mean this looks great BUT it feels unplayable.. Look at those chair positions.. Like what animations will they use to make it possible for person to sit on them without it looking messy? Also a bra as an object? Like how will that look like? I hope I'm wrong but I honestly feel like Paralives is a scam because I don't believe they will deliver and I HOPE I'll be proven wrong... I mean just think about it.. There are grids and limited placement in sims for a reason.. Animations can't be possible on every single position of furniture.. Well see in the future but for now I'm not trusting any of it.. 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Kindness Hooker said:

I'm so f*cking hyped for this. I've played every iteration of the Sims. 

OMG YOU ARE LITERALLY MY SOULMATE CAN WE MARRY??? 

So... An AAA game in pre production in January 2020 will NEVER be ready by 2021 :ladyhaha:

Especially if it is multi-player. They need to work on the graphic engine first... 

If we have it in 2022, we'll be lucky

Kindness Hooker
6 minutes ago, Regina George said:

OMG YOU ARE LITERALLY MY SOULMATE CAN WE MARRY??? 

Of course we can my queen. You're already my everything.  

Helxig

:shrug:  The Sims franchise has been steadily going downhill imo, and TS4 is just not a great game. The rollout was messy as hell and just showed how little the devs cared about keeping the original quirky charm of the game. It's become a hollow shell of what it once was, no personality to it, characters look like play dough, even random events are kind of boring... there's no challenge or chaos anymore which I find boring.

Remember in TS1 and 2 when you'd step away from the computer for lunch and forget to pause, and the entire house would be a pile of ashes with one sim left alive, crying at a gravestone and standing in a puddle of their own piss? :laughga:   a burglar would appear and steal the TV as you were deciding how to fix this mess, so you'd lock them in a room with a pool and wait it out until they'd inevitably drown themselves.

Even the camera controls are clunky and not intuitive to use. Don't even get me started on how they made it clear that it's just a cash grab for them, making everything that should have been included in the base game paid for DLC/expansions which is just evil. Given that they're one of the best selling games of all time and are a $5 billion company, they could've done a lot better and delivered the whole product instead of scamming us out of money. 

So sad 'cause I've been a lifelong fan of the series and I feel like they've lost their way. Child-me would be shaking with excitement at the idea of an online world one day in a sims game! But I just don't have high hopes at this point.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

duckworth

Didn’t they say they have like 4 years of content planned for TS4 left? :toofunny:

Also, while I agree that TS3 remains one of the best in the series along with TS2, I think the improvements they did on TS4 should not be overlooked. We had multitasking, better graphics (though subjective), and better performance (!!!). 

I remember playing TS3 back in like 2009 or 2010 and having to wait an hour just to load up the game and endure multiple crashes and redo everything again. It was buggy as hell and even on my 2020 setup, it still isn’t advisable to install all DLCs at once because of how unstable that would make the game  (though the load times have improved on an SSD). But I have all the DLCs on TS4 installed and it just runs on the highest setting flawlessly (and that lighting patch they did in 2016/2017 was just perfection!). 

TS4 wasn’t even planned as an offline game. It was called Olympus or something like that and was meant to be an online game (justifying the lower system requirements it has now) and I recall reading somewhere that the devs were given less than 1 year to redo everything and weren’t given an extension on the release date because EA want it to be offline instead (bcs of that SimCity 2013 fiasco) and they really wanted that August/September launch date at Gamescom. But they have improved on the base game a lot with free patches like the pools, toddlers, and more (though these really should’ve been there from the beginning). The developers are compensating, slowly but they have improved the game a lot since 2014. 

Now that they have gone through the classic staple EPs, it would be exciting to see what the new DLCs will be and tbh it would be okay for me for them to take a couple more years before TS5 because I’m just excited with what they can come up with. Yes, I want a farming system in the game. I want kegs and preserves jars as well. Sue me :selena:

Tho I miss the open world on TS3 and just how much more traits were on TS2 and TS3 and overall the lack of negative traits on TS4 and a lot more but I’m enjoying TS4 for what it is and I am willing to wait for 4 more years before TS5. 

Also, Paralives could be the Cities Skylines to The Sims, so there’s that. It would be interesting to see how competitive The Sims team would be now that they finally have competition. We’ll see. 

COOOK
On 4/21/2020 at 3:15 AM, Regina George said:

I'm kinda sceptical about Paralives honestly.. I mean this looks great BUT it feels unplayable.. Look at those chair positions.. Like what animations will they use to make it possible for person to sit on them without it looking messy? Also a bra as an object? Like how will that look like? I hope I'm wrong but I honestly feel like Paralives is a scam because I don't believe they will deliver and I HOPE I'll be proven wrong... I mean just think about it.. There are grids and limited placement in sims for a reason.. Animations can't be possible on every single position of furniture.. Well see in the future but for now I'm not trusting any of it.. 

Girl tea. As far as we know the only strong point of Paralives is the creative possibilities. But it raises a lot of questions on playability, especially from the bra there... a bit weird :sis:

Gangie
On 4/21/2020 at 4:15 AM, Regina George said:

It could be really good for all the little buildsters but I'm not sure about the rest... We have to wait and see. 

If I like it, then that's what I get!

Regina George
On 4/21/2020 at 4:43 AM, Helxig said:

:shrug:  The Sims franchise has been steadily going downhill imo, and TS4 is just not a great game. The rollout was messy as hell and just showed how little the devs cared about keeping the original quirky charm of the game. It's become a hollow shell of what it once was, no personality to it, characters look like play dough, even random events are kind of boring... there's no challenge or chaos anymore which I find boring.

Remember in TS1 and 2 when you'd step away from the computer for lunch and forget to pause, and the entire house would be a pile of ashes with one sim left alive, crying at a gravestone and standing in a puddle of their own piss? :laughga:   a burglar would appear and steal the TV as you were deciding how to fix this mess, so you'd lock them in a room with a pool and wait it out until they'd inevitably drown themselves.

Even the camera controls are clunky and not intuitive to use. Don't even get me started on how they made it clear that it's just a cash grab for them, making everything that should have been included in the base game paid for DLC/expansions which is just evil. Given that they're one of the best selling games of all time and are a $5 billion company, they could've done a lot better and delivered the whole product instead of scamming us out of money. 

So sad 'cause I've been a lifelong fan of the series and I feel like they've lost their way. Child-me would be shaking with excitement at the idea of an online world one day in a sims game! But I just don't have high hopes at this point.

IKR? They went from Sims 2 where every single sim has a well planned backstory that gave them personalities and actually made them feel like real humans to basic shells in sims 4. Sims 4 just feels basic and like it needs so many improvements.. Sims 3 was great tho.. 

MrHappy

I hope it wont be multiplayer I here a online spin off not fully online game no mam thanks  and also Im waiting for Paralives that indie game looks amazing 

Helxig
4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

IKR? They went from Sims 2 where every single sim has a well planned backstory that gave them personalities and actually made them feel like real humans to basic shells in sims 4. Sims 4 just feels basic and like it needs so many improvements.. Sims 3 was great tho.. 

The sims 3 was a light step down from the 'charm' of the first two, but what it lacked it more than made up for with the new create a sim functions, personality traits, lifetime wishes, open world, how customiseable everything was... But sims 4 did nothing innovative and took a major step back. I'm still disappointed. That being said, I still like to watch other people play TS4 on YouTube :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

LadyLuca

dunno.. I think we still have 2 years of Sims 4. 

2022/23 is the earliest i can think of (announcment)

I would appreciate multiplayer but most of sims core fan base would not...

anyways. in general : They can keep sims 5 for as long as the want.

sims 4 started to get enjoable when toddlers arived. before that it was so lame. Also we have so many expansions - I dont want to wait for all of them to get released in S5

If they give us sims 5 base game it will be boring after a short time. No content because of no patches/expansions.

I imagine S5 to be so lame and empty at launch that they will still have to implement gender, the ability to wohoo and get offspring, building a second floor or basement , ghost etc. 

A rushed release to make money fast

Im exxagerating of course but , I think it will be more empty than sims 4 at its launch.

So my standpoint is : tho I would love to be proven wrong , I have very very low expectations of sims 5. and I will propably keep playing  sims 4 for a few years until sims 5 gets good , or becomes a complete game with enjoyable content

DziubiDaily

Let's face it, they will move all their effort in the online component of the game and we'll literally get a TS4-style game with online features :messga:.

I miss The Sims 2 SO much.

Archived