Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Shallow 24H YT Views Surpass SL

Economy

Featured Posts

iAstroLeo
4 hours ago, Economy said:

Well ASIB era was huge in Portugal

I remember when I went to visit there last summer "Always Remember Us This Way" played on the radio all the time as well

I didn't hear that even once here in Canada :rip:

ARUTW was on the top 25 of RFM for 48 weeks :legend:

It only was dropped because they removed it from the voting list :huntyga:

LoveYouLots

Makes sense since Shallow is the current single :)

But yeah, a shame but hey Shallow is definitely another hit that defines her career so yeah it's kinda difficult to rival that especially since Stupid Love, although enjoyable, is not really the best follow up to Shallow. I'm sure Chromatica will have a defining song.

Economy
14 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

ARUTW was on the top 25 of RFM for 48 weeks :legend:

It only was dropped because they removed it from the voting list :huntyga:

Thats 11 months. Almost a year :duck:

In my city (Toronto area) we did have a song that was easily in the top 20 radio for a solid 1.5 years it was actually insane:

Taide

SL kinda flopped and it's sad. If she'd done all the promo she had planned, it would been in the top 10's right now. 

Inferno
9 hours ago, Economy said:

Yeah. That's not by any means terrible

Still a bit of an underperformer for a lead of a big artist that also had a big movie and hit a year and a bit before tho

Meh I don't think thats fair. It got no promotion beyond her own social media and its music video. A video will only continue to stream if the song is propelled forward otherwise. Not only did she not really do that but she entirely lost the chance due to all this corona business lol and tbh....that video was so bad it doesn't really surprise me that it didn't amplify its success in any way. Anyway, I entirely underestimated the song personally. Its such an addicting infectious little thing. Not the comeback I wanted but its still killer to run to. Its up there with Dua Lipas latest imo.

Gaga still got better stats than Katy and Demi's latest singles.

Economy
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Meh I don't think thats fair. It got no promotion beyond her own social media and its music video. A video will only continue to stream if the song is propelled forward otherwise. Not only did she not really do that but she entirely lost the chance due to all this corona business lol and tbh....that video was so bad it doesn't really surprise me that it didn't amplify its success in any way. Anyway, I entirely underestimated the song personally. Its such an addicting infectious little thing. Not the comeback I wanted but its still killer to run to.

Well, most big artists don't necessarily need major promo to get a hit

While promo would have no doubt helped, considering Gaga got off a big era and one of the biggest careers of her life, I still would have expected greater performance from this lead single

I wouldn't call it an outright flop... But definitely expected more

Inferno
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well, most big artists don't necessarily need major promo to get a hit

While promo would have no doubt helped, considering Gaga got off a big era and one of the biggest careers of her life, I still would have expected greater performance from this lead single

I wouldn't call it an outright flop... But definitely expected more

I don't really agree with that. I think that philosophy only applies to currentday artists popular with Gen Z, the generation that essentially propels the hits with their streaming habits. Gaga is not Dua or Ariana or Rihanna even despite the success of ASIB, which imo was amazing but compared to her peers hits, its not like Shallow really dominated streaming or anything. Even despite its massive success worldwide it was never continuously topping Spotify or anything you know? I think the fact that SL went top 5 at all is a testament to her re-gaining respect/popularity and that helping her solo pop career.

All of that being said, Stupid Love is fun but just isnt that single thats going to dominate anyway. Hopefully something else on Chromatica could be.

Economy
27 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I don't really agree with that. I think that philosophy only applies to currentday artists popular with Gen Z, the generation that essentially propels the hits with their streaming habits. Gaga is not Dua or Ariana or Rihanna even despite the success of ASIB, which imo was amazing but compared to her peers hits, its not like Shallow really dominated streaming or anything. Even despite its massive success worldwide it was never continuously topping Spotify or anything you know? I think the fact that SL went top 5 at all is a testament to her re-gaining respect/popularity and that helping her solo pop career.

All of that being said, Stupid Love is fun but just isnt that single thats going to dominate anyway. Hopefully something else on Chromatica could be.

Rihanna is an artist that has been around longer than Gaga tho :enigma:

ArtGagaPop
57 minutes ago, Inferno said:

its not like Shallow really dominated streaming or anything. Even despite its massive success worldwide it was never continuously topping Spotify or anything you know? 

Just wanna point out that Shallow is one of the most streamad songs of all time on spotify and broke several records on the platform :billie:

11 hours ago, iAstroLeo said:

I hear Shallow more on the radio than SL so :selena:

Not in the UK ya don't

Inferno
14 hours ago, Economy said:

Rihanna is an artist that has been around longer than Gaga tho :enigma:

Yes but shes also continuously kept herself relevant particularly with this new generation than Gaga has. Part of that also has to do with her urban leaning music and the fact that Gen Z primarily consumes rap/hip-hop and R&B.

Archived