💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ryan Tedder: It’s “Tone-deaf” to release an album right now

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Featured Posts

HeavyPunkLover

But aren’t these rich guys gaining their life with tours? I mean. It sounds like releasing music it’s really a competition and nothing else.

Greedy. At least Gaga is doing something instead. 

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CommonWhiteGirl

His argument is actually pretty selfish imo. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's essentially saying no one should release any music right now because they won't make any money off of it??? 

I know the whole reason Gaga's pushing back Chromatica is because she believes that her album shouldn't be the center of attention when people are dying and being shot into poverty. 

I read this article kina fast so maybe I'm mistaken but it sounds to me like him and a bunch of other artists aren't releasing new material because they're worried COVID-19 will overshadow them... 

COOOK
1 hour ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

It's a summer song, it's like the Beach Boys, it feels like it's such a hit,

Now I’m both hyped and bummed...

gagaisitalian
50 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

And when do you think she can accomplish a promo campaign that you envision? I think it’s well established (regardless if credible insiders have said it) that she’s focusing on her concert and will reformat promo for digital formats. There’s too much money to be lost for record labels to “wait” until it’s okay for proper promo to be accomplished. I don’t think the album should’ve came on it’s original date - but at some point we have to attempt to resume normalcy and roll with the punches. I understand you and a lot of fans want the era that was envisioned but it just isn’t happening unfortunately. I’m confident she can still build hype under the current circumstances and I look forward to see how she does that. 

who hurt you

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
2 minutes ago, CommonWhiteGirl said:

His argument is actually pretty selfish imo. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's essentially saying no one should release any music right now because they won't make any money off of it??? 

I know the whole reason Gaga's pushing back Chromatica is because she believes that her album shouldn't be the center of attention when people are dying and being shot into poverty. 

I read this article kina fast so maybe I'm mistaken but it sounds to me like him and a bunch of other artists aren't releasing new material because they're worried COVID-19 will overshadow them... 

That’s precisely it. He barely advocates for donating or raising awareness for COVID in the meantime, nor is he apart of any of the concerts or benefits. And he even shades anyone who released a corny song and donates the proceeds. His album was coming mid-May and they aren’t even THAT popular as it is, so I think they were more afraid of commercial failure than actually being concerned with taking the attention away of people dying. 

gagaisitalian
20 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

No live performances will happen at least until late 2021 early 2022. 

Knowing health experts already said no live tour may happen until fall 2021

The View is still recording from their studio with limited people.

You're not a health expert, and only some health experts say those things and then the media runs wild with it. Saying we will all be living like this for TWO years is clickbait material. China is already beginning to resume to normalcy for god-sake. There's a perfectly good chance that some normalcy can return to American live tv in 2-4 months. 

Genuine Guy 09
3 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

If you delay until 2021, sure :huntyga:

I thougjt you had got on board with the June release now :triggered: you've gone back to April10ster 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
8 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

I thougjt you had got on board with the June release now :triggered: you've gone back to April10ster 

No. I’m for June!! But what you said sounds like you think she can accomplish all of that (live performances etc) in June and it just isn’t possible. The era won’t be what we wanted regardless. But at least in May she can promote with radio/digital avenues to create interest again. 

I'm curious as to what constantly bitching and complaining about her not releasing music during a global pandemic is supposed to accomplish?

Some artists are choosing to, and some aren't. And that's their decision and while y'all can sit online and complain about it, you are the public and they are the artist. You get what you get. 

It's like y'all sit there and create endless threads about the topic in hopes enough people will agree with you, but to what end? Are people actually that delusional that they think Gaga is going to release the album because they complained? Look how that turned out with Enigma and Haus Labs. 

Gaga is going to do whatever Gaga wants to do, she doesn't give a sht how you feel she should run her career. Why? Because it's HER career. 

And y'all also sound insane when you act like the billions upon billions of songs already out in the world suddenly disappear and you can't function without new music. It's on YOU to listen to established music and find ways to fill your time. Don't put that on the artist. 

We all want Chromatica. But we will get Chromatica when Gaga decides to release it (or it leaks :poot:). 

Y'all act like Gaga stole your lunch money and gave you a fat lip. Stop being so over dramatic. 

CannaeDrive
1 minute ago, Doot said:

And y'all also sound insane when you act like the billions upon billions of songs already out in the world suddenly disappear and you can't function without new music. It's on YOU to listen to established music and find ways to fill your time. Don't put that on the artist. 

:coffee:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

adamsenigma

I kind of get what he's saying, because after all music became a business, and labels need money to keep doing music at the pace they do, and artists earn that money with their work, so, knowing that your art will be overshadowed by a pandemic is something I understand, however, if you're an artist that's there primarly for the music and not the money, then you would and should release music because if you truly love music you'll know that it has the power to heal, to create a momentary barrier to shield us all from the hard times we're living. I don’t care if Gaga can't "properly" promote the album, I'll be just happy listening to what the music has to offer. We are all affected by this, and we need distractions, we need art and we need to dance. If Gaga decides to postpone until very later this year (which I doubt) I'll respect her, but I'll be disappointed. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

I'm curious as to what constantly bitching and complaining about her not releasing music during a global pandemic is supposed to accomplish?

Some artists are choosing to, and some aren't. And that's their decision and while y'all can sit online and complain about it, you are the public and they are the artist. You get what you get. 

It's like y'all sit there and create endless threads about the topic in hopes enough people will agree with you, but to what end? Are people actually that delusional that they think Gaga is going to release the album because they complained? Look how that turned out with Enigma and Haus Labs. 

Gaga is going to do whatever Gaga wants to do, she doesn't give a sht how you feel she should run her career. Why? Because it's HER career. 

We all want Chromatica. But we will get Chromatica when Gaga decides to release it (or it leaks :poot:). 

Y'all act Gaga stole you lunch money and gave you a fat lip. Stop being so over dramatic. 

Lmao. I’ve actually ignored you weeks ago but for some reason made the bad decision to show your post (thinking you would actually contribute something) and totally regret it. The initial thread actually had little to do with Gaga. Almost everyone is over that the album didn’t come in April and the June rumors seem true. I’m excited actually!  So that thesis was IMMENSELY pointless. What’s troublesome is your insistence of commenting even longer than the actual thread on your high-horse and your head up Gaga’s a$$ constantly defending literally NOTHING. We’re having a discussion about music being released in G E N E R A L right now. If this was about Chromatica or Gaga I would’ve posted it in the appropriate thread. Thank god I won’t be able to see your response to this. 😂

Archived