Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ryan Tedder: It’s “Tone-deaf” to release an album right now

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Featured Posts

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

By the way I’m not disagreeing or being argumentative for those who support his way of thinking. I just think it’s a bit hypocritical on his part. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killa

that's not a valid argument, that's a cover up for it wont sell. We're in the middle of a real health and economic and soon a social crisis, it's not people are dying. honey people die, never stopped no one. Most likely he had a cute radio song that could be pushed and be a hit but if he's not confident just shows that his work was a bit hollow. Which most of his music has been, imo, of late. I think it's a time to challenge creativity, you may wait a bit but can't wait too much, and just maybe some newbie will come with a fresh idea. 

TheSlash

Partially I agree with him. Right now people have to worry about other things than the promotion of new music. But just put it under the "we won't do it bc people are dying" is not a good excuse. People are dying all the time for many horrible reasons, this time it's just more prominent in the news due to the global implications of the virus.

Ew, David!

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
2 minutes ago, InstantDejavu said:

Are you all so thirsty you expect artists to release new music during an pandemic? 

Dua Lipa did and she barely had any physical sales so it goes on to show that people are NOT in the mood for buying new music.

Y'all want Gaga to flop with low physical sales? You complain about SL doing just OK but nothing more and yet here we are with you wanting the album in the middle of a crisis.

Some of you...I can't...

I created this thread to create a discussion in general about the music industry, hence its placement in this forum. If you can’t provide commentary or an opinion without  being rude then refrain from commenting. And also don’t compare Dua & Gaga. Plz. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
3 minutes ago, Killa said:

that's not a valid argument, that's a cover up for it wont sell. We're in the middle of a real health and economic and soon a social crisis, it's not people are dying. honey people die, never stopped no one. Most likely he had a cute radio song that could be pushed and be a hit but if he's not confident just shows that his work was a bit hollow. Which most of his music has been, imo, of late. I think it's a time to challenge creativity, you may wait a bit but can't wait too much, and just maybe some newbie will come with a fresh idea. 

Totally agree with you. I think June is fair game for Gaga. 

S0436

Well he should be happy Gaga postponed her album by at least 2 months then.  And I think he is only a contributing writer on one track on Chromatica, so he won’t have much say about it.

Morphine Prince

No it isn't. If anything, people use music as a coping mechanism to deal with real life. Music can be used to heal us during dark times. 

InstantDejavu
1 minute ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

I created this thread to create a discussion in general about the music industry, hence its placement in this forum. If you can’t provide commentary or an opinion without  being rude then refrain from commenting. And also don’t compare Dua & Gaga. Plz. 

lol I am not being rude. I simply say I can't follow some of you guys. You complain about charts and not doing good enough but on the other hand they want Gaga to release an album in the middle of a worldwide crisis. Like literally...I can't. I simply cannot understand that at all.

You can't have everything in life. 

whore
16 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

So the entire music industry is just not suppose to create art or delay it indefinitely? Most people subscribe to streaming services and Spotify has a free tier so I don’t really agree with the “cant expect people to pay for this right now” argument personally. I’m just wondering at what point it becomes “OK” to release new music. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When people aren't dropping like flies due to a global pandemic that is killing people? That would be an okay time to release new music. Music brings people to record stores, concert venues, and other social gatherings. It would be indirectly irresponsible to release a dance-pop record and pretend like the world isn't going through a crisis right now. And I agree with his point, it would be tone-deaf to market a non-essential product during a time when the public couldn't care less about it. Aside from that, there would be no way for her to promote the record, it would flop like Mariah Carey's Rainbow did during 9/11. 

Obviously the music industry can continue to create art, but it's clear that now is not the time. I mean, if you want Chromatica to peak at number 98 on the charts and have no one aside from the fans noticing it's out, then I guess she should release it :sis:

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
21 minutes ago, S0436 said:

Well he should be happy Gaga postponed her album by at least 2 months then.  And I think he is only a contributing writer on one track on Chromatica, so he won’t have much say about it.

Agreed. Although his album was due out Mid-May so it’s confusing how he uses the pandemic argument. Like obviously things aren’t going to be anywhere near normal but many places are peaking and beginning to form committees to discuss safely reopening. The worst is over. Gaga unfortunately literally had a release date that experts predicted would be the peak for deaths from the virus so I understood why she did that. 

blankpaper

I think pushing a bunch of promo right now is tone deaf. But just releasing music for the sake of releasing music isn’t 

reality’s tight if the music is right

whore
1 minute ago, blankpaper said:

I think pushing a bunch of promo right now is tone deaf. But just releasing music for the sake of releasing music isn’t 

That's the point I'm getting at. And we all know that Gaga was planning a promotion cycle as big as Born This Way with this album cycle so there's a reason why she postponed it. 

Emvee

It seems to me that he’s just another industry creature. He’s more bothered by the data indicating that sales of new music are down than the pandemic itself. 

If this pandemic had shown a spike in sales, for whatever reason, the industry would be pushing the releases - no doubt about it. 

GayWeatherBOI
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

No it isn't. If anything, people use music as a coping mechanism to deal with real life. Music can be used to heal us during dark times. 

Honestly I have to agree 100%

In my head I do everything right - Lorde

Archived